Innovative Marine Aquariums

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

So now that the new mounts are up, I jacked up the juice.... New light timers.

05/20/20 @ 12pm 30min ramp

35/45/45 @ 1pm 60min ramp

70/75/75 @ 3pm 30min ramp

100/100/100 @ 530pm 30min ramp

70/75/75 @ 630pm 30min ramp

35/45/45 @ 8pm 60min ramp

05/20/20 @ 11pm 30min ramp

00/01/00 @ 12am 15min ramp (my lunar phase)

00/00/00 @ 3am

Thunderstorms @ 25% chance per day, 1 per day

Main changes r the 3pm & 530pm timers.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral
So now that the new mounts are up, I jacked up the juice.... New light timers.

05/20/20 @ 12pm 30min ramp

35/45/45 @ 1pm 60min ramp

70/75/75 @ 3pm 30min ramp

100/100/100 @ 530pm 30min ramp

70/75/75 @ 630pm 30min ramp

35/45/45 @ 8pm 60min ramp

05/20/20 @ 11pm 30min ramp

00/01/00 @ 12am 15min ramp (my lunar phase)

00/00/00 @ 3am

Thunderstorms @ 25% chance per day, 1 per day

Main changes r the 3pm & 530pm timers.

WOW, that is jacked up there! Let me know how your corals like the new light!

SouthFlorida_Tron
WOW, that is jacked up there! Let me know how your corals like the new light!

All acros & clams are opening as normal. The difference is in the zoas that stretch more and the anemone is no longer reaching towards center, it now sits off towards the glass since the coverage is so wide :)

Tron, I thought I had read somewhere in your thread you were thinking about getting rid of the Sol blue and getting the radion or did I just mis-read something? I am still bumping up the intensity on my sol blue the max I am hitting right now is 50% with it 9-10 inches over the water on my 24 gallon. Your tank looks great!

Robert

SouthFlorida_Tron
Tron, I thought I had read somewhere in your thread you were thinking about getting rid of the Sol blue and getting the radion or did I just mis-read something? I am still bumping up the intensity on my sol blue the max I am hitting right now is 50% with it 9-10 inches over the water on my 24 gallon. Your tank looks great!

Robert

Hey Robert, thanks, I was looking into it but I saw side by side apogee par meter comparisons of radion vs sol and the numbers don't lie. Radion puts out intense numbers near surface but falls tremendously after 5-6"... The faulty design also cut it, the LFS radion burnt out after two months from the fan taking in too much salt...

Hey Robert, thanks, I was looking into it but I saw side by side apogee par meter comparisons of radion vs sol and the numbers don't lie. Radion puts out intense numbers near surface but falls tremendously after 5-6"... The faulty design also cut it, the LFS radion burnt out after two months from the fan taking in too much salt...

Never knew about that fan issue, I always wondered about that since that suck from the bottom up and they sit so close to the water.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Never knew about that fan issue, I always wondered about that since that suck from the bottom up and they sit so close to the water.

Sad but true, I'm sure the light works for most users, but it's most effective closer to the water & my lfs had no luck with it.

Glad I stayed put tho!

Nice!

:ninja:

Things are looking good! I am loving the new brackets! How did you end up being sponsored by picoaquariums. What does that mean anyway?

Well beau, thank you. Funny you ask. After I set up the custom ordered rimless, he and I were both so blown away, and he caught on to the attention the "appearance" of the reef was getting that Chris wanted to see my tank as a flagship so to speak, an exemplary work that he can b known for.....

So from the magnet cleaner, to brackets, custom work, my reef can show off what he can provide or the market.

Sex sells my dude, sex sells! Lol

lol, i said slight. I mainly crop, resize, add some borders to make it look nice, tag it, and slightly change the vibrance to add a bit of awe ;)

a fresh look at the room where i have the tank, so every1 sees how the custom tank fits and why..... lol

and a great look at the new mounts and how much higher they are!!!

6985100355_6469cab1d9_z.jpg

Fisheye Condo by J.L Photography, on Flickr

anyone see something new!?!?

6838979364_59ca7f3579_z.jpg

New Mounts &...... by J.L Photography, on Flickr

<3 C.D.

love it......

SouthFlorida_Tron
love it......

So u got hair algae if I read? Or was that someone else...

You got PM

Sry replied!

