Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raisin fingers + superglue. Very sexy :lol:

Well I just spent like 4 hours on the tanks and they are soooooooo clean. It was one of those times where I decided to take apart both powerheads and the filter for scrubbing, rinsed down both screen tops with fresh water, and all the other super thorough things I don't do every water change. Its amazing how much better both tanks look. Its also amazing how much prettier the new light makes the frag tank look. I really prefer the look of LEDs to T5's.

After some strategic rearranging in the 30 gallon, I managed to find space for all my new zoas and palys and 4 of the new SPS frags. I didn't think I could manage to make that much space! I'm happy I found them all a good spot! :happydance: Everything is super PO'ed right now, but I'll get photos for you guys either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Thanks, Mark! I'm going to do pictures of my frag tank including the amazing frags from you sometime tonight or tomorrow evening. I'm hoping to have have time tonight :)

Ok, so photos didn't happen last night because I ended up going out for sushi and sake with friends and then hung out with the guy I'm dating. My only plans for tonight are to go to my kickboxing class from 7-8, so I'll take photos after I get home before the lights turn out at 10. The tanks are so pretty and clean right now that I definitely need to get photos for you guys! Plus, I want to show you guys how I rearranged the 30 gallon a bit!

In other news, I'm going to a frag swap this weekend, so that should be fun. This one is structured very differently from the other 3 I've been to. The other ones I've been to you have to bring a minimum of 3 frags to participate. They place all the frags on tables by type in the "picking area". Everyone draws a group number and then the groups get to go into the picking area one at a time for 2 minutes to pick one coral. It goes through all the groups and then repeats until all the coral is gone. Its really fun and fast paced but you don't get a lot of time to look at all the corals, so you don't always get exactly what you want. The swap I'm going to this weekend is just a bunch of local reefers who are bringing their frags to either work out trades or sell.

Most people are bringing small tanks to display their frags, so I'm going to take the little 3 gallon JBJ Picotope that was going to be for dwarf seahorses. I'm glad it will have a use now. I've written up a list of what I plan to frag and it looks like I'll be taking 30 frags or more with me. I've got a lot of interest in my zoas, so I'm looking forward to making some money and some good trades. I'm sure I won't get rid of everything at the swap, so everything I bring back will be up for sale. I'll list things on N-R, through the loca club, and through Craigslist. I'm looking forward to putting the frag tank to good use and selling some frags :)

Sounds fun! Can't wait to hear all about the $$$ you made this weekend :)

The LFS in my town just relocated to a new building with a ton more square footage. I stopped in there today (to sell some dry rock for store credit) and he mentioned he may be hosting some reef club/frag swaps in the near future. This made me so happy to hear. I may start getting involved in a local reef club :happydance:

Sounds fun! Can't wait to hear all about the $$$ you made this weekend :)

The LFS in my town just relocated to a new building with a ton more square footage. I stopped in there today (to sell some dry rock for store credit) and he mentioned he may be hosting some reef club/frag swaps in the near future. This made me so happy to hear. I may start getting involved in a local reef club :happydance:

That's awesome! You should definitely get involved with a local club and go to swaps. Its a lot of fun!

I'm going through photos right now :ninja:

Finally time for some new photos! First off, the frag tank!

FTS

IMG_1203Edit_zps1085ac40.jpg

IMG_1206Edit_zps2baa17b6.jpg

SPS Frags on the highest rack + the azure damsel

IMG_1129Edit_zps59e8d2a8.jpg

More SPS Frags (including the ones from Mark!) and the photogenic azure damsel

IMG_1166Edit_zpse3577a9a.jpg

First frag I've made of the ATL Purple Efflo. Its going to the swap this weekend and already has a buyer lined up.

IMG_1131Edit_zps17a6424e.jpg

ORA Grubes Gorgonian

IMG_1135Edit_zps845db724.jpg

Some zoa frags - Left are Radioactive Dragon Eyes and right are Sunny D's

IMG_1116Edit_zps6c3d239d.jpg

Purple Dottyback

IMG_1126Edit_zps6c228fea.jpg

Coral Banded Shrimp

IMG_1156Edit_zpsc28f530f.jpg

Attack! He is so creepy.

