inTank Media Baskets

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

Thanks Randi! I love all the DIY stuff. Its fun!

I just finished getting the new fixture suspended above the frag tank. Like I said, the setup is basically the same as that for the display tank. Here are some photos. Ignore the fact that the frag tank is a dirty mess. Its getting a water change and cleaning tomorrow plus I'm going to organize the frags better. Everythings kind of just tossed in there right now.

Full setup

IMG_1081_zps094b4e6f.jpg

Top down view of the drivers and potentiometers in their boxes.

IMG_1084_zps9aa74aca.jpg

Another view of the equipment behind the tank.

IMG_1087_zps92336d85.jpg

Oh and in other news regarding the frag tank, the stupid heater keeps overshooting and heating the tank up to 82F. Its just a cheap one so I ordered a 50W Aqueon Pro heater today that should be here in about a week. That's the same kind I have in the display tank and I really like it.

Tomorrow both tanks are going to get cleaned, plus I'm going to rearrange the frag tank a bit and move around the coral in the 30 gallon and place some new frags. At some point I also need to frag for a swap coming up next weekend. So much to do!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the new fixture! I so need to give DIY LED's a try! Feel free to send me any frags that are taking up too much space. ;)

Thank you! :) No worries! I understand being busy and I go into lurker mode every so often when I'm busy. If you have time, I'd love to see recent photos of your tank. I love the aquastyle kits, they're great for the price. I can't remember, did you use any of the pink LEDs? They definitely give the light a different look than just the whites and blues.

Yep - i wont photo bomb your thread though ill pm them to ya - I have pink LED's in my sump which seems to do good.. I'm getting ready to place another order for some more circuit boards and led's. As I now have the sunrise/set controller :)

I love the new fixture! I so need to give DIY LED's a try! Feel free to send me any frags that are taking up too much space. ;)

The DIY LED fixtures are great and I'd highly recommend trying one if you want LEDs. Luckily the frag tank isnt quite that full yet, but its getting there quickly! I need a 250 gallon tank. If only I had space :lol:

Yep - i wont photo bomb your thread though ill pm them to ya - I have pink LED's in my sump which seems to do good.. I'm getting ready to place another order for some more circuit boards and led's. As I now have the sunrise/set controller :)

Thanks! I'll go check them out now! Ray must love you with all the stuff you keep buying. How do you like the sunset/sunrise controller? I like how the LEDs look coming on and going off in sequence but I just don't have the money for that right now. Also, that seems like it could get a lot more complicated in terms of the level of DIY work.

Nice DIY. You seem to be the queen of that. Love it.

Thanks Randi. I don't know about the queen of it since there's plenty of stuff I don't know how to do, but I enjoy it. I'm running out of things to tinker with on even the new tank now though. Uh oh...

Wow :blink:

That Mad Scientist at work again! Looks great

:lol: Thanks Mark! I feel like I should change my username to the The Mad Scientist :D

Ha time to start another one so you can tinker some more! Or get dosing pumps! :lol:

I'm thinking about deleting the one we have and just living through Joel's no one posts to our anymore so IDK. Let me know what you think girlies, I can switch everyone to Joel's page and still have all the peeps in one place.

Ha time to start another one so you can tinker some more! Or get dosing pumps! :lol:

I'm thinking about deleting the one we have and just living through Joel's no one posts to our anymore so IDK. Let me know what you think girlies, I can switch everyone to Joel's page and still have all the peeps in one place.

No more tanks! 2 is my absolute limit. I'll just have to start upgrading things as I get money to keep myself occupied.

And I'm fine with whatever. Just check with Joel that its ok first. I'd hate to take over his group.

Yeah I am just going to ignore that page and use his from now on. People will get the idea.

