Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yoshii's 55g Makeover » Second Time's the Charm!

yoshii

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm ok.

It's always cool to have reefing friends

Anyways, I know there's been delays recently but the sump should be made by this week! :D

I also need to set up my quarantine

Two of my reefing friends got me a Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish for Christmas! :wub:

Didn't even know pygmy ones existed! Those get like 2" according to Google... That's awesome! I assume they're rare because I've never seen them in nearly four years of weekly LFS visits. Awesome gift!

Didn't even know pygmy ones existed! Those get like 2" according to Google... That's awesome! I assume they're rare because I've never seen them in nearly four years of weekly LFS visits. Awesome gift!

Well they're not actually hawkfish, but are related to Anthias

They are kinda uncommon, I've only seen them a few times

I demand more photos.

.....:)

:ninja:

Patience, I'll take one of the Pygmy later

what did you did while i didn't come back for updates?

Um not much I think?

Got a new geometric hawk, getting glass cut for the sump

And also, I'm getting a Blue Jaw Tilefish!! omgomgomg My LFS called me and one supplier said they had one :D

Crossing my fingers it's not suffering from decompression issues! fingerscrossed

I got the hawk on Sat. I have some phone pics, ill see if I can upload them in a sec.

The Tilefish is still acclimating in the bag at the LFS, but seems to be swimming level :)

Oooh my LFS got in a bunch of little red scooter blennies too! Hmm a scooter and the hawkfish wouldn't fight, would they?

well they are both pretty small, your tank is kinda big...also don't the hawks like to stay on rocks?

the scooters will probably hang out on the sandbed more.

They might. :unsure:

Eventually they're find each other and check each other out. Dunno what'll come out of that!

well they are both pretty small, your tank is kinda big...also don't the hawks like to stay on rocks?

the scooters will probably hang out on the sandbed more.

Yeah I wasn't completely sure. But yeah they're small fish and no body really bothers dragonettes, so I think they'll be fine.

Just have to train a dragonette or see which ones are eating frozen :)

So I ended up getting a pair of the Red Scooters, super cute!

I think I like them so much cause they remind me of tidepool sculpins :)

Oh, my Tilefish eats frozen mysis :)

He's missing some scales but I think he'll be fine.

Just random, I noticed he swims just like my Harptail Blenny I used to have in my 10g, always out in the open and the forked ends of his tail swishing opposite directions

My LFS got in such an awesome Lyretail Hawkfish, I wanted it Dx Too bad they get so big :(

Archived