Pod Your Reef

Ballz' Reef

iball1804

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yessir. I've just come to accept that until I get an aiptasia eating filefish or another peppermint shrimp I'll be fighting this for a long time. It doesn't look bad, I just wish I could get rid of it for good. I dislike injecting because three are in my zoas and I don't like risking their lives.

What exactly does aiptasia do?

Sting the neighboring corals? Occasionally I see an aiptasia that I actually like.

They sting coral and other sessile inverts. Rumors float that they can kill fish but I'm not convinced. They reproduce asexually and spread very fast. Most of the time they are ugly and brown and take up space pretty coral could use.

On the plus side, they don't look terrible and are pretty good filter feeders.

Gotcha.

Dang I always thought it would be fun to help someone setup a new tank, get the live rock, exclaim that he already has some anemones!

(and quietly giggle to myself because I know the secret!)

I got some coral from a guy who had a 120 reef with a 30 breeder macro fuge and all the rock in there was loaded with pest nems and there wasn't a single one in his display. He said he liked the way they helped filter

Then he turned into real pita to deal with saying we never paid him the money we agreed on when he said he wanted rock instead of cash and we went and bought $40 worth of base rock and lr. Meh :lol:

I got some coral from a guy who had a 120 reef with a 30 breeder macro fuge and all the rock in there was loaded with pest nems and there wasn't a single one in his display. He said he liked the way they helped filter

Then he turned into real pita to deal with saying we never paid him the money we agreed on when he said he wanted rock instead of cash and we went and bought $40 worth of base rock and lr. Meh :lol:

What a bum!

Those type of people are just no fun to be around!

Yeah it was just an overall sour experience. On top of that, two days later I got a 100% DOA shipment of 27 cichlids from someone else. I'm pretty jaded about dealing with people I don't know now :lol:

Yeah it sucked. Oh well, now everything is coming together and my skimmer has started pulled stuff out and it's going to be awesome. Just like your tank! B)

Oh shux :)

My sixline is going nuts. Pant pant pant - up and down and up and down the glass. In and out and in and out the rocks.

Is this normal!?

Not to freak you out, but that's how mine was the last time I saw him alive... Have you been messing around in the tank a lot?

The panting I mean, the rest sounds like normal, hyper sixline behavior.

Just a quick update:

My snails have officially won my affection. Although I have to sometimes right them up, they are mowing through my cycle algae like no one's business. My Xenia and sixline wrasse are also sound wonderfully :lol:

I do need to buy more Instant Ocean salt though...

Hey you, where is the pretty hammer that is your avatar?

It's coming :lol:

I think... Ha once I get the monies! Being 15 and reefin' is hard!

Archived