Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

•••JR's Aquatica Oasis•••

JR!

Nice man. And I see you sold your other skimmer cup too. Good stuff.

thanks! :)

Thought so ... I remember the first ones they brought out a long long time ago ... that were very powerful but unfortunately did need a lot of tweaking to get the tiny bubbles that would enter the aquarium under control

Albert

yea there were alot of micro bubbles in the display for about 2 days but they have all since passed :) im getting a good heavy foam now too

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel

Tunze always made good skimmers but I guess there are so many other brands on the market right now that hobbyists have lots of choices ...

Not just lots, but actually tons of choices ... The good ones however seem to remain on the pricier side

Albert

thanks! :)

yea there were alot of micro bubbles in the display for about 2 days but they have all since passed :) im getting a good heavy foam now too

got tired of no coralline in the display so i pulled the rocks from the fuge and scraped the #### out of them and tossed them in the display for good measure. gonna dose so brightwell elemental and see what happens

albertthiel
got tired of no coralline in the display so i pulled the rocks from the fuge and scraped the #### out of them and tossed them in the display for good measure. gonna dose so brightwell elemental and see what happens

Is that dosing trace elements ?

Is there a reason you believe you do not have enough T E's in the water ? Just wondering.

Albert

Is that dosing trace elements ?

Is there a reason you believe you do not have enough T E's in the water ? Just wondering.

Albert

well i have not seen a bit of coralline growth since the tank was started and the rock that was in the fuge was 95% covered in thick stuff. worth the try.

in other news i found a piece of red monti cap that i broke off the frag when i mounted it about a month ago. polys are fully open and the color is great. glued it to the sps/gsp island and were gonna see what happens.

might snag a few more mushrooms this weekend.

albertthiel
well i have not seen a bit of coralline growth since the tank was started and the rock that was in the fuge was 95% covered in thick stuff. worth the try.

in other news i found a piece of red monti cap that i broke off the frag when i mounted it about a month ago. polys are fully open and the color is great. glued it to the sps/gsp island and were gonna see what happens.

might snag a few more mushrooms this weekend.

Good news then indeed ... good luck with growing the coralline ... should work as long as Ca++ is high enough

Albert

If you need a piece of live rock that is heavily covered in Coraline, I can let you borrow a big chunk of one from my 55g. Would just need it back when you are done!

I used it to seed the Pico when I had it and that happened really quick.

That's great new! I can't get coraline algae to grow either. My rocks just turn brown and green. How can I get that pure purple algae?

albertthiel
That's great new! I can't get coraline algae to grow either. My rocks just turn brown and green. How can I get that pure purple algae?

Below is a link that gives a lot of info

http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/aboutcora...s/coralline.htm

Albert

Below is a link that gives a lot of info

http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/aboutcora...s/coralline.htm

Albert

Here is another one

http://www.ehow.com/how_7617108_improve-gr...line-algae.html

and one more

http://kb.marinedepot.com/article.aspx?id=10274

A

Reef crystals

And how successful are you with that salt ...

Albert

Deleted User 4

Have you tried Bionic 2 parts? It worked on my previous tank with just double compact lighting (worse than t5).

+1. I hate it when coraline takes over in the back of the tank.....

albertthiel
Thanks for the links al.

Just started with the salt. Seems to be ok though

You are most welcome

Albert

Albert thank you Again for the helpful link. I really appreciate your kindness

Jr. I do use ESV Bionic alk/cal/mag but I guess I am not dosing it right. I have never seen purple coraline algae develop in my tank. I heard this one guy suggested to add small crushed rubble rocks or crushed sea shelf on the sand bed. Not sure if that is true because he had the same problem like I am having for the longest time.

I really don't wanna mess up my white little sandbed. Lol

albertthiel
Albert thank you Again for the helpful link. I really appreciate your kindness

Jr. I do use ESV Bionic alk/cal/mag but I guess I am not dosing it right. I have never seen purple coraline algae develop in my tank. I heard this one guy suggested to add small crushed rubble rocks or crushed sea shelf on the sand bed. Not sure if that is true because he had the same problem like I am having for the longest time.

I really don't wanna mess up my white little sandbed. Lol

d'Espresso: The suggestions made of introducing rocks with lots of coralline algae on them should work for you too IMO

Here are two more article on how to grow them :

http://www.saltwater-aquarium-online-guide...line-algae.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coralline_algae

Albert

thanks for more links al!! :D

ATI fixture might be on the way tomorrow :D

I kinda wish I went with an Ati dimmable fixtures but I just could drop 700 on the unit. Well, I can't wait to see your fixture comes in tomorrow. What bulbs combo did u went with? Maybe

Ati blue plus, coral plus, blue plus, coral plus or purple plus

I kinda wish I went with an Ati dimmable fixtures but I just could drop 700 on the unit. Well, I can't wait to see your fixture comes in tomorrow. What bulbs combo did u went with? Maybe

Ati blue plus, coral plus, blue plus, coral plus or purple plus

blue plus-coral plus-blue plus-purple plus

You're getting a ATI?! that's awesome. Which one.

Also, I've been meaning to ask you: What 70w bulbs did you use on you FNI fixture?

and a super quick fts. gonna clean the glass in the morning and have a few better pics. this thread needs it.

7283724090_1d25232596_b.jpg

me likey

You're getting a ATI?! that's awesome. Which one.

Also, I've been meaning to ask you: What 70w bulbs did you use on you FNI fixture?

i got a used 24in x4 non dim-able. gonna see how i like the t'5s. then im gonna get the dim-able when in the spring

ATI whore.

You gonna post some pics or what?

yea well im a classy whore :P

3uJT7.jpg

z9FMD.jpg

62qTo.jpg

8Evp5.jpg

me likey

thanks man. im really happy with the way its been turning out. ive been looking into building a new tank and moving all the stuff in there. the wife wants me to have something kinda like what you have.

i think im gonna end up hanging it like hype did his or maybe from the ceiling. gonna talk to the wife and see what she likes. im cool with either way.

other news were leaving for myrtle beach monday night and were not gonna be back till friday so im not gonna be able to mess with it till then :rant:

Archived