ReefCleaners.org

•••JR's Aquatica Oasis•••

JR!

I do. I'm still getting micro bubbles in the display but the Skimmer hasn't been used so it still has to break in. I looked and I have some green junk this morning

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel

Personally I used to like the ones they sold 15 or so years ago when Tunze was big on the market in the US but currently I am told they no longer are all that popular and have modified their line quite a bit but I would have to check to see what all the changes in their product line are. They are tops in Germany though (still)

Albert

How u liking the tunze... Mine hasn't been modded but pulls some good green crap

Here is a link to their new product line which appears to indeed have changed a lot from when I first ran across them in the US and in Germany when traveling to Europe for business

http://www.tunze.com/149.html?&L=1&amp...=-infoxunter027

Albert

I do. I'm still getting micro bubbles in the display but the Skimmer hasn't been used so it still has to break in. I looked and I have some green junk this morning
albertthiel

Yes micro bubbles and Tunze skimmers is not news to me ... it sometimes took a lot of work and adjusting to get rid of them but it is possible so don't despair :)

Albert

albertthiel

oops my mistake ... did not read it that way thought you were getting one

Have a great Sunday and relax .... or ... maybe hunt some super shoes down :) :)

Albert

I already have one, he's a cutie. The question was for JR, he wanted to get one.

How far does the skimmer cap stick above the rim? Looks 3-4"?

Think it might be time to get a mini skimmer.

How far does the skimmer cap stick above the rim? Looks 3-4"?

Think it might be time to get a mini skimmer.

yep its just even with the top of the tank. looks good to me imo, much better then the stock cup

water change and cleaning of all the rock is in order for the day

I order them with positive fast service and even flew over there last month to check them out. Customer is awesome! They even ship my bracket for free because I forgot to added in the order and they immediately shipped it out!

Gonna live that new Ati fixture pro! What bulb combos did you went with?

I order them with positive fast service and even flew over there last month to check them out. Customer is awesome! They even ship my bracket for free because I forgot to added in the order and they immediately shipped it out!

Gonna live that new Ati fixture pro! What bulb combos did you went with?

hype pmed me a great combo but i forgot it lol

fcc.gif

UAF.jpg

gonna add that next week.

Que? Is that a GFO reactor? Whatever it is, how are you hooking it up/putting it inline ?

albertthiel

Looks like this could be a type of multi-purpsose cartridge or an RO unit or a particulate filter .. not sure ... Let us know what you intend it for and indeed how you are going to hook it up ...

Albert

Que? Is that a GFO reactor? Whatever it is, how are you hooking it up/putting it inline ?

Its a co2 scrubber for the Skimmer. Other have had awesome results with it. Gonna see if it will keep the alk and Ph in check.

albertthiel

Could not tell from the pic .. .thanks for the info ...

are you not running a carb harness reactor ? That should get rid of the CO2 as the compound inside needs the acidity to become soluble and maintain the carb harness .. just wondering

Albert

Its a co2 scrubber for the Skimmer. Other have had awesome results with it. Gonna see if it will keep the alk and Ph in check.
albertthiel

Yes that makes sense ... Should work too and do a good job for you

Albert

No reactor. Just filter floss chemipure elite chaeto. And now the skimmer

7180968529_51e6680036.jpg

well the skimmer looks like it working :)

everyone in the tank looks much better. even the purple/blue acro seems to be growing back some tissue.

albertthiel

Yes that sure looks like a nicely working skimmer (Tunze?)

Albert

7180968529_51e6680036.jpg

well the skimmer looks like it working :)

everyone in the tank looks much better. even the purple/blue acro seems to be growing back some tissue.

Archived