Coral Vue Hydros

•••JR's Aquatica Oasis•••

JR!

Stupid damsel! They are evil fish.

Hope the acro heals up.

Thanks Chris.

Bad news though. I woke up to most of the tissue falling off the restore the colony.

Feels bad man.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Payback time for the Damsel fish! Put him in a um....what do you call it....a Mantis tank and see how long he lives :P

Payback time for the Damsel fish! Put him in a um....what do you call it....a Mantis tank and see how long he lives :P

Haha I wonder who has one :P

Let's see some pics of the acro to tell if its going to make it.

Ill snap a few when I get home from work

buddythelion

Lucky you being next to tidal gardens! Pick up the cupid palys if you can, I had them and they're easily one of the brightest orange palys I've had. I want the toucans too, but they always get bidded too high.

Lucky you being next to tidal gardens! Pick up the cupid palys if you can, I had them and they're easily one of the brightest orange palys I've had. I want the toucans too, but they always get bidded too high.

Will do. Awesome that I got to walk around the place and get to look at all the coral first hand.

kugelblitz
Will do. Awesome that I got to walk around the place and get to look at all the coral first hand.

Hey Jr how far from streetboro is tidal gardens? Your in Medina where is it located? thanz for your help!

Hey Jr how far from streetboro is tidal gardens? Your in Medina where is it located? thanz for your help!

google maps says about 40 minutes. depending on where you are located

Dude thank you

not a problem. make sure you call a few days before you wanna go to make an appointment. Or you could buy something and pick it up too

mmm It should recover in no time!!

i sure hope so.

lakers are looking good. have a small duster in the middle of them. noticed an aiptasia on the left side this morning. -_-

7343466744_ed7017a53f_z.jpg

twan heres the acro now :(

7343012768_2f532ab6e4_b.jpg

Looks like RTN to me. Tissue just flaking off? Alk swings maybe? I doubt this guy will recover from that. There's always hope, maybe just wait it out. OR, frag the top section asap before it is too late. Damsel is only eating the dead flaked off tissue, opportunistic feeder.

After seeing the picture I am thinking RTN as well.

It is from the inside out.

The Damsel would be hitting the extremities 1st if anything.

sp_1504_clip07.jpg<-----Jrmiller

b42.png

Looks like RTN to me. Tissue just flaking off? Alk swings maybe? I doubt this guy will recover from that. There's always hope, maybe just wait it out. OR, frag the top section asap before it is too late. Damsel is only eating the dead flaked off tissue, opportunistic feeder.

yep it was flacking. i thought it was just due to the fish picking at it. good to know what the deal is :D

After seeing the picture I am thinking RTN as well.

It is from the inside out.

The Damsel would be hitting the extremities 1st if anything.

yep its from the inside out.

all the other sps is looking better then it has before. weird just weird

Bummer for acro. Looks like a beautiful pieces if it didn't get damage from the damsel.

thanks david. they have more just like that one. gonna grab another one and hope for the best. :D the red planet is starting to encrust the the rock it one, the whole plug is now covered and its been gaining more green everyday.

d'Espresso

How do you get it to grow so fast. I am having a difficult time getting it to grow the SPS out. How long do you all set your light period.

My lights is 5-7 hour only.

How do you get it to grow so fast. I am having a difficult time getting it to grow the SPS out. How long do you all set your light period.

My lights is 5-7 hour only.

10am-10pm i know thats a bit to much :happy: i might take it back a bit.

JR, can you tell me what your KH is at and what you use to test for it.

I suspect one of two things happened to your acro or a combination of both:

1) Alk dosing, too much too quick, maybe your Alk went up too high. It's actually easier to do than people think. >12 dKH and #2 below will generally cause RTN or STN depending on the severity of both #1 and 2. Some corals are not affected like others, some to a lesser degree.

2) PO4 remover like GFO can bring down PO4 rapidly causing RTN. Can't remember what you are doing for filtration, but it is also a common cause of RTN.

Are you dosing? Whats your water change schedule?

I have yet to get into dosing.

Normally I do 4 gallons every Friday but I've been slipping on that.

Archived