Cultivated Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

Little does anyone know.....

Coming soon.... Radion? ATI 4x24w? Ugh decisions....

Surely you must be joking? :huh::lol:

Go for the Radion obviously. :D

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
Surely you must be joking? :huh::lol:

Go for the Radion obviously. :D

Lol, it crossed my mind to look into the controlled sunlower or w.e it's called... But too big And heavy for me....

Looking for better spectrum coverage. LFS finally got a radion and had me drooling. Gonna wait on specs from the vega and go from there.

Smart move waiting on the vega, I'm pretty excited to see what will be available in 5 years when I'm ready to replace my lights. I went fairly economical on my current LEDs but hopefully I'll have the extra cash to go top of the line. B)

SouthFlorida_Tron

If I do end up going radion it will be because AI went with a big dud and did nothing to stick with the competition and add to the spectrum. And ergo will also upgrade my mp10 to "W"

SouthFlorida_Tron
NOOO dont leave the Ai family!!!

Lol, not yet. Giving vega a shot. But if they fail on more color options.... I'm out!

Yeah man. I'm with you! My tank is looking good with the SOL, but I miss halide and the color it brings. I've seen the Radion in the LFS. Im going to be criticized here...I think it makes the corals and all look fake and unnatural. It has a ton of power, but they are adding a larger spectrum to compete with MH and still keep the functionality of LEDs. I just don't think it looks natural. That said, the growth of what they have in there took off once they moved it from their MH frag tanks to the one with the Radion. Idk. This is the same predicament that I was in a year ago.... I still think the MH/T5 combo fixtures look the best. And now they are coming out with dimmable T5 fixtures! Have to see that one. Whatever I do with a light it won't be until next year unless I find a good deal.

Good luck in your search. I'm sure you will keep us updated.

Lol, not yet. Giving vega a shot. But if they fail on more color options.... I'm out!

I was told by AI that the Vega is basically an SOL for a different application. Only difference is that it has more spread (new lenses) and uses 1 different white led per puck. I have heard that AI is coming out with various color mods for the SOL, but no clue when, or what the price will be.

6793823199_cde3388ac6_z.jpg

Untitled by SFL_Tron, on Flickr

It looks like you won't be paying for shipping on that order!

Can't wait to see it you yer tank!!!

Smart move waiting on the vega, I'm pretty excited to see what will be available in 5 years when I'm ready to replace my lights. I went fairly economical on my current LEDs but hopefully I'll have the extra cash to go top of the line. B)

I'm sure by then Radions will be going for 39.95 at Walmart.

SouthFlorida_Tron
NICE

not ordered... still waiting to see what AI will offer... but tempted!

I love it! I am coming by soon I promise! Less then 2 weeks now!

Your tank looks amazing with all that SPS in there.

may have some more cool stuff for you, we'll see how much cash you bring :)

Looking good ! Are you really considering switching out the sol ? Your colors always looked good to me.

Lookin to stay with AI if the vega delivers more spectrum

those pictures look amazing

not as amazing as you in heels :)

SouthFlorida_Tron
I like the fish.

as in the fish thats not in the pictards?

Those SPS are looking good and I didn't realize you had 2x mp10s.

just one, but if i (Radion'd)... id upgrade it to the wireless :)

How much should I bring.......

I can arrange to have a bit more...... ;)

well, ill have a nice 1.5" or 2" frag of the valida tricolor.... and im cutting on the purple plasma :)

Archived