100_2061 by iball1804, on Flickr

I see you!

6270027227_613f8b0cab.jpg

100_2043 by iball1804, on Flickr

6270027221_baae1a22e0.jpg

100_2040 by iball1804, on Flickr

6270027193_b4d163e0f5.jpg

100_2036 by iball1804, on Flickr

She eats a ton, sheds a ton, and occasionally lies to scream (you would not believe how loud they can scream!)

I think she is gorgeous.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do they sound like i have never heard them yell before but i heard they are called geckos because thats what the sound they make sounds like.

It sounds exacty like a little girl screaming, and almost as loud.

I nearly jumped out of my pants when she screamed in my hand once. She hadn't liked something I was doing! :lol:

My LEDs are in the United States!

From processing, pick-up, check-out, flight times, transit, to landing and customs; it made it's way from Hong Kong to the US in 2 days!

Hong Kong post is great! Any estimations on when it should arrive?

Where are you located?

I bought shoes from Oki-Ni in London and had them in my hands 16 hours after placing my order online. They came DHL, they are the shiz.

I bet you'll have them Wednesday then. B)

And I did not, I got these about 4 years ago and they have been the best pair of shoes I've ever owned:

WwfYV.jpg

They only made 100 and they were handmade by the oldest family owned shoemaker in England using the leather from the oldest family owned tannery in England and the wool from the oldest family owned sheep farmer in England. I wish I would have bought 10 pairs :( You can see I need to fix them up a bit :lol: I just replaced them with a new pair of ligas but they aren't the same. Still comfy but I'll need a few years to break them in :D

If you asked me 4 years ago when I payed for them (especially when my dumb ass didn't make sure the amount was usd and not British pounds when the echange rate was 1£=$2 and payed double what I thought) I would have agreed with you but they have more than proven their worth. I mean, I wore them 99.9% of that time and a little bit of glue will probably get another year or so of non everyday use.

If you're in the market for new shoes I'd recommend Puma Ligas. They are comfortable like skate shoes, have the arch support of trainers, and are built like a brick house because they are actually indoor soccer shoes.

Do you have a trusty pair of shoes?

Yup, this is now a shoe thread until your LEDs get here.

Hey man thats cool.

I have a couple pairs of trusty shoes that I use. The original Nike Free Run+, Vibram FiveFingers KSO, and the Nike Streak XC II.

The Free's are for school, walking/chilling. The KSO's are for outdoors. The Streaks are for Cross Country (I love these shoes!!)

Haha funny thing is they are the absolute worst shoes in the world to run in.

The "shox" do absolutely nothing in fact they exaggerate any natural motion you would make and force you to land on your heel.

Have you had any experience with the Vibram FiveFingers?

I actually don't do a lot of running. My dad runs marathons and I'll do gimmicky runs with him like beer runs, warrior dash, etc. I'm more of a biker.

I have not had any experience with five fingers and I'm really straining myself to not make a joke about it. :lol:

In all seriousness, should I check them out?

Oh my gosh. They are so comfortable! I can't describe them at all. I would go try them on.

The LunaRacer 2 was also a great running shoe.

I run the 5k at my school. Then I generally log around 40 miles a week of just pure distance.

I have heard ZigTechs are pretty comfortable...

That's intense, my dad runs a cycle. He runs 2-3 marathons a year and as it gets closer he logs like 40 a week but in the lulls it's like 15. Then what I do is bike next to him and call him an old man get him to push his limits. :lol:

I have a close friend that works in the Dick's shoe department and gets something like 40% off foot ware so I might go try some on and then give her money to get them for me :ninja:

When I ran for soccer I think at most I logged was 10 a week of distance. I hate running.

That's intense, my dad runs a cycle. He runs 2-3 marathons a year and as it gets closer he logs like 40 a week but in the lulls it's like 15. Then what I do is bike next to him and call him an old man get him to push his limits. :lol:

I have a close friend that works in the Dick's shoe department and gets something like 40% off foot ware so I might go try some on and then give her money to get them for me :ninja:

When I ran for soccer I think at most I logged was 10 a week of distance. I hate running.

At first I hated it, but then grew to absolutely love it to death. I feel horrible if I don't run.

Does biking next to your dad actually help? He probably wants to kill you before it's over.

Squared - thanks bro! I love her too. She is a great pet and the cool thing about her is that I can touch her an interact with her :lol:

Haha I more or less do it for myself because I need to take care of myself and I won't do it alone. But he does have off about 2 minutes for every mile when I'm with him.

Three of the routes we go have massive changes in elevation so I still get a workout even though I'm riding slower than I would normally.

That gecko is pretty sweet :) I had a basilisk lizard for a few years a long time ago.

Nice.

Lizards are awesome. They are actually pretty intelligent as well!

Have you ever heard of the Newton shoes? Google them. A forefoot landing gait is very desirable in runners.

I don't have a lizard, but I do have four rats. They are possibly the smartest animal I've ever owned. But nice lizard. Nice light fixture too...oh, wait. You don't have it yet. :lol: Are you excited? I would be. :P And sorry, I can't contribute to the shoe conversation. They only pair of shoes I really love are my REEF Sandles. Oh, the irony.

Hahaha what a coincidence! I always call people rats around here. It's good to know they're smart, I might bet some. Either rats or chinchillas...

REEF sandals are actually amazingly comfortable. A lot of people don't even know.

And yes I'm very excited. I'm still tracking it. Although there are no updates since the 23rd, it has been in the US for almost 3 days now, so it could very well come tomorrow! omgomgomg

You have no idea how smart they are. I really enjoy them, but to be honest I prefer my fish tank. Looks So much more "elegant". ;) Reef sandles are the only sandle I will ever wear from now on. I would go as far to say they are the perfect shoe. Man, I love the anticipation of ordering something completely awesome, tracking it, and going to pick it up (I'm in college so I have to pick deliveries up at the Student Center in the middle of campus <_< ). The rush you get is amazing. :lol:

Archived