Pod Your Reef

Ballz' Reef

iball1804

You have no idea how smart they are. I really enjoy them, but to be honest I prefer my fish tank. Looks So much more "elegant". ;) Reef sandles are the only sandle I will ever wear from now on. I would go as far to say they are the perfect shoe. Man, I love the anticipation of ordering something completely awesome, tracking it, and going to pick it up (I'm in college so I have to pick deliveries up at the Student Center in the middle of campus <_< ). The rush you get is amazing. :lol:

Oh yeah!

THE LEDS ARRIVED!!!

I put tore the box apart, assembled the LED setup, and turned it on! Whew these guys are nasty bright. I don't have any pics but I can assure you that you will get some soon enough. I plan on putting all the drivers and pots on TOP on the heatsink. Although it will have some added weight, it should be fine. I also need a permanent way to hang this guy...

Oh yeah, Ray sent an extra LED for each color, so it turned out to be a 16 LED kit - not 14. :lol:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried taking a picture of the LED setup, but the camera only showed a glowing ball of light. I looked into the LEDs for a little bit, and then saw little yellow dots everywhere for 30 minutes after.

How would you recommend hanging it? I can't from the ceiling... It probably weighs a good ~5 pounds.

Look at my rig. I used brackets to hang ceiling fans. I used two on each light and they weigh 15lb a piece.

They are $2.80 at lowes in the lighting department.

I want to see a picture of a ball of light.

If you can't do the ceiling do like a shelf rig where you put the shelving brackets on the wall then you run a pipe across and drill it where you want to hang it.

I've seen people use conduit pipes... I'm not real sure about it. I think that's what pismo did, go ask him. If he didn't I'm sure he knows what I'm talking about and knows how to do it.

Ok. Thanks for the push.

PVC just seemed too flimsy in my opinion. I will ask him! Hopefully it gets put up today. If not today, tomorrow, or for sure the weekend!

omgomgomg

The LEDs are hung, dimmers are dimmed, and the tank is ready for corals!

It's coming along smoothly! Pics in a little bit :happy:

I think I did actually. :lol:

Anytime the Princess Bride is applicable in a burn it's a good burn.

I'm pretty sure I said I would post the video on my thread "soon"... Let's hope I get it up before Ballz checks this :haha:

You filthy pig. I oughta slit your throat and throw yer body in a dumpster.

I did get some xenia and my CUC today! The xenia frag is like an inch tall - it was 15$. Yeah. 15$. Garbage price. Garbage.

And my LEDs are doing wonderfully :)

Oh come on, Ballz :P

Man, I thought my LFS sucked... Shoulda stole it. :lol:

I see all these words and no pictures, is there something wrong with my computer? Do I need to reboot it?

Hey gimme a break. Pics in 5 minutes! omgomgomg

Plus I'm stuck with what I've got. My LFS is just a look-at LFS. Not buying.

Haha okay, I can deal with that.

Mine suck here too so I get where you're coming from. There's one here that charges $30 for any softie frag and $50 for hard frags. Oh and they are all tiny and gay as hell.

They're uploading! Plus I have a nice new page to post them on :lol:

Here they are! Wooo my camera couldn't take the LEDs at all!

Full shot:

6292939668_4d6458a4f7.jpg

IMG_2913 by iball1804, on Flickr

Tank and snails:

6292415839_ac987b1184.jpg

IMG_2914 by iball1804, on Flickr

LLLEEEEDDDDDssss:

6292935914_398a13fe5b.jpg

IMG_2915 by iball1804, on Flickr

Infamous shot:

6292934434_d9b6fb9927.jpg

IMG_2916 by iball1804, on Flickr

So bright:

6292411571_85f14d3f6f.jpg

IMG_2917 by iball1804, on Flickr

Top down:

6292932728_cb04d04c7c.jpg

IMG_2918 by iball1804, on Flickr

My sixline has taken a liking to nibbling on the snails sometimes. Should I be worried? Or is it just testing them out.

6292939668_4d6458a4f7.jpg

How does the water stay in? :huh:

:lol:

You shouldnt be worried, but maybe you should feed him a little more. Just like dwarf angels, well fed fish don't normally nip as much.

Yep I just fed him thinking that exact same thing.

Hopefully the xenia does well compared to my other tank. It is slowly inflating now! :scarry:

Archived