ReefCleaners.org

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

andrewguilfoy

why do you I notice people steer clear of the violets? I mean you guys are using them, but why so little, are they that harsh?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why do you I notice people steer clear of the violets? I mean you guys are using them, but why so little, are they that harsh?

No they just don't pop the coral like the royal blue does.. and i have some in my sump and i don't think people are steering clear as much as... It's not status quo

I am looking at purchasing 1 of these kits for my 20 gallon long. I have talk to ray and he suggests the 24 led kid with a 15.8 inch heatsink and 80 degree optics. Does these sound like it would be spread out enough if the light wad placed about 8 inches above the water? They do carry a heat sink that is almost 20 inches in length, would I be better off to substitute in the larger heatsink for a better light spread or will I then run into issues with colors not blending well?

Just finished assembling my kit for my new pico... I like... :P

hardware

IMG_20120117_191330.jpg

completed

IMG_20120118_010211.jpg

Display

IMG_20120118_202029.jpg

I'm gonna try n post my build in a little bit.

I am looking at purchasing 1 of these kits for my 20 gallon long. I have talk to ray and he suggests the 24 led kid with a 15.8 inch heatsink and 80 degree optics. Does these sound like it would be spread out enough if the light wad placed about 8 inches above the water? They do carry a heat sink that is almost 20 inches in length, would I be better off to substitute in the larger heatsink for a better light spread or will I then run into issues with colors not blending well?

I had the 16x7 heatsink 32 LED on my 20L at about 5" above the water with no optics and it lit it very well..80 degrees would probably work good..60 degree optics it came with didnt light the tank for crap even like 10" or so up

Excuse my ignorance, what's the best way to reach Ray? Via Aquastyleonline's website?

support@aquastyleonline.com - takes him some time nowadays to reply - rest assured he is a good guy though :)

andrewguilfoy

Yeah Ray just hooked me up with a 72 kit.. I'm building a refuge light and a display tank light.. Customized LED's and all, he just wrote me back actually. Don't worry he'll come through..

No they just don't pop the coral like the royal blue does.. and i have some in my sump and i don't think people are steering clear as much as... It's not status quo

????

Nothing pops like 420nm. RB doesnt even compare

T5 super actinic = 420nm / TV LED = 420nm

Folks need to start using them a lot more IMO. I have been running them for over a year.

andrewguilfoy

I have to half agree on that one, when I used t5's at least the 420's really made them sort of glow.. Kind of like how your white tee's would under UV's. I have absolutely no experience with the LED's, but we shall see.

Nothing pops like 420nm. RB doesnt even compare

Always thought the RB LED is the best to make coral color pops :o . Do you have pictures that you can show us?

Always thought the RB LED is the best to make coral color pops :o . Do you have pictures that you can show us?

Very difficult to capture on camera and have it look correct. I will see if I can get something together and adjust it properly once I get the new build together.

Thanks for the info guys, my new tank and set up should be here soon. I'll be placing an order soon. My plans are to replicate the AI Sol minus the fancy stuff. lol

to me the one on the leff looks red and the one to the right would be the violet. Or is it the UV led? On the website there are UV Led and 420 Violet, what is the color difference between the two? I know the UV are what is available on the kits they have to select from. If you get a better color pop from the 420 Violet I may see if Ray will sub the Violet for the UV.

Anyone have a quick reference to as how big the maxwellen drivers are in comparison to let's say an iPhone? I've seen the dimensions but would like to see it in a photo. Thanks in advance.

Here is my retrofit for my 10 gallon Ar-380. I replaced the stock 11w pc lighting in the hood with a 10 LED Aquastyles 50/50 kit.

Before

100_0030-1.jpg

100_0049.jpg

During the build

100_0046.jpg

100_0048.jpg

100_0050.jpg

100_0051.jpg

In the hood

100_0056.jpg

100_0055.jpg

Final Product

100_0059.jpg

Blues washed out my point and shoot.

What do you guys think?

Nothing that isnt covered under state law of course... :mellow:

But the upgrade is great. The shimmer is really nice with my powerhead pointed at the surface and my frags in there are really popping with the 50/50.

Nothing that isnt covered under state law of course... :mellow:

But the upgrade is great. The shimmer is really nice with my powerhead pointed at the surface and my frags in there are really popping with the 50/50.

THIS guy.

I've been eying these for awhile and had to ask the Aquastyle users if you guys hook these up to a regular generic timer? Or should I just get the meanwell drivers + RKL with it? That's the only thing that's been bugging me before buying one.

Archived