IMG_1160Edit_zpsb39abe0c.jpg

Halloween Hermit hanging out with the green fuzzy mushrooms

IMG_1171Edit_zpsf3c2f0c7.jpg

Now its time for the display tank. First off is a new FTS. You can see the rearranging I did to make some more space. I removed some of the fuzzy mushrooms from the left-most rock and moved the duncan from the top of the arch to that rock. I also moved the candy cane from its spot near the chalice to the back left rock by the gold cloves and the frogspawn. I also rearranged the mushrooms on the left most rock and added in some of the new zoa frags. The Sunny D's from Mark, Blue Orgasms, Rastas, 5 Color Rainbows, Strawberry Wines, and Blondies are now on that rock. I also managed to free up some space in the SPS area my removing one of the pink birdsnests (it went in the frag tank). The new teal acro went in the duncans old spot. I also found a spot for the Cali Tort and Red Planet frags plus the Ironman Litho. I still have 1 or 2 more spots for some SPS frags from the frag tank or maybe some things I get at the swap this weekend.

IMG_1236Edit_zps1824ba86.jpg

The SPS section

IMG_1245Edit_zps8b75f848.jpg

The front left rock. The duncan is still adjusting to its new spot and isn't opening all the way yet. Also the silly cleaner shrimp walked all over it and closed it up more right before I took photos.

IMG_1259Edit_zpsee65d622.jpg

The duncan looks odd partly closed up. I don't know how I'm ever going to frag this thing since its just one bit ball of heads.

IMG_1273Edit_zpse50ebc86.jpg

The new location of the candy cane.

IMG_1261Edit_zpse5072f57.jpg

Ironman Litho

IMG_1240Edit_zps16aebe7d.jpg

Red Monti Cap

IMG_1276Edit_zpsb486a70b.jpg

Gena D's from Mark

IMG_1418Edit_zps48123689.jpg

Mind Blowing Palys

IMG_1401Edit_zps724cd977.jpg

Ring of Fires. These are my absolute favorite to photograph. :wub:

IMG_1312Edit_zpsb836a534.jpg

Eagle Eyes

IMG_1297Edit_zps20b3e30a.jpg

Devils Armor

IMG_1299Edit_zpsbcc2fb33.jpg

Nuclear Greens

IMG_1284Edit_zps70e0e782.jpg

ATL Purple Efflo

IMG_1328Edit_zpsa753e36d.jpg

New teal deepwater acro. It needs a name. I'm thinking maybe Lily's Eyes Deepwater Acro. Its pretty and blue like Lily's eyes :D

IMG_1317Edit_zps0fbadef8.jpg

Golden Goose Acro

IMG_1332Edit_zps1efe0aad.jpg

Bali Green Slimer

IMG_1335Edit_zpsfd9bd5cb.jpg

IMG_1346Edit_zps75e429b3.jpg

And my favorite photo from tonight...the ATL Alien Eye Firefly Chalice!

IMG_1420Edit_zpsee086684.jpg

And now for the Lily fans :D

IMG_1441-1_zps814851ce.jpg

IMG_1451_zpsa0bdb6e1.jpg

IMG_1453_zps3981d411.jpg

Her new bling collar.

IMG_1443_zps20df57fb.jpg

So I was trying to watch March Madness on my laptop on Sunday and Lily was not a fan of me paying attention to basketball instead of her.

"Seriously, Felicia, this is more interesting than me?"

IMG_1088_zps0826a11e.jpg

"Hmmm, this is actually kind of interesting. I think I'll watch some basketball."

IMG_1095-1_zpsaad8f677.jpg

:lol:

Wow, so much awesome. Your frag tank is better then my display tank and your display tank is more then I could ever wish for haha. The LED fixture looks like it's doing a great job, I might need to pull the trigger on making one of my own.

This has been so entertaining! I loved all of you pictures. Your FTS really shows how your tank really comes together perfectly. The cherry on top of all this goodness of course is Lily! What a beauty. I would just love to squeeze her tight! :lol:

You guys are all too nice! :blush:

Wow, so much awesome. Your frag tank is better then my display tank and your display tank is more then I could ever wish for haha. The LED fixture looks like it's doing a great job, I might need to pull the trigger on making one of my own.

Thanks so much! I just looked at your thread and you tank is coming along great! Your tank will definitely look as good as mine once it has time to grow in and mature. Honestly, time makes all the difference. If you go back and look at the history of my tank on the first page, you'll see that a year ago it didn't look anywhere near as good as it does now.

And yes, I love my LED fixtures. I'd highly recommend them :)

This has been so entertaining! I loved all of you pictures. Your FTS really shows how your tank really comes together perfectly. The cherry on top of all this goodness of course is Lily! What a beauty. I would just love to squeeze her tight! :lol:

Glad you enjoyed my photo overload! :) Thanks for the compliments. I'll have to tell Lily she's getting compliments from her N-R fans. She was being so cute last night. She loves when I take photos of her, so she was patiently waiting next to the tank while I took photos. When I was done she just sat there all posed like, "When is it time for my photoshoot?" :lol: Trust me, I squeeze her all the time. She's too cute not to want to squeeze!

