ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

51394-George-Takei-oh-my-gif-fXlS.gif

So you have it zip tied to the little sticker things on the tank and it still falls off? If that's the case, I'mma send you some new sticky things.

Oh myyyyyy.

• Like 5
jedimasterben

I have stickee things. :angry:

Then how did the dry side fall?

51394-George-Takei-oh-my-gif-fXlS.gif

So you have it zip tied to the little sticker things on the tank and it still falls off? If that's the case, I'mma send you some new sticky things.

Oh myyyyyy.

#winning

ku-xlarge.jpg

It's the best name everrr.

Okay it stalled again. I will deal with it in the morning.

Ruh roh. Last time I had a pump that kept stalling I had to replace the dry side with a new one. That was a cool $180. (was an Mp40, and the dude gave me a major discount from the $238 it should be, though, the MP10 dry side is only $106)

I had to replace the dry side with a new one. That was a cool $180. (was an Mp40, and the dude gave me a major discount from the $238 it should be, though, the MP10 dry side is only $106)

And this is why I will never own a vortech product. The competition, even if it completely dies and is unrepairable, is cheaper to flat out replace the entire unit.

Good morning. The color changing DI resin I changed in November is already 3/4 exhausted. Lots of silica in my tap water. I did make a lot of new water when I moved the tank but even so is it getting exhausted quicker or does most water have this much silica present?

Then how did the dry side fall?
I don't know. Just so we are clear the sticky thingees I am talking about are the square things. To which you zip tie the cord.
  • Like 1

Jeddi thinks it is falling off and hitting the ground, not just hangingoff the sticky thing. Metro doesn't know what the problem is as its not hitting the ground, its just hanging off the sticky thing like its designed to. In about another two days they'll figure out whtat the other is talking about.

• Like 3
jedimasterben

Good morning. The color changing DI resin I changed in November is already 3/4 exhausted. Lots of silica in my tap water. I did make a lot of new water when I moved the tank but even so is it getting exhausted quicker or does most water have this much silica present?

Whoa... that didn't take long. Depending on the TDS from your RO membrane, the DI resin should last for quite a bit of water passing through it.

I don't know. Just so we are clear the sticky thingees I am talking about are the square things. To which you zip tie the cord.

Yes, those. So it is just hanging and not actually hitting anything like Veng says? Which would mean that the wet side is what is falling, not the dry side?

Jeddi thinks it is falling off and hitting the ground, not just hangingoff the sticky thing. Metro doesn't know what the problem is as its not hitting the ground, its just hanging off the sticky thing like its designed to. In about another two days they'll figure out whtat the other is talking about.

Pretty much spot on :lol:

it's hanging there but both sides fell off. Actually, hmmmm I think the wet side fell off.

MP 10 BLUE BOX

Error light is Red/Blue, indicating miscellaneous error.

I have run the pump disconnect calibration and it didn't fix the problem.

So I swapped out the spare Blue box computer board with the one that was giving the error and now it works!

egyptian.gif

Now I have one very noisy dry side which is spare and one blue box with a red and blue error which is spare.

jedimasterben

So we chatted for a bit and finally got caught up, it only took 12 hours this time, so we're getting better :lol:

• Like 2

:slap: That's because you don't speak english.

And I don't understand kelvin.

On another note, I've been away from home for 3 days and my poor cat has complained non stop.

I am severely allergic to him so I'm not looking that hot since I've been basically hugging him since last night. He's tailing me everywhere, and right now he is sitting on my desk. As I type this.

20140109_100504.jpg

• Like 6
BattleAthletics

Whoa... that didn't take long. Depending on the TDS from your RO membrane, the DI resin should last for quite a bit of water passing through it.

Yes, those. So it is just hanging and not actually hitting anything like Veng says? Which would mean that the wet side is what is falling, not the dry side?

Pretty much spot on :lol:

I had made a thread about dry side falling off randomly, metro responded. Its really an anomaly. Everything aligned correctly, sticky pad on etc etc

Im having the same problem as kat is having. After my membrane through to the di is about 8ppm, after di is of course 0. Should I add a silica gel absorber reactor of some sort?

BattleAthletics

20140109_100504.jpg

Your allergic to kitty kats?

Your name is metro kat though.

I love cats, but the family is allergic and starts breaking out and starts acting like lepers. Drama queens.

BattleAthletics

What's a silica gel absorber? Where is AZ rat?

I just made it up :slap:. But I do know there are reactors/cannisters that absorb silica.

BattleAthletics

Yeah, level 4 out of 5 allergic. My doc gave me a prescription to "get rid of the cat". Idiot.

:slap: You should of showed him that emoticon kat.

Level 5 is epi-pen.

He doesn't bother me except when I rub my face in his fur for kisses. Which is sort of do a lot.

My doc, hes on here as OrionN gave my father in law a "Can no longer work shift work nights" instructions lol. Thats how him and I make our living.

jedimasterben

Im having the same problem as kat is having. After my membrane through to the di is about 8ppm, after di is of course 0. Should I add a silica gel absorber reactor of some sort?

What is your starting TDS? 8ppm is a lot to be passing through a DI resin.