SaltCritters.com

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

You're welcome! Good luck with the move! Btw, you have a thread for your tank right? I don't seem to be able to find it at the moment. Can you post the link?

I haven't made one yet but I plan to make one soon, maybe after the move.. be on the lookout! haha :)

edit: started your page 11 ! woohoo! lol

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't made one yet but I plan to make one soon, maybe after the move.. be on the lookout! haha :)

edit: started your page 11 ! woohoo! lol

Ok, let me know as soon as you make one. I'm enjoying following similar tanks.

Yay for page 11. My tank seems to be popular the last few days. A new page deserves a cute cat picture!

Lily aka Jaws, the very scary great white shark! ;)

ev0sc2.jpg

I think that fin is going to be my xmas present to my cat. where did you get it?

Its from Petco and it only cost like $5. :)

I think I see your magicians. Top left in front of the filter intake tube? That's what mine look like right now.

Actually, no. I just realized I really need to take a new full tank shot. That one is not that old, but I've moved things around and added new things, so it looks really different now. The one you're talking about is my Devil's Armor frag that was closed because the frogspawn was bothering it. Its now on the other side of the tank and much happier. My magicians pretty much look like that though...just completely closed still. Here's what Phil said in response to my e-mail:

"It's not unusual if they don't open for a few days. If there are no signs of melting or flaking you should still be in good shape. Keep me updated on them, if they don't open at all let me know and we can replace it on your next purchase."

Hopefully they open because I wasn't planning on placing another order, so that would mean another $15 in shipping for new magicians.

Oh, and I'll put up a new FTS tonight. I have to wait for it to get dark or I get too much glare from my window to take a decent picture.

Well...no magicians opening today either. How about you? Looking forward to the new FTS!

No luck here either. They look healthy otherwise, no sign of problems. I wish they'd just open.

No luck here either. They look healthy otherwise, no sign of problems. I wish they'd just open.

I'm trying to see if maybe they were just fragged. I don't know why else they would take so long to open.

I'm trying to see if maybe they were just fragged. I don't know why else they would take so long to open.

Is there some way to tell, or were you going to ask PYA? So far this is not a good first experience with ordering online.

Is there some way to tell, or were you going to ask PYA? So far this is not a good first experience with ordering online.

I've been just trying to examine to see but I haven't come to a definite conclusion. I've ordered from quite a few places. Let's just say I've had better experiences with more professional companies. This experience was more like buying from the livestock classifieds here on NR. I think this company is just getting started though so that could be why. I'm more than happy with the open brain that I got though. The other stuff...well, not so much.

I've been just trying to examine to see but I haven't come to a definite conclusion. I've ordered from quite a few places. Let's just say I've had better experiences with more professional companies. This experience was more like buying from the livestock classifieds here on NR. I think this company is just getting started though so that could be why. I'm more than happy with the open brain that I got though. The other stuff...well, not so much.

Yeah, I think they are college student's starting up a business so its understandable. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed they open eventually. They're replacement policy is to throw in more with the next order, but that would just mean spending more money I wasn't planning on spending.

New Photos 11/7/11

First off, here's a new FTS:

23jhh54.jpg

Gena, the Magician Palys are sitting on the sand just to the right of the center rock.

The pom pom crab finally posed for a photo :)

ru7io4.jpg

And not to leave out the fishies in the QT, here's my firefish and YWG.

atw7xv.jpg

Finally, a new video:

It looks great!!!!! Loved the video! I really need to make another video!

My magicians look just as pathetic today. I'm going to take a photo of them and send it to Phil, today. I'm pretty sure they are starting to flake/melt away. Unbelievable!

We're going to have similarly stocked fish. Firefish and watchman goby. Yours look so healthy! Looking forward to mine coming this week :)

That's an awesome shot of the pom pom too. Mine never comes out enough for me to get a shot like that.

It looks great!!!!! Loved the video! I really need to make another video!

Thanks! My camera doesn't take the best videos, but it works. I'd love to see an updated video of your tank :)

My magicians look just as pathetic today. I'm going to take a photo of them and send it to Phil, today. I'm pretty sure they are starting to flake/melt away. Unbelievable!

Mine aren't melting or flaking, they just look exactly the same as they did when I got them. They haven't even tried to open a little bit. I think I'm going to stick to buying coral from the LFS and not having it shipped.