FB is gay. Please tell Joel to be a man and start a thread here. :D

^ I do agree but I use it for family and pictures, if I didn't have FB you guys would not get those pics I like to dump on your faces. ;)

I use facebook mostly to share my photos from diving. That and to post my reef tank photos so that my uninterested friends have to see pictures of my gorgeous tank show up on their news feeds :D

Thanks! I'll go check them out now! Ray must love you with all the stuff you keep buying. How do you like the sunset/sunrise controller? I like how the LEDs look coming on and going off in sequence but I just don't have the money for that right now. Also, that seems like it could get a lot more complicated in terms of the level of DIY work.

I LOVE the rise/set controller - the first versions are good very simple as far as controlling. He tipped me off that the next one will allow to turn on to a % instead of 0-100%.. ie you can set from 0-80% and leave it full at 80% - this to give some better color control on the tank. My corals really do a great job with the rise/set controller as well. My fish.. well the gob is pretty indifferent as to when he wants to come/go. However the clown snoozes and he used to get shocked a litle bit when the light turned on.

I LOVE the rise/set controller - the first versions are good very simple as far as controlling. He tipped me off that the next one will allow to turn on to a % instead of 0-100%.. ie you can set from 0-80% and leave it full at 80% - this to give some better color control on the tank. My corals really do a great job with the rise/set controller as well. My fish.. well the gob is pretty indifferent as to when he wants to come/go. However the clown snoozes and he used to get shocked a litle bit when the light turned on.

I just answered your pm and you just answered one of the questions I asked in the pm. I wasn't sure what you meant by controlling the %, but now it makes sense. That's really cool. I try to minimize the shock a bit by having my blue channel come on first and then my white channel come on 30 min later. At some point down the road when I'm itching to work on something, maybe I'll upgrade to one of the controllers. Definitely let me know how you like the newest version.

Joel posted in Mark's thread!

Joel's posted in everyone's thread all ninja like over the last couple days except mine :(

Joel's posted in everyone's thread all ninja like over the last couple days except mine :(

I don't think he posted in mine this time either!

Those DIY acrylic boxes are awesome!!!!

Am I going crazy or do you have a new sig???? I LOVE it :)

Happy Easter :flower:

I don't think he posted in mine this time either!

Those DIY acrylic boxes are awesome!!!!

Am I going crazy or do you have a new sig???? I LOVE it :)

Happy Easter :flower:

Joel left us out :( Oh well, Randi Mark and I are going to force him to come back to N-R with this new tank he has in the works.

And thanks, Gena! I'm glad those boxes turned out well. It was honestly a pretty quick and easy little project since I had the store cut all the pieces of acrylic for me.

Yep, I made a new sig last night. I figured it was time to change it up and feature some other stuff from my tank. Those 3 photos were from the most recent set of macros I took. Glad to hear you like it :) My midas blenny seriously needs a name btw. I'm horrible at naming my fish.

Happy Easter to you too! Does your son get an easter basket and did you guys dye eggs or is he too old for that? Not that you can really be too old for candy shaped like bunnies and dying eggs :) My friends who are all in their mid to late 20's had an egg dying party last year and an easter egg hunt. We looked like a bunch of little kids running around :lol:

Joel left us out :( Oh well, Randi Mark and I are going to force him to come back to N-R with this new tank he has in the works.

And thanks, Gena! I'm glad those boxes turned out well. It was honestly a pretty quick and easy little project since I had the store cut all the pieces of acrylic for me.

Yep, I made a new sig last night. I figured it was time to change it up and feature some other stuff from my tank. Those 3 photos were from the most recent set of macros I took. Glad to hear you like it :) My midas blenny seriously needs a name btw. I'm horrible at naming my fish.

