Coral Vue Hydros

Yoshii's 55g Makeover » Second Time's the Charm!

yoshii

I'll be messing with the rocks more, the right and left, but here's a better of the rocks so far (clear water)

NewScape_notdone.jpg

You should come to my house with that new camera of yours...you know, to hang out and talk about nerdy fish stuff and get awesome pics that I would never be able to take by myself.

That would be awesome :D But there's no way my dad would let me take the new camera anywhere :( But I think maybe he'll care less about the camcorder now so I'll ask if I can bring that :)

Kazooie and Squared, I don't want to break the rocks unless I really can't make it work

Oh, I also picked up some GFCI outlets yesterday :)

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be messing with the rocks more, the right and left, but here's a better of the rocks so far (clear water)

NewScape_notdone.jpg

Now that the water is cleared, the blob rock on the right looks okeh.

"I like it like it."

- Rihanna

EDIT: Teehee, I see some sort of pastry or meat on the table near the tank. Nomnomnom.

Thanks :) I think I'm going to mess with it a little more maybe tomorrow

But today I picked up a new 29g and I poured in 60lbs of LS. I might pick up another 20lbs this weekend, but I'll see how it looks once it settles

altolamprologus
Thanks :) I think I'm going to mess with it a little more maybe tomorrow

But today I picked up a new 29g and I poured in 60lbs of LS. I might pick up another 20lbs this weekend, but I'll see how it looks once it settles

If you have any extra rock LMK...

Oh yeah! I never gave you that one rock! I have a lot of extra rock, but it's mainly my old ugly stuff

So see any rock in the display you like? I think the random one in the middle was the one you were looking at?

altolamprologus
Oh yeah! I never gave you that one rock! I have a lot of extra rock, but it's mainly my old ugly stuff

So see any rock in the display you like? I think the random one in the middle was the one you were looking at?

I don't remember, but I'll take any piece of decent looking rock that you don't want. And if you dont want your old ugly rock I can use it for my school tank.

I don't remember, but I'll take any piece of decent looking rock that you don't want. And if you dont want your old ugly rock I can use it for my school tank.

K, what kind of rock? Like tall/columnar? short? wide?

Ok, I was thinking of just taking it to the store, but that works too :)

altolamprologus
K, what kind of rock? Like tall/columnar? short? wide?

Ok, I was thinking of just taking it to the store, but that works too :)

Umm...idk maybe medium height, long and skinny. lol is that too specific?

altolamprologus
long but tall? but skinny? wahat

Lol nevermind. See the rock that's on the bottom right of the left island? I think that's the one I wanted...

altolamprologus
That one is actually two, there's a rock behind the "glowing" one in this pic

Glow55rock.jpg

The right side of the left island.....

nice glowing effect btw...

altolamprologus
Lol fail xD

That one looks just like the one that's in the middle, just bigger, you want it?

Haha airbrush, then eraser

If you can take it out without screwing up your aquascape then yeah I'll take it. It matches my other rocks perfectly.

Cool, I'll try to get it :)

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

Tank with sump

DSC00209.jpg

Yeah looks like I got two different size grains, but that's ok, I think the coarser grain will look good in a thin layer on the top :)

altolamprologus
Cool, I'll try to get it :)

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

Tank with sump

DSC00209.jpg

Yeah looks like I got two different size grains, but that's ok, I think the coarser grain will look good in a thin layer on the top :)

Looks like you filled your tank with the same milk as my 20 gal :lol:

How deep is the sump sandbed?

lol yeah. But it's only been a few hours and it's clearing up nicely!

Well actually I'm thinking about ditching the RDSB idea..then I'll have more space for macros :D

Oh, random, but I'll probably order the overflow, pump, netting, etc for the sump and stuff tomorrow or this weekend :)

It looks nice. :)

Except the thing on the right. The only way I could see it being somewhat nice would to have a colony of large Hawaiian featherdusters and coco worms all over it. But then you'd have to dose phyto all the time. :l

Got these today

DSC00222.jpg

Light arrangement

DSC00215.jpg

Unfortunately it's a little too blue for my tastes, so I'm going to pick up an UVL Actinic White or Aquasun tomorrow and see how that looks

Oh and I threw in two SPS frags, see how those do

I'm going to test the water tomorrow, if it's good, I might bring home my fishies

It looks nice. :)

Except the thing on the right. The only way I could see it being somewhat nice would to have a colony of large Hawaiian featherdusters and coco worms all over it. But then you'd have to dose phyto all the time. :l

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW NO!

Nems. Lots of nems. :)

DSC00222.jpg

Light arrangement

DSC00215.jpg

Ooooh shiny :o

Well Kazooie, I did pick up some live phyto today ;)

I'll probably have a feather duster in this tank eventually

Nems. Lots of nems. :)

I really want a Purple or Pink LTA, or a RBTA or a Green Speckled BTA :P

altolamprologus
Well Kazooie, I did pick up some live phyto today ;)

I'll probably have a feather duster in this tank eventually

I really want a Purple or Pink LTA, or a RBTA or a Green Speckled BTA :P

Acid Rain BTA FTW

Archived