Top Shelf Aquatics

•••JR's Aquatica Oasis•••

JR!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel

Oh noooooo .... you see 1 but there are probably many that you have not seen yet ... hopefully not but IME that is usually the case ... Need a Berghia or you need to inject them with a searing and use heated limewater (Kalkwasser) or depending on what you have in the tank you can use Aiptasia eating Butterflies but the problem is that if you have corals they will eat those too so that's not a good solution ... Berghia is probably better except that after the Aiptasia are gone it will be difficult to keep the Berghia alive as is the case with lots of other types of Nudibranchs ... (unfortunately). I used to have a Spanish Dancer but never managed to keep that beautiful Nudi alive for more than 6 to 8 weeks ... for lack of the right foodstuff and have still not figured out what exact food that one needs ... but back to your Aiptasia ... give one of the two methods (Nudi or injection) a shot ... and good luck.

Albert

i sure hope so.

lakers are looking good. have a small duster in the middle of them. noticed an aiptasia on the left side this morning. -_-

7343466744_ed7017a53f_z.jpg

Yea I got him the other day with lemon juice. Works like a charm ;)

On the other hand I have an extra large Steve t cup that I need to sell.

albertthiel

Very odd skimmer indeed ... some more pictures taken from different angles and of that other vessel that seems to have foam in it would be helpful in understanding this better I think ... Thanks for posting some more info.

Albert

What skimmer you has bro! Look very new and cleany

What kind of skimmer is that and what is the vat next to it that seems to have foam in it if I may ask you for more details ... interesting ...

Albert

7352657842_a754f394c5_c.jpg

got me a skimmer

I think deepwater aiptasia only tank would look fresh!

I agree. I think they can be very pretty under the right light

Good thread. I had a good read. How's the 70 watt halide doing it for you? I'm considering it for my MR18....

Been perfect so far. I'd do it if I were you

Jr. Do you know about the modified tunze skimmer DIY? It's to make it easier to control your air valve and skimming bubble and it is much more quite then the OEM. Just thought you would like to know.

albertthiel

Is that indeed so? I have not seen the most recent Tunze skimmers but in talking to an LFS owner the other day he was telling me that they have somewhat gone out of fashion ... not sure if that is correct but may be those reading this can chime in and expand on the topic ...

Strange looking Tunze set up though ..

Albert

haha the first chamber is filter floss and the skimmer is a tunze 9002 with a intank cup

Problem IMO is that they can multiply so fast that they overtake just about everything in the tank .. how do you prevent that from happening if you are going to keep them ?

Just wondering

Albert

I agree. I think they can be very pretty under the right light

Any other pictures e.g. close ups of the new DIY Tunze ... did not realize they made DIY units but then things have changed so much with products coming from Germany that doing so may just be one more of the switches in the type of equipment they use just as Eheim has made lots of changes to their product line (and apparently all of it is now made in China) .. as I was told about two days go by the local rep

Albert

Jr. Do you know about the modified tunze skimmer DIY? It's to make it easier to control your air valve and skimming bubble and it is much more quite then the OEM. Just thought you would like to know.
Hey JR, did you get the mandarin?

Yea know I haven't had the chance to go back there.

What's the condition of the SPS now JR?

Same. Still getting some good pe on the parts that still have tissue. Might frag it and see what happens

I see mandarin talk so I just want to throw this in here since I'm still mad about it. At the lfs yesterday there was 1 mandarin for sale. Not Ora, skinny, a full grown male, and other stores around are between 9~16 bucks. They wanted 60!

albertthiel

I guess depending on size the price is going to vary but 60 seems a lot but then 9 to 16 $ seems low to me IME

Albert

I see mandarin talk so I just want to throw this in here since I'm still mad about it. At the lfs yesterday there was 1 mandarin for sale. Not Ora, skinny, a full grown male, and other stores around are between 9~16 bucks. They wanted 60!

Archived