Happy Easter to you too! Does your son get an easter basket and did you guys dye eggs or is he too old for that? Not that you can really be too old for candy shaped like bunnies and dying eggs :) My friends who are all in their mid to late 20's had an egg dying party last year and an easter egg hunt. We looked like a bunch of little kids running around :lol:

I thought it was a new sig!!! I'm terrible at naming fish too. I usually go with the first thing that pops into my head when I see a fish. Yesterday I spent all day outside pulling weeds, etc. I'm so tired and sore...my brain isn't functioning today :lol: I'll try later! Tell Randi to have her husband look at him and name him. He's great at it ;)

He gets an Easter basket every year. He's not a big fan of candy at all but he does like dark chocolate. I'll post a picture of his basket in my thread :) Sounds like you guys had fun!!!! I boiled eggs yesterday and we'll color them today :happy:

I thought it was a new sig!!! I'm terrible at naming fish too. I usually go with the first thing that pops into my head when I see a fish. Yesterday I spent all day outside pulling weeds, etc. I'm so tired and sore...my brain isn't functioning today :lol: I'll try later! Tell Randi to have her husband look at him and name him. He's great at it ;)

He gets an Easter basket every year. He's not a big fan of candy at all but he does like dark chocolate. I'll post a picture of his basket in my thread :) Sounds like you guys had fun!!!! I boiled eggs yesterday and we'll color them today :happy:

Yeah I'm awful at naming fish. I can come up with something but then it doesn't necessarily stick. The only fish/critters I refer to by name are my clowns Johnny and June. Everything else is just the midas blenny or the coral beauty, etc. I've got 6 fish without names, not to mention some of my other critters. I definitely need to get Randi's husbands help :lol:

Glad to hear he still gets an Easter basket! I'm not a huge fan of chocolate but dark chocolate is definitely the best. He has good taste. I'll go check out your thread. Have fun with egg dyeing!

where did you get that acrylic from cut? I am in desperate need to get my new fixture covered up and out of site. :)

There's a local store here called TAP Plastics that sells sheets of acrylic in all different thicknesses and colors. They'll cut the acrylic to whatever size and shape you want. I just showed them a drawing of the boxes with dimensions and 10 minutes later I had a stack of acrylic pieces. It seems like a store that is pretty in demand, so I wonder if you have something similar in your area.

Yeah I'm awful at naming fish. I can come up with something but then it doesn't necessarily stick. The only fish/critters I refer to by name are my clowns Johnny and June. Everything else is just the midas blenny or the coral beauty, etc. I've got 6 fish without names, not to mention some of my other critters. I definitely need to get Randi's husbands help :lol:

Glad to hear he still gets an Easter basket! I'm not a huge fan of chocolate but dark chocolate is definitely the best. He has good taste. I'll go check out your thread. Have fun with egg dyeing!

I'm thinking of renaming my clowns Joe and Marilyn :lol: I've really been waiting for them distinguish themselves. Finally one seems to be getting bigger than the other. I have Walter and Sylvia, my neons. I need a better name for the Pink Streaked Wrasse. He was just pinkie pie but I never call him that. I did name my mithrax crabs Jade and Ruby. I think that's it.

Pictures are up on my thread :)

I'm thinking of renaming my clowns Joe and Marilyn :lol: I've really been waiting for them distinguish themselves. Finally one seems to be getting bigger than the other. I have Walter and Sylvia, my neons. I need a better name for the Pink Streaked Wrasse. He was just pinkie pie but I never call him that. I did name my mithrax crabs Jade and Ruby. I think that's it.

Pictures are up on my thread :)

Joe and Marilyn would be adorable! Luckily mine were easy to distinguish from the beginning because one is a regular orange one and one is black and white. When I named the black and white one Johnny (because he's the man in black), they were juveniles and the same size. Luckily it worked out that Johnny is actually the male since he's way small than the orange clown (June). I also like the names for the neons. They always look like such a cute couple when you post photos of them. :)

Pictures! That decorated candy bar was adorable!

Well I just spent an hour and a half rearranging the 30 gallon and doing some thorough scrubbing. I still need to do water changes on both tanks which is what I'm going to do in a few minutes. I don't think I'm going to get to fragging today so I'll probably have to work on that tomorrow or Tuesday. Man, I'm spending so much time today with my arms in the tank. I'm turning into a raisin! :lol:

Archived