Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yoshii's 55g Makeover » Second Time's the Charm!

yoshii

altolamprologus

Yay for stuff! Now hurry up and put them on the tank :)

BTW whoever packaged the overflow doesn't know which side is up. Either that, or the photographer doesn't know :P

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pics of the clownfish are old, so the water isn't cloudy like this anymore

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

Female

DSC00314.jpg

One of the corals I got was this cool little mushroom (here under actinics)

DSC00323.jpg

But it still looks equally bright under regular light

OMG! Your clowns look EXACTY like mine! I hope mine are that pretty when they mature... I think mine stopped growing after 1"... :(

OMG! Your clowns look EXACTY like mine! I hope mine are that pretty when they mature... I think mine stopped growing after 1"... :(

I thought they had stopped growing months ago, but the male has gotten bigger, the female maybe a little bit

Yours should keep growing :)

Haha. Mine haven't grown much in the past year. Maybe 1/3". The black has stopped developing. The cray thing is that both my and your female and male have the exact same coloration!

Where did you get yours from? I think I asked before but I forgot the answer. I'm wondering if they are related, haha.

Haha. Mine haven't grown much in the past year. Maybe 1/3". The black has stopped developing. The cray thing is that both my and your female and male have the exact same coloration!

Where did you get yours from? I think I asked before but I forgot the answer. I'm wondering if they are related, haha.

haha really? that's cool!

A friend gave them to me, I can ask where he got them from next time I see him

Wow, that's a pretty shroom! :wub:

I think I'm going to try to create a little colorful mushroom rock island

Are you serious CPR!?! Look at this overflow. What the heck! The water has to be like super high for even just a little bit of water to go in! You can see in the second pic how high my water level is already (the black at the top of the pic is the trim) Ugh! This can't work for me.

DSC00558.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

Christina not happy :angry:

No I keep it slightly below, not even 1/2"

Plus I want to keep it lower so in case something clogs the overflow or something and the return pump keeps pumping there will be room in the display for a few extra gallons

Oh. I bet you could probably use a router and lower the slits on the overflow a little. I'm not familiar with how the CPR's are built though, so take that with a dash of salt. :lol:

altolamprologus
No I keep it slightly below, not even 1/2"

Plus I want to keep it lower so in case something clogs the overflow or something and the return pump keeps pumping there will be room in the display for a few extra gallons

I've always kept my water line at the trim and I think pretty much everyone does, which is why they made it like that. IMO just fill it up to the line and keep the overflow clean.

What about evap? And if the overflow stops, then the return pump is going to keep pumping the remaining water into the display, and since it's filled up so high, it will overflow.

Lol oops forgot about that xD Not used to having sumps on my own tanks

I'm just worried about overflowing the display :/ Maybe I should just make the return chamber smaller..but then evap will be more annoying...

Is this your fist sump?

It seems like a pretty rare thing, especially if you do your regular maintenance. If your worried about evap in a smaller return chamber though, you could always get a ATO system, like the JBJ, or cheaper alternatives. :)

For one of my own tanks, yes. I'm probably just paranoid. But this tank is apartment so I just really don't want it to overflow :scarry:

I considered an ATO, but I'm going without for now, if it becomes a problem I may have to get one later

Do a cheap DIY one, it worked for me on my 20L. I am going to DIY one for my new 20H. They work fairly well, mine never ever effed up on me.

You still working at that LFS? I might be in the market for a CUC in a couple of weeks B).

Archived