Cultivated Reef

•••JR's Aquatica Oasis•••

JR!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no doubt. i think im gonna leave them. they are good for the water apparently. lol

added some chaeto today. still not to sure what i want to use as a fuge light though

Looking great! Im replacing my rubbermaid sump with a glass 20 high.. I was pulling out some LR from the sump to see what i could scape with and my rock looks identical to yours! I have thousands of them in the sump. They are definately harmless, just wouldnt sautee them with buttered garlic and eat em ;). they are are better with fruit, chili powder type of deal

o and a really crappy fts just before the lights when off.

7140867615_7b3c826222_c.jpg

cyano/hair algae and the nano mag in the way in all. lol

Isnt this the only time for a fts??

Isnt this the only time for a fts??

Haha seems like it. I like to take them in the middle of the day though

NanoTopia

Hey JR, Those are pineapple sponges, harmless, leave them be, they filter the water. They stay about that size and will diminish on there own in time depending on how much floss you use to filter out the fine particles. The other little white hard spots on the rock I believe are a species of vermetid snail and are also harmless. Your tank is looking really cool, like the scape. What are you doing for corals, any idea yet.

Hey JR, Those are pineapple sponges, harmless, leave them be, they filter the water. They stay about that size and will diminish on there own in time depending on how much floss you use to filter out the fine particles. The other little white hard spots on the rock I believe are a species of vermetid snail and are also harmless. Your tank is looking really cool, like the scape. What are you doing for corals, any idea yet.

That's cool. The snails I knew about but the sponges I hadn't seen before. As for coral I have been doing more and more spa as of late. I have mostly soft and lps

small update.

moved the hammer to a more low flow area. chaeto had to be trimmed already lol. no fuge light yet. cant wait to see how it grows with one.

cyano has been really diminished. might be due to a addition of the chaeto?

more sps will be added this week. medium acan colony maybe also

great tank dimensions, I've got a 24x22x12 myself and I'm loving the wide and shallow look

cool man! id like to see that

Spirofucci

Hey Jr, just saw your FTS, Way cool!!!!

Yep, those are pineapple sponges. I had a billion in the back chambers a few months ago and got freaked out, lol. In the last few weeks they are almost gone.

I think I've seen others use that before. Why not use the submersible one though (just curious) ?

Well I went to buy one but everywhere that has them are over 25 shipped. And intank is out of them :(

Hey Jr, just saw your FTS, Way cool!!!!

Yep, those are pineapple sponges. I had a billion in the back chambers a few months ago and got freaked out, lol. In the last few weeks they are almost gone.

Thanks man. Its really coming along well.

I use this light for my chaeto, I get crazy growth from it

aquahouse PL

I really like that. Is there I way I can over from them?

Well I went to buy one but everywhere that has them are over 25 shipped. And intank is out of them :(

Hmm...that link I originally sent you should come to less than 25 shipped for that light. I believe it was like 22.95 or something.

Hmm...that link I originally sent you should come to less than 25 shipped for that light. I believe it was like 22.95 or something.

found this one at the local ace.

vkJuG.jpg

might try that one for a bit.

yep i can and yep i will be there. we need to hit up a good bar after if we dont have livestock :P

birdsnest and hammer moved. i think im gonna sell the hammer. i dont like it anymore.

Lol...Maybe I'll trade you a frag of that SPS I have for your hammer ?

Archived