SaltCritters.com

Ballz' Reef

iball1804

Yes. Kinda.

A glass tank, like stated somewhere in this thread, the dimensions can't all be whole numbers. The way the glass overlaps on the vertices and the thickness of the glass needs to be accounted for.

Does this make sense?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did account for the thickness of the glass and overlapping...the bottom piece would be 23.5"x14.5" even though the actual tank dimensions are 24x15...that is to account for the 1/4" thich pieces on each side...

The only whole number I have is the front and back pieces which are 24" in length.

This thread makes me want to start a new tank!

Do it!

It is a great way to start!

I sketchup in my head :)

I try that, then my head hurts :P

Well I don't have any updates currently.

I hope to get frags over Thanksgiving break.

The sixline is doing great. It's gut is huge!

Sounds like he's nice and healthy :) I'm going to the glass shop on Wednesday to put a deposit down and get my glass made. Still trying to figure out what to do for the overflow and return...any ideas?

For DIY, go to like Home Depot and order some acrylic, either black or white.

If not, Glass-Holes.com has some great kits.

I plan on selling some extra things around the house. (16 gallon bowfront, Coralife Mini T5, live rock and live sand)

Hopefully these extra monies will push in the way of some frags. Oh yeah, I won a contest on here and got some free zoas. :haha:

I finally arranged my first post to include some stats. Hopefully I will have the time to add a list of major events with links.

Until then.

I have a project that will get me some frags. Quickly. Stay tuned!!! :ninja:

Archived