SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 55g Makeover » Second Time's the Charm!

yoshii

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow really? They usually go for around $50 each

But with pairs I've seen they commonly come with a shrimp, which I don't want

The majority I've seen have been over $50. Once you save up enough monies, you could always just buy two young ones and attempt pairing them yourself, and if that doesn't work, take one back to the LFS or chuck it in another one of your tanks.

Or give it to me. :ninja:

The majority I've seen have been over $50. Once you save up enough monies, you could always just buy two young ones and attempt pairing them yourself, and if that doesn't work, take one back to the LFS or chuck it in another one of your tanks.

Or give it to me. :ninja:

Haha :P Well right now I'll plan on gettting one, but if I see a pair (and its not too expensive) then I'll get the pair

Well they haven't gotten past day 41 or something yet. Not only is it my favorite fish, but it also shows the advancement of captive bred fish programs for our hobby! :D

Anyways, here's the "new and improved" sump, with the stand/platform thing for the skimmer.

It's basically a box with two opposing sides removed. But that's just an idea, I still need to go to the acrylic store and see what they have

55gSumpPlatform2.jpg

altolamprologus

Wow I missed a lot. A summary of my reactions:

:happy: yay the sump design is coming along

<_< ehhh sump problems...

:D yay, sump problems resolved

omgomgomg fish list!!!! (get them all....)

<_< ehhh damsels....

:o Woohoo captive bred bannerfish

:mellow: more sump stuff

yep....

Looking good! I really like the look of the rock on the right side of the tank.

For the skimmer platform, did you ever consider household plastic objects of some sort? For instance, go to walmart and look at the small plastic storage containers maybe. You could always paint whatever you get with krylon fusion. Just a thought, it might be easier than building something.

Wow I missed a lot. A summary of my reactions:

:happy: yay the sump design is coming along

<_< ehhh sump problems...

:D yay, sump problems resolved

omgomgomg fish list!!!! (get them all....)

<_< ehhh damsels....

:o Woohoo captive bred bannerfish

:mellow: more sump stuff

yep....

I'll try to at least kinda set-up the quarantine tank this week, but I'll be pretty busy the next few days

Looking good! I really like the look of the rock on the right side of the tank.

For the skimmer platform, did you ever consider household plastic objects of some sort? For instance, go to walmart and look at the small plastic storage containers maybe. You could always paint whatever you get with krylon fusion. Just a thought, it might be easier than building something.

Thanks!

Yes, but (not shown in the model) there's a giant pump with the skimmer and the skimmer has some tubes with it, so the platform needs to cover almost all of that chamber to support everything. However, I want to be able to clean it/around it and not restrict the flow to create a potential detritus buildup area.

But I'll see if I have anything around the house I could use :)

Okay, LAST adjustment to the sump :P (ok I may move around the legs, i.e. how close they are to the edge)

55gSumpPlatformFINAL.jpg

Oh, and here's the redone screen (just the frame here)

DSC00631.jpg

Why not?

dosn't work for me. do a lot of bubbles come out the overflow? what skimmer are you using? have you tested it to see what bubbles it makes?

i'll make a vid. i'll show you my bubbles.

The incoming water will go through a filter sock anyway

It should work for you...water has to flow downward under the middle baffle (bubbles won't sink obv) then back up and continues through the fuge, in which any remaining bubbles should rise to the surface and pop

The skimmer doesn't make too many microbubbles

Well even if you're not using a filter sock, most bubbles (like ones from the skimmer) should not be able to get through the bubble trap.

Wouldn't you want the bubble trap next to the return pump? The water in the return area will drop when the pump is running causing the water to flow over the last baffle to a lower water level making bubbles.

Wouldn't you want the bubble trap next to the return pump? The water in the return area will drop when the pump is running causing the water to flow over the last baffle to a lower water level making bubbles.

If I have the bubble trap next to the return pump, it won't make a difference from how it is now, the baffle height will be the same.

Yo, what did you use to make the drawing of it? It looks to professional... :o

I need to make some 3D diagrams for my greenhouse. That program would probably be helpful. Isn't it like Google Markup or something? IDK I forget what it's called and can't find it in a search.

Archived