ReefCleaners.org

Rio Grande Twins

Spirofucci

Nice! Tank is looking awesome man!

Thanks for the article too! Awesome, after the car gets washed I will be reading it, but first my Rav4 needs some TLC. Check fluids, check tires, etc, fun day in the sun! :P

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice! Tank is looking awesome man!

Thanks for the article too! Awesome, after the car gets washed I will be reading it, but first my Rav4 needs some TLC. Check fluids, check tires, etc, fun day in the sun! :P

Thanks!!! I don't think its awesome yet, but I do enjoy it!

I'm stuck at work all day and part of the night. It's beautiful here, about 92 and sunny. A beer and a shot outside on the back porch would be perfect right now.

Thanks!!! I don't think its awesome yet, but I do enjoy it!

I'm stuck at work all day and part of the night. It's beautiful here, about 92 and sunny. A beer and a shot outside on the back porch would be perfect right now.

LOL yeah I was cleaning most of the day!

I think it's awesome and I can see the impending awesomeness of the tank! Makes it AWESOME! :D

Even if your camera isn't that great, your corals are looking awesome. I can just imagine how much better the colors are in person. And man are you getting some great polyp extension. I'm glad to see everything is doing well :)

Thanks Criley, Gena and Felicia! The new sps are looking good so far except my new royal blue turaki has not opened up any polyps yet. :(

Should I be worried???

It's funny what can get a new reefer like me excited. I noticed my first little spot of corraline algae yesterday, lol.

Turakis like to PE at night however if you feed during the day they will learn when food comes around

Turakis like to PE at night however if you feed during the day they will learn when food comes around

Funny, that's how my wife trained me.

Seriously, thanks Brad! So far no PE at night either. I'll just try and be patient and keep ya'll posted.

I hope to God that the last thing that goes on me is my PE!

Since you have deecent flow, I agree go with the sump thing. RKL? Go with the Apex.

I wanna know every detail on the sump thing you are doing, that's my next planned investment. I'm looking at a diy 40 b or just going for the life reef sump made for the RSM 250.

I'm not sure Apex is better than RKL for my very simple reef keeping needs. I hear everyone saying go for the Apex, citing only advanced features that I would not be using right now, if ever. I'm open to ideas but in this case I've been looking for a reasoning I can't deny.

All I want to do is control temperature, lights, have the thing warn me for PH, ATO and that is it.

I know bigger is better but I'm going with a sump I can fit inside the cabinet which means 20in wide. Planning on getting a standard glass tank that fits and installing baffles myself. As for the overflow, I'm still stuck on at the same place as my earlier post on your thread. Between the lifereef or the CPR with the nipple and air pump.

I'm not sure Apex is better than RKL for my very simple reef keeping needs. I hear everyone saying go for the Apex, citing only advanced features that I would not be using right now, if ever. I'm open to ideas but in this case I've been looking for a reasoning I can't deny.

All I want to do is control temperature, lights, have the thing warn me for PH, ATO and that is it.

I know bigger is better but I'm going with a sump I can fit inside the cabinet which means 20in wide. Planning on getting a standard glass tank that fits and installing baffles myself. As for the overflow, I'm still stuck on at the same place as my earlier post on your thread. Between the lifereef or the CPR with the nipple and air pump.

I hear ya. I haven't done any research, but I have no idea how those overflows are gonna fit, let alone work, on the back of the RSM and be worry free. I also have no idea how to plumb or build a sump.

:lol:

Thanks! not too many folks appreciated my humor. :)

I hear ya. I haven't done any research, but I have no idea how those overflows are gonna fit, let alone work, on the back of the RSM and be worry free. I also have no idea how to plumb or build a sump.

Lifereef offers a modified hood part for $25. Not that you have to worry about that since you went topless.

Lifereef offers a modified hood part for $25. Not that you have to worry about that since you went topless.

Yes, but what about that 2 1/2" plastic strip on the back?? The water has to go up and over that??? yes/no??

Thanks! not too many folks appreciated my humor. :)

I very much appreciate your humorous comments. They always make me laugh :)

Yes, but what about that 2 1/2" plastic strip on the back?? The water has to go up and over that??? yes/no??

oh. hmm.

It goes over that. Lifereef sent me a picture of the overflow installed, I can email it to you if you want to PM me your email addy.

NM, I downloaded it

viewer.png

I hope to God that the last thing that goes on me is my PE!

:P

Men!

I should have pics up in the next 2 weeks of my SUMP being Baffled and then the plumbing from the CPR CS90 Overflow Box to the SUMP and then the return as well.

I will change the status when that is done. 2-3 weeks I swear! :lol:

oh. hmm.

It goes over that. Lifereef sent me a picture of the overflow installed, I can email it to you if you want to PM me your email addy.

NM, I downloaded it

viewer.png

Hey thanks for the download!!! If I do this I'll probably just cut off that back plastic strip off anyway. Ok, another dumbass question: How does the return work" Does it go through one of the holes?? And do you need to plug up the other hole??

:P

Men!

I should have pics up in the next 2 weeks of my SUMP being Baffled and then the plumbing from the CPR CS90 Overflow Box to the SUMP and then the return as well.

I will change the status when that is done. 2-3 weeks I swear! :lol:

Thanks!!!! As you can see the overflow and the return are hard for me to get my head around for the RSM among most other aspects of building a sump. I'm really looking forward to your sump build!!!

I very much appreciate your humorous comments. They always make me laugh :)

:)

Hey thanks for the download!!! If I do this I'll probably just cut off that back plastic strip off anyway. Ok, another dumbass question: How does the return work" Does it go through one of the holes?? And do you need to plug up the other hole??

Are you talking about the chiller piping holes? #5 area in the pic below?

130d_filtration_big.jpg

What the heck happened in there???? Now its closed????

Joel says someone reported a post on the thread and mods shut it down.

He is trying to have them re-open it. You can PM Joel.

IMG_0604.jpg

That Strawberry shortcake and setosa are very nice sir. I've seen their shortcake in person, its very nice. I like your zoa island BTW.

Archived