AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=289499

This guy using almost same setup, beside that he using 45k/10k

My setup whit the mix of 45k/65k makes it yellow?

the 10k leds are almost not even white they have so much blue spectrum. the 6500k appear yellowish white, and the 4500k are much more yellow, and both need more royal blue than 1:1 to achieve a high color temperature. i would recommend using all 4500k white and more royal blue, keeping them in a 2:3 ratio, to get a 14k look that will bring out the colors of your corals, not drown them out like too much cool white can, when not supplemented with red and green spectrum.

and you will not be able to tell that the violets are on, even if you used 8 of them instead of two. they are great for growth and will make coral colors come out awesomely, 2 is good on a tank the size of yours though.

either way, its gonna look good.

the 10k leds are almost not even white they have so much blue spectrum. the 6500k appear yellowish white, and the 4500k are much more yellow, and both need more royal blue than 1:1 to achieve a high color temperature. i would recommend using all 4500k white and more royal blue, keeping them in a 2:3 ratio, to get a 14k look that will bring out the colors of your corals, not drown them out like too much cool white can, when not supplemented with red and green spectrum.

and you will not be able to tell that the violets are on, even if you used 8 of them instead of two. they are great for growth and will make coral colors come out awesomely, 2 is good on a tank the size of yours though.

either way, its gonna look good.

16 10k and 16rb+2red and pink....i want the 20k look. Can this work whitout ####ing upp the coral colors? The order still waiting for shipment, seems like they are slow :-)

And that is a good thing atm ;-)

jedimasterben
16 10k and 16rb+2red and pink....i want the 20k look. Can this work whitout ####ing upp the coral colors? The order still waiting for shipment, seems like they are slow :-)

And that is a good thing atm ;-)

so your actual tank size would be somewhere

8x 4500k white

16x royal blue

3x violet

2x red

2x cyan

and then maybe order the rest as royal blue so you can play around with your final color temp without dimming. MOAR POWER! ;)

8x 4500k white

16x royal blue

3x violet

2x red

2x cyan

and then maybe order the rest as royal blue so you can play around with your final color temp without dimming. MOAR POWER! ;)

Thx man...hope they answer soon, and not sendig the erlier order :-)

Hi Guys, I don't know if it's already posted, but now there are Cool Blue at Aquastyle!!

Anyone has tested they? I've readed that Aquastayle Royal Blue are very similar to Cool Blue of Rebel... If It's true, What color will have Cool Blue from Aquastyle?

Regards

jedimasterben
Hi Guys, I don't know if it's already posted, but now there are Cool Blue at Aquastyle!!

Anyone has tested they? I've readed that Aquastayle Royal Blue are very similar to Cool Blue of Rebel... If It's true, What color will have Cool Blue from Aquastyle?

Regards

Ray actually changed the royal blue recently. They are much closer to royal blue now, in the 455nm range. The cool blue are 460-470nm, may not sound like a whole lot of difference, but it's pretty big. ;)

Ray actually changed the royal blue recently. They are much closer to royal blue now, in the 455nm range. The cool blue are 460-470nm, may not sound like a whole lot of difference, but it's pretty big. ;)

How many recently? I bought a couple at May 2012...i will upgrade this fixture as you know, and i don´t like to get surprised because a half of my tank have "other blue" in the Royal Blue spectrum...

Thanks!

8x 4500k white

16x royal blue

3x violet

2x red

2x cyan

They canged my order to this+5 extra RB.

Can u help me out whit a pattern to set this leds??

Thx for the advice so far :D

Edit

My display area is 45x45x45cm.

Aug 2, 2012 11:49 PMArrived at FedEx locationPARIS FR

Aug 2, 2012 5:54 PMIn transitCHEK LAP KOK HK

Aug 1, 2012 11:40 PMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HK

Aug 1, 2012 9:50 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityKWUN TONG HK

Aug 1, 2012 7:50 PMPicked upKWUN TONG HKPackage received after FedEx cutoff

Aug 1, 2012 7:27 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityKWUN TONG HK

Aug 1, 2012 5:25 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

Aug 1, 2012 6:18 PMPicked upKWUN TONG HK

Wtf?

jedimasterben
Aug 2, 2012 11:49 PMArrived at FedEx locationPARIS FR

Aug 2, 2012 5:54 PMIn transitCHEK LAP KOK HK

Aug 1, 2012 11:40 PMAt local FedEx facilityLANTAU ISLAND HK

Aug 1, 2012 9:50 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityKWUN TONG HK

Aug 1, 2012 7:50 PMPicked upKWUN TONG HKPackage received after FedEx cutoff

Aug 1, 2012 7:27 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityKWUN TONG HK

Aug 1, 2012 5:25 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

Aug 1, 2012 6:18 PMPicked upKWUN TONG HK

Wtf?

probably missed the plane heading this way, so they shipped it the opposite direction. probably will get here at the same time though.

probably missed the plane heading this way, so they shipped it the opposite direction. probably will get here at the same time though.