Looking good. Brackets are cooler than the last ones.

Birds nest coral: that has not grown out for me at all. I keep moving it trying to find the sweet spot. It's colored up quite a bit at the top, but it's not growing... Also, I think I paid like $20 for a 4" frag. However, good luck trying to find some now. That's probably why it's expensive?

I'm trying to turn my SOL up past 70 but it's so shallow that nothing is happy. It's like blasting straight 400PAR directly.

Birds nest coral: that has not grown out for me at all. I keep moving it trying to find the sweet spot. It's colored up quite a bit at the top, but it's not growing... Also, I think I paid like $20 for a 4" frag. However, good luck trying to find some now. That's probably why it's expensive?

I'm trying to turn my SOL up past 70 but it's so shallow that nothing is happy. It's like blasting straight 400PAR directly.

Stop moving it! Let it sit, if it's coloring up it's doing something good. :P

I have the same Ikea bookshelves laying down lengthwise with 1 on top of the other and those same baskets like you have. Too bad I can't put my tank in the living room.

I have to look back in your thread for the mount details. I wish to possible steal your design. i was working on something similar here:

O27Ey.jpg

how do you get your colors to pop in your pics???? :huh:

btw looks amazing

Torn hope u don't mind...

Here's an example of a very basic iPhone app that adds so much to a photo:

Regular shot

a8e36eb4.jpg

'enhanced'

66f4b0a5.jpg

The second pic is pretty much what it actually looked like in the woods, but the regular camera didn't produce the clarity needed to see it on screen. So IMO it's not cheating if it really looks like that. ;)

Just a note from my draft drawing above the stem that mounts to the wall is a hollow cylinder.

This allows the wires (black and grey arrow) to run down its center.

I am not sure if it is worth it to integrate the hinges to flip them up and out of the way for tank maintenance.

I probably should ditch that in favor of making something height adjustable.

I really like your brackets too, Thought?

SouthFlorida_Tron

I can't stop growing it, it's weird, goes to show how every tank is different. I have three growing, one dead center in sand, one colonizing off center middle area, then one completely in the back top corner with lower light lol.

It's rare because LFS' hold them in personal tank cuz they grow fast for most.

I have the same Ikea bookshelves laying down lengthwise with 1 on top of the other and those same baskets like you have. Too bad I can't put my tank in the living room.

I have to look back in your thread for the mount details. I wish to possible steal your design. i was working on something similar here:

O27Ey.jpg

Just a note from my draft drawing above the stem that mounts to the wall is a hollow cylinder.

This allows the wires (black and grey arrow) to run down its center.

I am not sure if it is worth it to integrate the hinges to flip them up and out of the way for tank maintenance.

I probably should ditch that in favor of making something height adjustable.

I really like your brackets too, Thought?

I used l brackets at first since it was ez and cheap. But found my light was way to low, so Chris at pico made these custom ones so I didn't have to move the giant new York picture above my tank, that's the reason behind it.... Lol

Torn hope u don't mind...

Here's an example of a very basic iPhone app that adds so much to a photo:

The second pic is pretty much what it actually looked like in the woods, but the regular camera didn't produce the clarity needed to see it on screen. So IMO it's not cheating if it really looks like that. ;)

I don't use an iPhone for shooting corals but I wonder how that app would handle all the blue from the light.

Twan:

6836213866_8cce821135_z.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

These were taken and adjusted with that app. This is under 8w/50b

C2183CE4-04FA-49C1-BD45-12C5FD7C4C51.jpg

365678B9-3278-4A2A-AB31-998E6D09CE76.jpg

Of course this is an insult to your awesome camera.... I just think it looks cool and it's all I've got.

SouthFlorida_Tron
These were taken and adjusted with that app. This is under 8w/50b

C2183CE4-04FA-49C1-BD45-12C5FD7C4C51.jpg

365678B9-3278-4A2A-AB31-998E6D09CE76.jpg

Of course this is an insult to your awesome camera.... I just think it looks cool and it's all I've got.

For sure it's cool as hell if it's all u have, what's it called?

Pro HDR. Let's you take any photo and edit. I have photoshop, but I haven't used it yet on the newly purchased iMac (which is why I don't have a cool camera ;). This app is so simple it makes me feel kinda dumb, but the photos come out pretty good so whatever.

Archived