Pod Your Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron
YYYEEEEEEEEESSS!

yesssss again

Sweet brackets! Chalices eyyyy very nice

yessir, im hopefully getting some soon, for free!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
I hate chalices. They don't grow in my tanks. No clue why. Damn you chalices!

Ya, the guy said its very meticulous to get em to grow. Obviously light, but filtration. They need to b fed. Turn the skimmer off overnight & add Phyto or oyster feast.

chalice?????!!!!

YES! I could offer a frag of Miami stunner as well. Mine grows like a weed!

Hell, I'll grow some out for you guys too. I don't even want a cut of the money, just a piece of it. :lol:

Me too! ;):P

I have never had an issue growing the chalice, I run my skimmer 24/7 and feed fish 1-2 times a week, and like you Tron, Phyto every 3 days and Oyster Feast every 3 days alternating etc. I also have the Chemi Pure in there and GFO. IDK I guess they like my tank, now if only Yumas would feel the same way........ -_-

chalice?????!!!!

Do it! I love mine and I've had good success with it so far. I bought it about 3 months ago as a 2 eye frag and its encrusting very nicely over a chalice dome and has 7 eyes now. I want to get one more piece. I wish I had more room. Hmmmmm. :ninja:

SouthFlorida_Tron

so should i treat it just like a monti or acro? i heard its more like an lps, skeleton with tissue ontop...

so should i treat it just like a monti or acro? i heard its more like an lps, skeleton with tissue ontop...

Treat it like your LPS. Bottom placement, mod flow, mod light. But they are pretty hearty, they will adjust to about anything, except maybe super high flow and intense light.

Treat it like your LPS. Bottom placement, mod flow, mod light. But they are pretty hearty, they will adjust to about anything, except maybe super high flow and intense light.

Mine is right under the main Current between 2 powerheads. I swear it has never looked happier in the high turbulent flow. Just put it where you want it and watch if it looks okay.

Watch out for the sweepers, mine comes out at night and they are seriously 3-4" long. Pretty impressive.

IWannaGoFast

Not sure if you mentioned this but what are your camera settings for photos? Your pictures are so vibrant!

SouthFlorida_Tron
Not sure if you mentioned this but what are your camera settings for photos? Your pictures are so vibrant!

I use av mode, aperture priority... Usually a 5.6, or 2.8 on

Macro handheld... ISO 800-1600 on handhelds for faster shutter speeds. LEDs are finicky to slr's

Also a touch of post processing with color balance, sharpening, & crop

Huh, good to know!

Pearlberry for chalice good trade? What size of my PB frag??

I don't know how much PB's go for but if it's for that chalice that's $200 an eye, I would be generous. I think something in the 2" range that's already branching would be a solid trade.

SouthFlorida_Tron
I don't know how much PB's go for but if it's for that chalice that's $200 an eye, I would be generous. I think something in the 2" range that's already branching would be a solid trade.

Exactly what I was, I figured the entire pearlberry colony I have. It's nice size, worthy. I still have the original plug with 5-6 3/4" stems branching up from the plug.

Watch out for the sweepers, mine comes out at night and they are seriously 3-4" long. Pretty impressive.

+1

SouthFlorida_Tron
everything is looking spectacular sir!

Thx Cruz, trying to add a chalice to this thang!

If you wanted to test a dummy chalice first I could frag the Hollywood Stunner for you.

BTW your corals sucked my Alk up! LMAO I had to start doing this week! :P

SouthFlorida_Tron
If you wanted to test a dummy chalice first I could frag the Hollywood Stunner for you.

BTW your corals sucked my Alk up! LMAO I had to start doing this week! :P

thats the problem i was having with an overstock of sps! im still pretty heavy atm lol.

i wouldnt mind, if you dont mind the drive!

Not at all, I could meet you this upcoming weekend Saturday around 3 or Sunday any time.

Let me know what works for you. ;)

Ya, the guy said its very meticulous to get em to grow. Obviously light, but filtration. They need to b fed. Turn the skimmer off overnight & add Phyto or oyster feast.

Well, I definitely don't feed it. A chalice, and a Blasto are the only two things that have actually died in my tank.I haven't seen the tentacles extending ever. And I stay up pretty late... Ill throw some food at it and see what happens.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Not at all, I could meet you this upcoming weekend Saturday around 3 or Sunday any time.

Let me know what works for you. ;)

I'll pm u later this week when I see m schedule.

Well, I definitely don't feed it. A chalice, and a Blasto are the only two things that have actually died in my tank.I haven't seen the tentacles extending ever. And I stay up pretty late... Ill throw some food at it and see what happens.

They died???!!

IDK mine is growing like a weed. It should be fine with your feeding schedule Tron. And Mine doesn't mind high turbulent flow.

SouthFlorida_Tron
IDK mine is growing like a weed. It should be fine with your feeding schedule Tron. And Mine doesn't mind high turbulent flow.

Do chalices encrust or grow their own skeleton like Monti caps?

Daaammmnnn, u looking fine Tron!

:D

Keep it up :P

Thx spenc! I will!

Do chalices encrust or grow their own skeleton like Monti caps?

Mine is growing it's own skeleton. Their LPS from what I read and it doesn't need to be on rock to grow, it plates out on it's own.

Archived