Naa its the right direction....Cant belive how fast the are :o

Edit.

I suppose aquastyle holding up in asia -_-

Rollermonkey

Time zones. Some long haul flights "land before they take off". All the times are shown in local, so it's longer than it looks.

Hi guys; I started soldering & wiring up the LEDs. I am having a problem; if anyone care to advise.

I've wired 9RB and 2TV on the single driver. It successfully light up without issue; but when I turn it off from the main switch. The LEDs are still ON as in dimmed at about 1%. I can still see faint light emitting from the led.

Any idea? Is there anything that I did wrong in terms of wiring or soldering? My 1st time though

jedimasterben
Hi guys; I started soldering & wiring up the LEDs. I am having a problem; if anyone care to advise.

I've wired 9RB and 2TV on the single driver. It successfully light up without issue; but when I turn it off from the main switch. The LEDs are still ON as in dimmed at about 1%. I can still see faint light emitting from the led.

Any idea? Is there anything that I did wrong in terms of wiring or soldering? My 1st time though

nothign wrong, they are just very slowly draining power. takes a while.

nothign wrong, they are just very slowly draining power. takes a while.

Thanks! Tested it again. Indeed so.

So here is my completed array connected.

Voilla!!

6785da60.jpg

Next ill need to figure out, on how to fit this heatsink into the hood of my nanocube. :)

Voilla!!

6785da60.jpg

Next ill need to figure out, on how to fit this heatsink into the hood of my nanocube. :)

Curious why you have the emitters bunched up like that? Would not an even spread on the heatsink give you better coverage or are you trying to make a spotlight effect?

jedimasterben
Curious why you have the emitters bunched up like that? Would not an even spread on the heatsink give you better coverage or are you trying to make a spotlight effect?

Keeping the colors spread out gives it slightly more coverage, but it creates an incredible amount of "disco" - where you can see the separate colors reflecting off of things in the tank, which doesn't look nice at all. Clustering is absolutely the way to go, cuts wayyyy down on it, sometimes eliminating it completely.

Keeping the colors spread out gives it slightly more coverage, but it creates an incredible amount of "disco" - where you can see the separate colors reflecting off of things in the tank, which doesn't look nice at all. Clustering is absolutely the way to go, cuts wayyyy down on it, sometimes eliminating it completely.

I have built two of these DIY builds and do not see this disco effect. I think it is because I have lots of surface agitation so the beams are dancing so fast that they don't settle in one place long enough to be noticed. Interesting.

Hey, i need to upgrade my lighting and would love to use aquastyles again but need advise. (I have the dimmable 12 led kit for my 5g and love it.) I have a 30g breeder (36"L x12"W x16"H) and was thinking 36 led, 4 groups of 9, 7" apart with no optics. But reading over the thread it sounds like colors vary person to person. I have lps-sps, red green blue purple etc corals. I need to figure out how i can split 36 leds among 2-4 drivers and what color ratios... any advise welcomed. So far ive just come up with this ratio...

..--RB,NW,UV-------

--cyan,DR,CB-------X3 more

..--RB,NW,RB-------

Also, is there a down side to using aluminum L or C channel as a heat sink? (regardless w/ or w/o a fan.)

Voilla!!

6785da60.jpg

Finally fitted this to the hood of my nanocube. Unfortunately i am getting serious spotlight/disco for the RED and CYAN that i have fitted right in the center. I suppose thats becuz i am using it within the hood. My water level is really close. I would say 3cm from the plastic guard. Any ways to fix this?

Or should i remove the red & cyan altogether replace them with RB&NW

My lights are chugging along. Just over a year old. 14 kit, 50/50 RB/CW. I did have to replace a driver.

7730201724_7e2d7470dd_b.jpg

jedimasterben
Finally fitted this to the hood of my nanocube. Unfortunately i am getting serious spotlight/disco for the RED and CYAN that i have fitted right in the center. I suppose thats becuz i am using it within the hood. My water level is really close. I would say 3cm from the plastic guard. Any ways to fix this?

Or should i remove the red & cyan altogether replace them with RB&NW

Add a piece of diffuser panel from home depot. You using optics? If so, remove them.

They canged my order to this+5 extra RB.

Can u help me out whit a pattern to set this leds??

Thx for the advice so far :D

Edit

My display area is 45x45x45cm.

8x4500k

21xrb

Was thinking to use all rb on same string, but if i dop that its going up to 75.6v.

The second one is 53.6v.

Remove some blue and set it in second?

post-6890-1344344792_thumb.jpg

Archived