We're going to have similarly stocked fish. Firefish and watchman goby. Yours look so healthy! Looking forward to mine coming this week :)

They're really very entertaining fish, so you'll enjoy them! Amazingly enough mine seem to be fine after the brooklynella outbreak. It didn't effect either of them, and once they got adjusted to the new environment of the QT, they've been great. I'm really ready to put them back in the DT though because the QT tank has to be cleaned constantly since it has no CUC or natural filtration.

That's an awesome shot of the pom pom too. Mine never comes out enough for me to get a shot like that.

Yeah I was amazed that he was actually in a spot where I could get a decent picture. My lights had shut out for the night and I turned them back on to take pictures, so he had come out for the night and was hanging out on the feather dusters tube.

I just checked out your cichlid tank. That's awesome too! I have always admired cichlids. Are they easier to care for than saltwater?

They're pretty awesome, although I don't like them as much as the other fish I've had in the sense that they aren't very relaxing to watch. They're very high energy and aggressive, so they're always darting around nipping at one another. They're really pretty though and they're WAY easier than the reef tank. I feed them once every other day and other than that I spend 30 minutes once a month doing a water change. My only issue is the ones I have are getting close to outgrowing the tank, so when that happens I'll have to decide what to do.

They're pretty awesome, although I don't like them as much as the other fish I've had in the sense that they aren't very relaxing to watch. They're very high energy and aggressive, so they're always darting around nipping at one another. They're really pretty though and they're WAY easier than the reef tank. I feed them once every other day and other than that I spend 30 minutes once a month doing a water change. My only issue is the ones I have are getting close to outgrowing the tank, so when that happens I'll have to decide what to do.

I worked in a pet store back in the 90s. We had fresh, salt, and cichlid tanks. I never went for the cichlids because I would have to put buffer in or something like that.

How'd your magicians do today? One of my hermits ate a polyp today :rolleyes: I could tell they weren't going to make it. It doesn't take that long, or it shouldn't take that long, to open.

I worked in a pet store back in the 90s. We had fresh, salt, and cichlid tanks. I never went for the cichlids because I would have to put buffer in or something like that.

How'd your magicians do today? One of my hermits ate a polyp today :rolleyes: I could tell they weren't going to make it. It doesn't take that long, or it shouldn't take that long, to open.

The LFS I get my cichlids from (and this guy is awesome with cichlids) actually doesn't buffer unless the pH of the tap water is way off. My tap water is within a range that they do fine in, so I don't have to buffer. My cichlids are definitely thriving since they're well on their way to outgrowing my tank, so buffering really isn't that necessary.

My magicians still look exactly the same, which is really frustrating. My hermits were all over them at first because they came with a ton of algae on the frag plug (ugh!), but that's all gone now and the hermits don't go anywhere near them. There's no reason why they shouldn't open. I'm really frustrated with this. Let me know what PYA says to you about it.

I was lazy back then and didn't want to do anymore than put dechlorinator in the water :lol:

Well, this morning the whole frag of magicians was gone. The CUC ate it all over night! I got the same response you did from Phil. They will give me a credit on my next order. I don't WANT to order again. Well, maybe he'll have something I want someday. But there really isn't anything right now.

Well, this morning the whole frag of magicians was gone. The CUC ate it all over night! I got the same response you did from Phil. They will give me a credit on my next order. I don't WANT to order again. Well, maybe he'll have something I want someday. But there really isn't anything right now.

Two of my hermits are currently sitting on the frag eating it, so same here. I don't have anything else I want to order either, so oh well...I guess I'm out the $15 for the palys.

Two of my hermits are currently sitting on the frag eating it, so same here. I don't have anything else I want to order either, so oh well...I guess I'm out the $15 for the palys.

Oh boo! I was hoping yours would pull through. I asked Phil why he thought this happened and he said the frags changed tanks quite a few times before shipping. Such a disappointment!

Oh boo! I was hoping yours would pull through. I asked Phil why he thought this happened and he said the frags changed tanks quite a few times before shipping. Such a disappointment!

I know, I was hoping that since mine looked fine and just werent opening that they'd eventually opening. I guess not...my blue leg hermit is going to town on them right now.

I know, I was hoping that since mine looked fine and just werent opening that they'd eventually opening. I guess not...my blue leg hermit is going to town on them right now.

My nassarius and hermits got a good meal out of mine :angry:

Did you write Phil to let him know?

My nassarius and hermits got a good meal out of mine :angry:

Did you write Phil to let him know?

Yep, he actually e-mailed today and mentioned that another customer's (I'm guessing this is you) magicians didn't make it and asked how mine were doing. I told him they definitely weren't going to make it.

Archived