inTank Media Baskets

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

You know, my tank is 95% SPS but I'm tired of doseing, etc. and refuse to spend any more money on this tank. Maybe selling the SPS and having a softie/LPS/nem tank is the way to go! My last rainbow nem took a trip through the tunze though :/

Yeah, I'm going for less stress, more flowy feel, and exploring a different avenue of the hobby. I've gotta say it's been refreshing to have a fresh start and selling off my SPS has given me a decent budget to restock. Sorry to hear about your chopped up nem. I'd love it if you joined me on my adventure! Though, I've really been enjoying all the Caribbean biotopes that have been popping up lately with photosynthetic gorgs, rics, porites, and macros. If I was to start fresh, perhaps I'd go that way.

• Like 3
Mr. Microscope

Woohoo!
I just got off the phone with Matt from Coral Collection. He's going to help me throw together a nice package of BTA's and maybe a few euphyllia. I'm super stoked!!!

163563561.gif

• Like 8

Yeah, I'm going for less stress, more flowy feel, and exploring a different avenue of the hobby. I've gotta say it's been refreshing to have a fresh start and selling off my SPS has given me a decent budget to restock. Sorry to hear about your chopped up nem. I'd love it if you joined me on my adventure! Though, I've really been enjoying all the Caribbean biotopes that have been popping up lately with photosynthetic gorgs, rics, porites, and macros. If I was to start fresh, perhaps I'd go that way.

Yea I actually set up a 12"cube a few months ago, purely softies, zoas, gorgs, and macro algae. It is hands down my favorite tank now, and very little maintenance. Stocked with a clown goby and 4 sexy shrimp!

• Like 2

Alright thats it. I came home and looked at my SPS tank and made the official decision that I am copying you. I need a more lush/natural environment! There are 50+ frags/mini colonies in there!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Alright thats it. I came home and looked at my SPS tank and made the official decision that I am copying you. I need a more lush/natural environment! There are 50+ frags/mini colonies in there!

Awesome! If you decide to go with Coral Collection, tell Matt I sent you. I'll give him a heads up if you want.

Have fun with the purge! It's kinda heart-wrenching at first, but definitely satisfying and exciting.

• Like 1

Seriously I was losing interest and thought about selling the entire setup and only keeping the nano, but now Im excited!! I actually work part-time for a coral retailer so I will be sourcing all of my stuff from them and cherry picking everything :naughtydance: He gets some amazing BTA's, Euphyllias, and softies in!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Seriously I was losing interest and thought about selling the entire setup and only keeping the nano, but now Im excited!! I actually work part-time for a coral retailer so I will be sourcing all of my stuff from them and cherry picking everything :naughtydance: He gets some amazing BTA's, Euphyllias, and softies in!

Wow! Nice. Looking forward to the change. Where's your tank thread. I'd love to follow your new beginning.

sweet!! we're going to need pics once you get your new shipment..

N'ah...no pics. hee hee

Probably early next week. ;)

Reefmaster1996

As some exit the Sps game others enter, including my self, I can appreciate both styles of tanks from japanese soft coral aquascapes to zeovit Sps craziness, this hobby has something for everyone! Glad people are finding new enthusiasm with their tanks, which should always be fun and exciting, after all that's why we ended up in this hobby. Can't wait to finish my Sps build. And see mr.m's new creation!

• Like 3

As some exit the Sps game others enter, including my self, I can appreciate both styles of tanks from japanese soft coral aquascapes to zeovit Sps craziness, this hobby has something for everyone! Glad people are finding new enthusiasm with their tanks, which should always be fun and exciting, after all that's why we ended up in this hobby. Can't wait to finish my Sps build. And see mr.m's new creation!

even the crazy mangrove fanatics(corals are cool but more accents to this whole thing)-anywho I like where this is going!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Thanks RM! SPS is a fun adventure! It's so satisfying to have a brown frag settle in and turn all sorts of colors. Good luck those fuzzy sticks! I did decide to keep a couple.

even the crazy mangrove fanatics(corals are cool but more accents to this whole thing)-anywho I like where this is going!

Yes, that is another road I plan on traveling one day. Thanks Giga!

Now for another interruption. My original thought was to put in my CC order on Monday with the plans of getting it Tuesday (or possibly Wednesday), however I forgot about the holiday. I'll be traveling from Thursday to Sunday. I'd hate to get my shipment and then leave it a day later. Grrrr!!! I'm getting anxious for some nems here.

I guess I should probably wait until the first week in December.

Roar! Sorry all.

• Like 1
Awesome! If you decide to go with Coral Collection, tell Matt I sent you. I'll give him a heads up if you want.

Have fun with the purge! It's kinda heart-wrenching at first, but definitely satisfying and exciting.

Tell Matt I sent you :P. i have know Matt since becoming a member here. He was online all the time super great guy!
  • Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Tell Matt I sent you :P. i have know Matt since becoming a member here. He was online all the time super great guy!

Cool. Will do.

Awesome! Following!

Hey Scope did Matt get back with you? They are known to take a week to get back with you. Have you checked out LA Reefs yet?

Yeah, I got a hold of him by phone. Turns out he just had a baby! That was why I was getting no responds. As a newish dad myself, I totally understand what he must be going though. It was a great conversation and he's going to help me throw together a nice package.

I checked out LAreefs. Other than the ebay thing, they just have a BTA three pack for $155. It's a pretty good deal, but I like CC's selection much better. I can't wait for December (when I order)!

• Like 1