Innovative Marine Aquariums

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

That Strawberry shortcake and setosa are very nice sir. I've seen their shortcake in person, its very nice. I like your zoa island BTW.

Thanks Danielle and JD!!!

All those corals are mounted now. The blue turaki is still almost all white and I still havent seen any polyps evan at night. Everything else looks like its doing well so far. If these big boy SPS do well, I'll definately be getting some more.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about the chiller piping holes? #5 area in the pic below?

130d_filtration_big.jpg

Sorry I missed your response Kat. What mean is how does the water get from the sump to the tank since I assume the pumps in #9 are removed and you have two open holes in there.

Are you talking about the chiller piping holes? #5 area in the pic below?

130d_filtration_big.jpg

Sorry I missed your response Kat. What mean is how does the water get from the sump to the tank since I assume the pumps in #9 are removed and you have two open holes in there.

Good question. I do not believe the pumps are removed. The overflow takes filtered water as it normally does to the sump and returns it via a J tube as seen by the black tube thingee in the overflow pic i posted.

The returned water falls into the same chambers as if there was no sump, via opening #5. FRom there the pumps blow the water back into the tank. The sump is the add on, it does not remove any of the existing setup (except the skimmer if you so choose).

I hope that answered the Q? If not I'll try again.

Thanks as always , Miss Kat! Just seems wierd that the return gets pumped into the back chamber and then has to pumped out by the RSM pumps to the main tank.

None of this is critical, since I won't be installing a sump anytime real soon, at least as long as my tank stays cool. BTW, that fan I have is keeping the tank at least 2 -3 degrees cooler. This is good so far as we have had quite a few days over 90 outside and the house stays at about 80. Tank stays about 78 during the day, so far!

What is your next set of plans for your tank??? Sump, chiller, 300gal upgrade?

Thanks as always , Miss Kat! Just seems wierd that the return gets pumped into the back chamber and then has to pumped out by the RSM pumps to the main tank.

None of this is critical, since I won't be installing a sump anytime real soon, at least as long as my tank stays cool. BTW, that fan I have is keeping the tank at least 2 -3 degrees cooler. This is good so far as we have had quite a few days over 90 outside and the house stays at about 80. Tank stays about 78 during the day, so far!

What is your next set of plans for your tank??? Sump, chiller, 300gal upgrade?

The plan is to move the tank 10ft away to another wall (after the electrician installs outlets), then a 10g sump. I was thinking of adding a micro chiller in the sump, with a reactor and a skimmer. Im not too clear on how the sump setup works like an ATO but the idea is to put the micro chiller either in the ATO reservoir or create an area in the sump just big enough for the chiller with baffles.

Plan on using the back chambers for more macro, the non display kind like my ball of chaeto And Stevie Ts basket or making my own basket (since the skimmer will be out of the way).

The reactor will have carbon.

If the temperature in the sump stays cooler, I might add cool water critters like a catalia goby. Still undecided. I still like the idea of another large area for pods for the mandarin, so perhaps it will be a macro fuge after all.

For the skimmer, planning on a micro skimmer in the fuge, like CPR.

Kat, that sounds like a great plan. I think with a sump, you won't need a chiller. Be sure to take lots of pics!!!

Oy! I'm trying to follow along on the sump discussion but it makes me feel like this: :wacko:

Someday I'll understand all this stuff! :lol:

Oy! I'm trying to follow along on the sump discussion but it makes me feel like this: :wacko:

Someday I'll understand all this stuff! :lol:

Sumps are easy, its just confusing in my mind, lol.

Ha, I don't know anything, I just read threads and email vendors and come up with what I think might be practical. I really hope that before making a mistake someone that knows about this stuff will look over my plans and give the okay. AHA! That will have to be Kgoldy!

I hear ya! Since I don't really have anybody that's a reefer within 200 miles of me, and the only real advice I can get is online. So a DIY sump on an AIO is intimidating. That's why I might go with one from Lifereef or some other pre fab guy.

You're luck to have Mr. Goldy!!

Kat, do you know who else makes the whole sump shebang?

Aqueon, eshoppes, life reef, CPR. Those are the companies I know.

Whole shebang means from overflows to sumps right? CPR has their overflow on foster and smith, (that is theone witht the air bubble nipple that needs an aqualifter pump for fool proof operation) check that out. The Aqueon PRoflex is the sump of my dreams. Sigh.

The CPR overflow would work fine for you since you don't have a hood anymore, for me I have to go with life reef. They're both about the same price too.

I saw a guy put his mp10 on the backwall of his RSM. He put it in the electrical box space, which is what I'm gonna do when (someday) I get me a sump.

That seems like a good spot for it, I might want to do that with my big a$$ koralia right now, that thing is an eye sore.

Cool, but you gotta take all the cords and the box outts there.

Right now all I have plugged in there is the two pumps and the skimmer.

a little update on me tank.

Out of the blue my eagle eye zoas melted over a day and a half, wierd cause everything else is OK.

I placed an order from Morgan the Reef Goddess, at the Reef Gardener. Got a bunch of rics, some rare blue teal zoas, a Tyree sunset monti and a purple valida sps. To be delivered this Saturday. OORAH!

I told her that we talk about her sometimes on here that we all agreed that she was a hottie!

She sent me a pic of her and she is more of a hottie that we thought, lol. She posted a pic of herself in the picture section. Be sure to check it out!!!

If you are interested in her stuff, contact her. She always seems to have a secrete stash.

surgicalsense

Out of the blue my eagle eye zoas melted over a day and a half, wierd cause everything else is OK.

I placed an order from Morgan the Reef Goddess, at the Reef Gardener. Got a bunch of rics, some rare blue teal zoas, a Tyree sunset monti and a purple valida sps. To be delivered this Saturday. OORAH!

I told her that we talk about her sometimes on here that we all agreed that she was a hottie!

She sent me a pic of her and she is more of a hottie that we thought, lol. She posted a pic of herself in the picture section. Be sure to check it out!!!

If you are interested in her stuff, contact her. She always seems to have a secrete stash.

:lol: ... oorah!!

:lol: ... oorah!!

I guess I'll have the change my direct deposit to the Reef Gardener.

Did you check out her pic??

I guess I'll have the change my direct deposit to the Reef Gardener.

Did you check out her pic??

Oh...add me to your account, please :lol:

I saw her picture!!!! I already knew she was gorgeous. I love her hair, especially with that pink streak. I would totally do the blonde bombshell hair if it didn't require constant maintenance.

Reef Goddess

Thanks all, you are adorable! :D

My secret stash is for my favorite customers only. :P I'm going to post a bunch of ebay auctions and give you all first stab at a WYSIWYG ricordea pack I am putting together.

Spiro is trying to compete with you Gena, he got some pretty sweet corals, better watch out.

I want to see some pics of the new corals as soon as they come in!!! Today I finally ordered the stupid transformer for the moonlights on my tank. I was tired of having a pitch black tank at night. :lol:

Thanks all, you are adorable! :D

My secret stash is for my favorite customers only. :P I'm going to post a bunch of ebay auctions and give you all first stab at a WYSIWYG ricordea pack I am putting together.

Spiro is trying to compete with you Gena, he got some pretty sweet corals, better watch out.

Thanks for visiting!!! Since I live in very Deep South Texas, I have to order all my corals on line. It's so nice to have a friendly, reliable place to order quality corals from.

Happy Thursday, Marc :D

Why thank you Dan, Danny, Danilel, Danyello, I mean Danielle.

BTW, It's Mark. hahaha. :)

Archived