Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

EZ's Mantis EcoPico

Ezsharkman

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Our animals are like our kids, when one of them goes I cry like a baby every time. Currently we have two dogs, two cats, a bird and a tortiose.

I was strong at the vet.... The baby crying happened when I got home and saw his bed and water fountain.

Thanks my digital reefing friends... I swear sometimes I talk to you guys more than other pople in my day.

I am so sorry for your loss man. First time I had to make that decision on my own it was the hardest thing I have ever done.

I wanted to post this for you, makes me cry every time but it also makes me smile, remember all the good times and how much you loved your kitty.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When a beloved pet dies, it goes to the Rainbow Bridge.

It makes friends with other animals and frolics over rolling hills and peaceful lush meadows of green. They are as healthy and playful as we remember them in days gone by.

Together, the animals chase and play, but the day comes when a pet will suddenly stop and look into the distance...bright eyes intent, eager body quivering. Suddenly recognizing you, your pet bounds quickly across the green fields and into your embrace. you celebrate in joyous reunion. You will never again separate.

Happy tears and kisses are warm and plentiful, your hands caress the face you missed. You look into the loving eyes of your pet and know that you never really parted. You realize though out of sight, your love had been remembered.

You cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I am deeply sorry for your loss.

So, so, sorry, Eric!!!!! I've never had to make that decision. It must be one of the toughest things to do :( We have 2 cats and 2 dogs. The dogs are still young, but the cats are both 15. I dread that day.

a few days ago I added a little rods food to the tank and squeezed some water/ funk from my floss from my other tank to try to boost the bio filter/cycle... i also added some rubble from my other tank

nothing but a waiting game right now. i hate this part of reefing.

still no traces of ammonia or nitrite

Haha you're quite the visual master yourself B)

i have been taking notes from the Spielberg of NR =) :bowdown:

ohalechunk-a.gif

Should just be a mini cycle if at all, right?

yeah... but i have added some extra gunk to make the bio filter a little stonger for my "possable" mantis reef pico :o

So dramatic... Yet you feel the can almost feel his pain and his subtle denial to his time on this planet. I will never die by a brain melt/ball smash ninja move

surgicalsense
So dramatic... Yet you feel the can almost feel his pain and his subtle denial to his time on this planet. I will never die by a brain melt/ball smash ninja move

:lol:

because its full of this :D

129025512205451334.jpg

:lol: ... another one.

... I like the ecopico reef idea. Pretty cool, Eric.

How's the cycle going?

Thats funny you ask... i just finished testing and still nothing across the board. I can see the little pieces of rods food that i put in with a ball of fuzzy bacteria around it and the food is almost gone... and i have been adding some juice from my other tanks floss.

i don't trust the talk of people having a small cycle...even if there really was one i want to see a full fledged cycle and a strong bio filter before even thinking of adding anything. hurry up you stupid bacteria :P

ps i was telling my GF about your tank and said Joel Mchale's tank by accident. she was like the guy from talk soup? LOL

Joel%20McHale%20with%20Lou.jpg

... I like the ecopico reef idea. Pretty cool, Eric.

Thanks SS! i hope i can do it

Hated that, I didn't get any readings until nearly 2 weeks later.

At least I have my other tank to stare at. I can't wait to see some life in it... I do have some copepods on the glass... If this keeps us I'm gonna start nameing them. :lol:

Awesome scape. I just sold my Eco pico, I loved it when I had it though. Can't wait to see some color in there.

Thanks jg pico pot 009 :D

Archived