inTank Media Baskets

EZ's Mantis EcoPico

Ezsharkman

PVC pipes ftl.

Yeah.. i know

I just wanted make sure he had a few places to hide and feel extremely safe when he got here... unfortunately he picked the PCV.... After i saw how big he is i am gonna drill some of the rock and add more space to make sure he has a sweet home... thanks for the insult! :angry:

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those pics of the Whites are amazing!

I love the new little monster you have in there! He looks like something that will crawl out of the tank and hunt you down at night! :ninja:

I love the new little monster you have in there! He looks like something that will crawl out of the tank and hunt you down at night! :ninja:

That brings up a question: Can he swim and jump out? I didn't think you were using a lid.

Hubert Cumberdale is my bffl.

Just take the PVC out, I'm sure he'll dig himself a burrow.

I hope so =)

Thanks... i hope not =)

Yay, Pics!

:haha:

;)

Very cool mantis! Is he a smasher or spearer because I see spears but how did he break a cerith shell?

Also will you be adding more crabs and snails for him to snack on?

He is a smasher... i will be getting some hermits from the LFS or the beach... we have tons here

That brings up a question: Can he swim and jump out? I didn't think you were using a lid.

He can swim but likes the bottom of the tank... i believe that carpet surfing is very rare

I removed the PVC and Thor has started making his own den. He is using the rubble I had put in there for him to play with. Bought him some hermits but no attacks yet.

He's cool I like his name. We named our Grendel. This is a pic of him.

4b254945.jpg

Wow! What a beautiful animal! How long have you had him! Do you have a thread on him?

Awesome man! Nice to see it up and going with everything in it now :).

I tried to take inspiration from your scape when I did mine (still a W.I.P. that I may change) lol.

Thanks all!

Thor likes all the rubble... he closes up his den at night and reopens for business in the morning.

He is using the hermits as rubble... no interest in eating them.... but dwarf ceriths are a different story

thor-1-1.jpg

So far since last Tuesday i have given him a very little piece of raw shrimp 3 times and he has killed all 3 dwarf ceriths. I plan on the shrimp every 2 to 3 days and to keep some snails at all times just in case he wants a snack... plus he killed a pit bull and a cage fighter on Saturday :lol:

Looking great! I think I'm happy with my tail-spot though... I already get freaked out when my emerald crab starts waving his claws at me... I'd be terrified of Thor!

TheUnfocusedOne
hopefully he doesnt break the glass!

That doesn't happen, especially with one of this size.

Mysids are good as well. If you want to feed mostly frozen I'd suggest getting something like selecon to help provide some extra nutrients. Hermit crabs and snails are cheap enough to keep him happy though. Buy a crab every once in a while for some extra fun.

Archived