Awesome overload omgomgomg

It looks amazing!!!! I love it all!!!!!

Had to bring this one up again cuz it's so darn cute :wub:
IMG_1451_zpsa0bdb6e1.jpg

Thanks so much, Gena! I'm loving how the tank looks now that its so mature and grown in. I'm glad I could free up a bit of space though for some new things. I figure small changes here and there will keep things interesting. And now that I have the frag tank, I can remove things from the display that I'm not as into anymore and have somewhere to keep those things until I sell or trade them or whatever.

I loved that photo of Lily too. I thought it was too funny. She cocked her head over to the side looking at the camera.

Thanks so much! I just looked at your thread and you tank is coming along great! Your tank will definitely look as good as mine once it has time to grow in and mature. Honestly, time makes all the difference. If you go back and look at the history of my tank on the first page, you'll see that a year ago it didn't look anywhere near as good as it does now.

And yes, I love my LED fixtures. I'd highly recommend them :)

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah time is the key factor for these things. I have almost got everything to the stage where I can sit back and watch it grow. Once I get my LED's sorted I'll be all set :D.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah time is the key factor for these things. I have almost got everything to the stage where I can sit back and watch it grow. Once I get my LED's sorted I'll be all set :D.

Give it about a year. That seems to be when people's tanks start looking really mature and filled in. And then you'll get the itch to upgrade because you'll be out of space :lol:

Raisin fingers + superglue. Very sexy :lol:

Well I just spent like 4 hours on the tanks and they are soooooooo clean. It was one of those times where I decided to take apart both powerheads and the filter for scrubbing, rinsed down both screen tops with fresh water, and all the other super thorough things I don't do every water change. Its amazing how much better both tanks look. Its also amazing how much prettier the new light makes the frag tank look. I really prefer the look of LEDs to T5's.

After some strategic rearranging in the 30 gallon, I managed to find space for all my new zoas and palys and 4 of the new SPS frags. I didn't think I could manage to make that much space! I'm happy I found them all a good spot! :happydance: Everything is super PO'ed right now, but I'll get photos for you guys either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Now we just need to convince gena that LEDs are the way to go ;)

Awesome overload omgomgomg

It looks amazing!!!! I love it all!!!!!

Had to bring this one up again cuz it's so darn cute :wub:

IMG_1451_zpsa0bdb6e1.jpg

Haha, that is one awesome feline colony!

Lily is too cute!! :wub:

Lovely photos too! I really like the macro shots, and ofcourse the FTS! Such a gorgeous tank! :)

Aww, thanks! :blush: Thanks for stopping in. You seem to be on N-R a bit more frequently lately. Which reminds me I should go check out your threads!

Now we just need to convince gena that LEDs are the way to go ;)

Haha, that is one awesome feline colony!

I think Gena loves her T5's too much for that. I'm definitely sold on LEDs being way better than T5's, but Gena's tank looks so good I'll let her have her T5's. She's obviously doing something right!

Lily is the catfish, not the feline colony. :lol: Lily took a swim in the 30 gallon when I first set it up to cycle and ever since then she's been the catfish.

I don't know...after seeing your tank, Felicia...I'm considering LEDs. omgomgomg Are you for hire????? :)

Well I definitely love my LEDs so I would highly recommend some if you want to make the switch. And yes, if you wanted to buy a kit and just have it mailed to me, I'd put it together for you and then send it down to you. Its really not that hard to do, but if you're not up for soldering I could do it for you. I find it fun :) Let me know if you decide you want to do it and I can help you figure out what you need and design it and stuff.

Your tanks are amazing! I feel like I should bow before them or something. :happy:

What a great tank. Love the photos and the cat! :happy:

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I'm flattered you guys like the tank so much! You both have gorgeous tanks of your own :)

You didn't answer my question. I was seriously asking if you are for hire...DIY LEDs???? :) I haven't completely made up my mind yet, but I'm researching. AJ will be happy to know. I like how LEDs photograph better than T5, and I can get top down shots with LEDs and I can't with the T5s. Research, research, research :)

BTW...I nominated your tank for TOTM in the nomination thread :happydance:

Lily is the catfish, not the feline colony. :lol: Lily took a swim in the 30 gallon when I first set it up to cycle and ever since then she's been the catfish.

Haha! I assume she did not enjoy that marine life experience.

Archived