inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Just for reference, I'm running 2 TDS out of my RO membrane and my 1.5 year old DI resin is still not exhausted. I'm going to replace it in a month just because it's old.

That and the color changing DI resins are crap compared to a high quality resin. :)

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Just for reference, I'm running 2 TDS out of my RO membrane and my 1.5 year old DI resin is still not exhausted. I'm going to replace it in a month just because it's old.

That and the color changing DI resins are crap compared to a high quality resin. :)

I wish mine would last that long. I'm running TDS input of 313, RO output is 3, so a 99.04% rejection rate, and my MaxCap SuperDI still only lasted 6 months before exhausting. I only make around 40-50 gallons monthly. :o

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

I wish mine would last that long. I'm running TDS input of 313, RO output is 3, so a 99.04% rejection rate, and my MaxCap SuperDI still only lasted 6 months before exhausting. I only make around 40-50 gallons monthly. :o

Ok I remember now mine was 270ish. After ro is 8 or 9 then after di is zero.

I need some quality di resin. Where to buy though?

I also only make about 30 a month.

jedimasterben

Ok I remember now mine was 270ish. After ro is 8 or 9 then after di is zero.

I need some quality di resin. Where to buy though?

I also only make about 30 a month.

RO membrane is still at 97% rejection, so it's still good. Could be better, but nothing that needs replacement yet (though, if replaced with one that did 98.8% rejection, your DI resin life would almost triple). Spectrapure DI resin is second to none. I use two resins - one Maxcap SuperDI and one SilicaBuster SuperDI. Having two resins (especially the Maxcap in place) increases the second resin's life and ensures that you always have 0 TDS output, even if your first resin is exhausted. According to AZ, every 3-6x you replace the Maxcap you'll need to replace the Silicabuster resin.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

RO membrane is still at 97% rejection, so it's still good. Could be better, but nothing that needs replacement yet (though, if replaced with one that did 98.8% rejection, your DI resin life would almost triple). Spectrapure DI resin is second to none. I use two resins - one Maxcap SuperDI and one SilicaBuster SuperDI. Having two resins (especially the Maxcap in place) increases the second resin's life and ensures that you always have 0 TDS output, even if your first resin is exhausted. According to AZ, every 3-6x you replace the Maxcap you'll need to replace the Silicabuster resin.

Im going to look into adding a silica gel buster to my rodi.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I have the Super DI, it was whatever came with my CSPD90 unit.

I've heard about replacing every 6 months regardless, but I read 0 TDS with a temp correcting meter so i continue to roll with it. I make about 80 gallons a month.

jedimasterben

Hmmm, I'm not sure I have the Super DI, it was whatever came with my CSPD90 unit.

I've heard about replacing every 6 months regardless, but I read 0 TDS with a temp correcting meter so i continue to roll with it. I make about 80 gallons a month.

Yours comes stock with the regular SilicaBuster cartridge. As long as the output is 0TDS, then keep using it. The only thing you need to change at six months would be the prefilters.

wow, for real. you all make that low of numbers, monthly? I make 100's of gallons monthly...am I doing something wrong?

Well, I don't do water changes (except big ones once in a blue moon, just this last couple of weeks I've made probably 100g), just topoff, and use some water for houshold things.

Yeah, level 4 out of 5 allergic. My doc gave me a prescription to "get rid of the cat". Idiot.

Wow. I'm allergic too -- I used to get really stuffy and my nose would do unnatural things. It got a lot better on it's own, I just need to remember to not rub my eyes after playing with kitty. Which, I found out, I do. A lot lol.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I found a cheap source of trigger pods you might like:

http://www.carolina.com/copepod/marine-copepod-tigriopus-californicus-living/142366.pr?catId=10498&mCat=10477&sCat=10496&ssCat=&question=

what is a silica gel buster.

Wow. I'm allergic too -- I used to get really stuffy and my nose would do unnatural things. It got a lot better on it's own, I just need to remember to not rub my eyes after playing with kitty. Which, I found out, I do. A lot lol.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I found a cheap source of trigger pods you might like:

http://www.carolina.com/copepod/marine-copepod-tigriopus-californicus-living/142366.pr?catId=10498&mCat=10477&sCat=10496&ssCat=&question=

I get hives on my face and neck, real pretty look. My eyes will water and itch too. All of this only happens with direct contact, not from allergens in the room.

Thanks for the pod link!!!

oooh they even have live copepods, cyclops!!

BattleAthletics

I get hives on my face and neck, real pretty look. My eyes will water and itch too. All of this only happens with direct contact, not from allergens in the room.

Thanks for the pod link!!!

jesus christ kat

• Like 1

yepp, I was actually responding to a dart frog thread that someone was looking for a clean source of aquatic microfauna, and I saw these and I thought you might appreciate them as well lol

And ouch. How do you pet your kitty then??

I can pet him, but if I rub my face directly in his fur I get itchy. I can go wash my face right away and it goes away. When I pet him with just my hands it is all good unless I touch my eyes.

Of course no day is complete without kisses and headbutts. I make it a point not to do this before I have to go out for the evening. :lol:

jesus christ kat

whaaaat. he's very cute, it is impossible not to give him some hugs

• Like 3

whaaaat. he's very cute, it is impossible not to give him some hugs

My tank is currently pretty close to the ground, so i have to crouch to get at it. Whenever I do so my cat will run across the house and plop in front of me for pets

• Like 2

In tank news. The Bird of Paradise colony I have had for 2 years went to a new home today. The acros crab that liked to live on it was very upset at being removed from it. Grew the colony from a frag that I got in May 2012. Fragged it several times over the 1.5 I had it. Finally sold the whole colony today. Gone.

I was talking about the silica gel comment.

oh. Ya, so? What is a silica gel buster? I only have the resin. It's little beads.

What's a silica gel absorber? Where is AZ rat?

I just made it up :slap:. But I do know there are reactors/cannisters that absorb silica.

I use two resins - one Maxcap SuperDI and one SilicaBuster SuperDI.

jesus christ kat

• Like 3