Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yoshii's 55g Makeover » Second Time's the Charm!

yoshii

Hahaha, you have a sump right? If so, then it doesnt matter too much. Just melt a piece of acrylic to hang it on at a desired depth and super glue the water level sensor to it. Not too difficult, especially since I was able to do it lol. I have the link if you would like it.

Nice text me, I think I still have your numero de telefono lol.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
Lol oops forgot about that xD Not used to having sumps on my own tanks

I'm just worried about overflowing the display :/ Maybe I should just make the return chamber smaller..but then evap will be more annoying...

In the very rare event that your overflow does stop, it is highly unlikely you will be there in the 30 seconds it will take to fill up the tank and overflow.

Make the return chamber smaller and get an ato. You should probably get the ATO anyway since you won't be there a week at a time.

Hahaha, you have a sump right? If so, then it doesnt matter too much. Just melt a piece of acrylic to hang it on at a desired depth and super glue the water level sensor to it. Not too difficult, especially since I was able to do it lol. I have the link if you would like it.

Nice text me, I think I still have your numero de telefono lol.

Sorry, I was talking about a DIY ATO

In the very rare event that your overflow does stop, it is highly unlikely you will be there in the 30 seconds it will take to fill up the tank and overflow.

Make the return chamber smaller and get an ato. You should probably get the ATO anyway since you won't be there a week at a time.

Exactly! I wanted room in the display for extra water, I'd rather have a pump running dry instead of a flooded room

I was hoping to be able to not have to use an ATO :/ I'll see how my sump turns out

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, this week has been pretty busy, but now that's it's Thanksgiving break I can work on the sump and such :)

Can't wait for Black Friday. Gonna celebrate with some of Rebecca Black's new songs? I am. :)

I'm gonna buy my friend a birthday present because it's in December and they said they would get me a pineapple for my birthday soon following!! :D

Can't wait for Black Friday. Gonna celebrate with some of Rebecca Black's new songs? I am. :)

I'm gonna buy my friend a birthday present because it's in December and they said they would get me a pineapple for my birthday soon following!! :D

Haha no thanks!

Lol, but won't you already have pineapples?

Anyways, as far as tank updates,

the tank has some algae :/

my overflow is fun

my dad is paranoid about flooding. So I haven't decided what size baffles and how big the return pump chamber should be

Oh and my dad is like overly excited about getting corals so he got some Nuclear Greens and a combo zoa rock today

pics, or your zoas turn to mush.

also, i keep my waterlevel like way above the black trim, almost touching the overhanging lip. not a big deal.

pics, or your zoas turn to mush.

also, i keep my waterlevel like way above the black trim, almost touching the overhanging lip. not a big deal.

lights are out, I'll try to get some tomorrow

Well in my tank there is a center brace which is below the rim/lip, so when I fill the water up higher (which had too) the water touches the braces (pretty annoying)

The pics of the clownfish are old, so the water isn't cloudy like this anymore

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

Female

DSC00314.jpg

One of the corals I got was this cool little mushroom (here under actinics)

DSC00323.jpg

But it still looks equally bright under regular light

kinda seem stupid for asking but what kind of clowns are those?

Nah, a lot of people ask

I've seen them under two names, "Mocha Clowns" (supposed to to be a b&w x regular ocellaris) or an SA "Fancy Ocellaris" (supposed to be a regular occy just bred with tons more black)

But I just call them Mochas :)

Nah, a lot of people ask

I've seen them under two names, "Mocha Clowns" (supposed to to be a b&w x regular ocellaris) or an SA "Fancy Ocellaris" (supposed to be a regular occy just bred with tons more black)

But I just call them Mochas :)

really?

those looks nothing like my mochas.

i bought them under "mocha clownfish" at a LFS i trust.

were yours like this when you go them too?

27e8f2ad-2.jpg

really?

those looks nothing like my mochas.

i bought them under "mocha clownfish" at a LFS i trust.

were yours like this when you go them too?

27e8f2ad-2.jpg

Yeah both "Mochas" and "SA Fancys" look they same when they are young, they just look a funny darker orange color, they take a long time to develop more black, in fact my male is still getting blacker (I think this is why they are not very popular)

I did a bunch of research on this stuff because it was driving me nuts not knowing what my clowns were. Mine are exactly the same at Yoshii's and the president of Sustainable Aquatics told me personally that my clowns are SA Fancy Ocellaris. Since Yoshii's looks just like mine, I would guess her's are as well. Apparently the SA Fancy Ocellaris have no Black Ocellaris in their lineage, according to Matt Carberry, president of SA. We had a short convo on RC about this stuff a while back. Mocha clowns are usually either brown or 75%+ black.

Mocha

Tank-Raised-Mocha-Ocellaris-Clown.png

IMG_9628.jpg

SA Fancy

20t3vwm.jpg

2wqz5o9.jpg

Yeah both "Mochas" and "SA Fancys" look they same when they are young, they just look a funny darker orange color, they take a long time to develop more black, in fact my male is still getting blacker (I think this is why they are not very popular)

cool,yeah i was looking at mochas online and they don't seem to look like mines,but i guess all the pictures were adults so it makes sense now.

at first i thought they could be those caramel ones that ORA has and might have gotten mixed up in the tanks.

I did a bunch of research on this stuff because it was driving me nuts not knowing what my clowns were. Mine are exactly the same at Yoshii's and the president of Sustainable Aquatics told me personally that my clowns are SA Fancy Ocellaris. Since Yoshii's looks just like mine, I would guess her's are as well. Apparently the SA Fancy Ocellaris have no Black Ocellaris in their lineage, according to Matt Carberry, president of SA. We had a short convo on RC about this stuff a while back. Mocha clowns are usually either brown or 75%+ black.

Mocha

Tank-Raised-Mocha-Ocellaris-Clown.png

IMG_9628.jpg

SA Fancy

20t3vwm.jpg

2wqz5o9.jpg

i cant tell which ones mines are.

they're still really tiny,hopefully more color starts to appear soon so i can get a positive ID.

Cool! Another bay area reefer :)

So as far as the tank goes, it's going through a bit of a yucky algea stage...

and btw I'm planning something so the overflow/aqua lifter won't stick out so much :)

FTS-11_20_2011.jpg

But there's a ton of little Cladonema jellies on the front glass, cool to watch, I love it when they appear in my tanks :)

DSC00605.jpg

Thanks :) I'll probably set up my quarantine tank this week (next fish = firefish) and glue the baffles for the sump oh and I need to put the screen top together

I'm hoping the jellies will be there long enough so I can see some larger adults!

Archived