Cultivated Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron
how you like that skimmer you have?

Top notch... Once it broke in, foams up a storm. Tricky to dial in but I got its sweet spot.

Very nice build you have here! From the photos, it appears you have a good maintenance plan in place. Looks like you are having good success with the LEDs. Keep up the great work.

Thanks! Definently enjoying the LEDs but there is a color gap missing. Will see how reds turn out in the near future.

Had a bc14 prior, tried to put Max effort into this custom design, laying off so far!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
Looks great as always. I forgot, what is your acclimation method for new additions?

Usual float for temp, then cycle about 5-10 ml of water for 45 min, every 10 min.

No buckets or hoses, simple. Most recent were the Midas and maxima, oh, & monti lol

Ok. I've been drip acclimating in a bucket and I feel like it's stressing them out. Idk if it's the temp swing or what, but your way seems to yield great results. I'm getting some frags today so I'll let u know how it goes.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Ok. I've been drip acclimating in a bucket and I feel like it's stressing them out. Idk if it's the temp swing or what, but your way seems to yield great results. I'm getting some frags today so I'll let u know how it goes.

Ya dude id float the bags, wait 20 minutes, then start cycling 5ml or so every 10 minutes for 45 minutes!

Well, no sps today. Couple ricordia, but I'll still try that method. Couldn't get as many corals as I planned cause I got something sic from liveaquria.com!!

Ya dude id float the bags, wait 20 minutes, then start cycling 5ml or so every 10 minutes for 45 minutes!

What I am doing when I get my Yashas.

I am pretty sure mine is tank raised.... he is WAY shy still, but is eating for me.

IDK ORA seems like your paying for their name.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Well, no sps today. Couple ricordia, but I'll still try that method. Couldn't get as many corals as I planned cause I got something sic from liveaquria.com!!

Please do show!!!

What I am doing when I get my Yashas.

I am pretty sure mine is tank raised.... he is WAY shy still, but is eating for me.

IDK ORA seems like your paying for their name.

Scam

SouthFlorida_Tron
awesome. i think thats what im gonna go with.

Cool! Enjoy, I also grabbed the InTank cup, much nicer looking, and more efficient skim entry.

Keep it 1/2" elevated from the actual line. So from one to water... 1/2" (approx)

Cool! Enjoy, I also grabbed the InTank cup, much nicer looking, and more efficient skim entry.

Keep it 1/2" elevated from the actual line. So from one to water... 1/2" (approx)

cool cool what the minimum water it has to be in? im having a 24x22x10 aio built right now

SouthFlorida_Tron
cool cool what the minimum water it has to be in? im having a 24x22x10 aio built right now

Well it's like 5" long and 2" or so wide, not much, but check the length... It fits perfect in the 6"L x 5"W x 14"H chamber

Depends - Some monti caps will kill each other candy. Im not sure about milli's...would be interesting to see a morph like acans though

Depends - Some monti caps will kill each other candy. Im not sure about milli's...would be interesting to see a morph like acans though

Yeah, I have only seen the plating ones mixed like that, and usually the red/green.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Hey what are you running your lights at now? Peak intensity?

Page 1. But........

100/85/85 from 530-630pm

Edit:

•White/Blue/Royal Blue

05/20/20 @ 12pm 30min ramp

30/40/40 @ 1pm 90min ramp

60/60/60 @ 4pm 30min ramp

100/85/85 @ 530pm 30min ramp

60/60/60 @ 630pm 30min ramp

30/40/40 @ 8pm 90min ramp

05/20/20 @ 11pm 30min ramp

00/01/00 @ 12am 15min ramp (my lunar phase)

00/00/00 @ 3am

Thunderstorms @ 25% chance per day, 1 per day

Tragedy has struck with a death in my tank as well... Black clown some how jumped into the chamber with the pump probably when i put the new acrylic top on last night. Left for work at 130am and the pump wasnt on, unpluged it, got home from work took the pump out and he was stuck to the inlet :(

damn fish

SouthFlorida_Tron
Tragedy has struck with a death in my tank as well... Black clown some how jumped into the chamber with the pump probably when i put the new acrylic top on last night. Left for work at 130am and the pump wasnt on, unpluged it, got home from work took the pump out and he was stuck to the inlet :(

damn fish

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

SouthFlorida_Tron
saw the photos on page 46 and WOW

just incredible

this is in my top 5 favorite threads on nano reef of all time

Pshhh, thanks but ya, maybe top 5 as far as entertainment goes, definently a top 25 thread overall, there a ton better lol

Yes, I'm blushing.

T-ron. What lens are you using. Pictures are sick.

Yo! Canon 100mm f2.8 macro

:ninja:

Thx

SouthFlorida_Tron

So if y'all remember in th BioCube, I had chaeto as my filtration, then when I broke in my tunze for this tank, I killed it.

I got my hands on some more and and giving it a shot.

So far, looks nice and even, and the tank seems to have less debris and bubbles floating around, which is nice!

So if y'all remember in th BioCube, I had chaeto as my filtration, then when I broke in my tunze for this tank, I killed it.

I got my hands on some more and and giving it a shot.

So far, looks nice and even, and the tank seems to have less debris and bubbles floating around, which is nice!

Man can't wait to get the media basket and fuge in. You def recommend cheato in there right?

And it's been 2 weeks with the sol. Increase peak by 5%?

Archived