SaltCritters.com

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

I'm feeling lazy I will do the WC tomorrow after I get home from work. All looks awesome so I am going a few days late. ;)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andrewguilfoy

ahhh PVC I have so much! the best thing to do is buy like 3 of every adapter you need, and plenty of long pipe you can cut. You will most likely make a few thousand trips.

Stand looks purty. I like that molding, great color!

Yeah only missing one 90 degree elbow otherwise did pretty good. Here are some pics it's all plumbed!

149383_10150852456404029_659639028_9726755_1115274916_n.jpg

Not all glued down as of yet as we need to get the return tube and move everything one last time but it's done.

528467_10150853324259029_659639028_9727392_444443695_n.jpg

522213_10150853243134029_659639028_9727383_1129429827_n.jpg

Drilled through the stand as he wanted it as flush with the wall as possible.

35498_10150853237229029_659639028_9727382_975820395_n.jpg

He even put the powersupplies/battery backups in there and secured the wires down so they were hidden.

I'm impressed Randi! Btw, I know you were frustrated about having to sand and stain again, but its honestly looks even better with the second coat.

I'm impressed Randi! Btw, I know you were frustrated about having to sand and stain again, but its honestly looks even better with the second coat.

That it does. Thanks I am pretty pleased. Just need that sand and the aqualifter then all is done! ;)

Spirofucci

Wow! That whole project came together so nicely!!!! Ya'll should be proud of yourselves!!!!

surgicalsense
Thanks guys, I will be proud when I am sure all is done and no overflows happen etc. ;)

:happy: well done and prompt I might add.

:happy: well done and prompt I might add.

Yeah we are really moving it this weekend! Everything should be here by Friday so pending deliveries the move is set for Sunday.

A was determined to get it done last night, he came home and was like okay wanna plumb it! Then we went to HD and it was done. Just need one 90 degree 1/2" elbow but otherwise done. I will get some better pics of the plumbing when it is all done and running. The door will go on after we are done with the stressful stuff.

Oh and my niece wants a purple Dart Fish for the SUMP so there will be that fish and 2 damsels in there. Along with the hermits. Should I find another pistol for him or just let him be?

Man it's happening fast now!

surgicalsense
Yeah we are really moving it this weekend! Everything should be here by Friday so pending deliveries the move is set for Sunday.

A was determined to get it done last night, he came home and was like okay wanna plumb it! Then we went to HD and it was done. Just need one 90 degree 1/2" elbow but otherwise done. I will get some better pics of the plumbing when it is all done and running. The door will go on after we are done with the stressful stuff.

Oh and my niece wants a purple Dart Fish for the SUMP so there will be that fish and 2 damsels in there. Along with the hermits. Should I find another pistol for him or just let him be?

Man it's happening fast now!

Why don't you just wait and see how they settle in there. Then decide if you want a pistol rearranging the sump for you :lol:

Why don't you just wait and see how they settle in there. Then decide if you want a pistol rearranging the sump for you :lol:

My Candy Cane is really well behaved.... but IDK with the macros. :mellow:

There is a Goby like Deckoz's at the LFS I may get her to buy instead, pretty fish and brave too.

IDK we will see depends on what they have and etc at the LFS when we are there, but she liked the Dartfish.

Need to get 90 degree elbow and eggcrate tonight. HD here I come again.

OH and I have a light for the fuge, forgot about it but I have a light that will work for now. :happy:

I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!

Everything looks great!

Thanks so much! A is getting a bit excited as well, he even had the rubbermaids I need for the transfer.

Now I just need 4 more BIG water jugs! :lol:

Just need that sand and the aqualifter then all is done! ;)

Well except for the actual move, which is the most stressful part! Just make sure you have lots of buckets, towels, and extra saltwater on hand. And don't be like me and knock over the container the YWG and firefish were acclimating in. Picking fish off the carpet in the middle of a move makes it that much more stressful :lol:

I'm excited you're moving everything so soon! Can't wait to see it!

I dropped my urchin from about 3 feet up during my previous move. Scared me to death, but he's fine.

Be sure you have a tight lid during the first week after the move! I lost 2 fish to jumping through a tiny hole after my tank upgrade :(

I dropped my urchin from about 3 feet up during my previous move. Scared me to death, but he's fine.

:o Glad he's ok. Luckily my YWG and firefish survived my accidental spill onto the carpet. I freaked out when that happened.

I love how A is all into this build as well!!!!!!

Yeah I am so suprised! He egts to see the build from start to finish and is really into it!

Well except for the actual move, which is the most stressful part! Just make sure you have lots of buckets, towels, and extra saltwater on hand. And don't be like me and knock over the container the YWG and firefish were acclimating in. Picking fish off the carpet in the middle of a move makes it that much more stressful :lol:

I'm excited you're moving everything so soon! Can't wait to see it!

Yeah thanks for the reminder! :P

I plan on having plenty of backup, I may go and get a 30-40 gallon rubbermaid for getting the larger amount of water from the LFS as all I have are 4-5 5 gallon jugs and one 10 gallon I need to line with a black garbage bag as it is not safe to use water out of it. So much to do! :mellow:

Be sure you have a tight lid during the first week after the move! I lost 2 fish to jumping through a tiny hole after my tank upgrade :(

I do we cut lids for them last night. Done and Done! I am not losing anyone and if I do I will be so mad at myself! ;)

Dang! You're movin'!

Soon! ETA 3 days. I will be totally MIA probably Saturday and Sunday until it's all done and running and everyone is happy. Pics when it all settles, and probably a final gooodbye FTS to the Bow as it has been a good tank. ;)

On a side note: got home from work yesterday and the tank was cloudy! Everything was happy and open but the water was not clear. Did the WC, cleaned the Canister and turned the UV on today all is clear again. I am betting on something spawning or the Macro going sexual. Oh well no losses and everything is GREAT!

Sorry been MIA just very busy. ;)

Funny on the water! I think my snails had a party because all of them were covered in strings and goo last night. I figured my cleaner shrimp, pom pom, and hermits would take care of it.

I bet you freaked when you saw that cloudy water!!!!! It is surprising to see it. My NC12 did the same thing. It was a macro sexual event. I bet that's what happened with yours too. Don't you have some caulerpa in there?

chrssprngs

+1

Archived