Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

Psychosis

Yea well! My six are cooler...

I'd be amazed if a plate got ahold of a goby. They have am amazing feeding response, but they aren't as sticky as Maxis and I really don't see them being able to hold on to a writhing goby. Eating the snail took all most an hour, and it fell from the rock work.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
:mellow:...banana hammock.

I was jk. Doesn't matter who's is slightly cooler or any thing. :D

... I have seen the dendra like your. They were called Japanese Jumbo dendra, also you got them for a steal, because I have seen them run a steap price. Mine are the run of the mill, but I tried to least pick out a colony with larger heads on it.

Hey Randi! Sorry but I'm so behind from being busy lately. I tried to skim that last few pages, but I don't have a ton of time to read everything since its the last semester of class and I'm pretty busy. Did you move the tank to the new stand? Or are you waiting to finish the sump? The new sump looks great btw. Oh, and your last photo update is stunning. Some of your zoas are absolutely stunning. I want those ones with the yellow...drool!

Hey Randi! Sorry but I'm so behind from being busy lately. I tried to skim that last few pages, but I don't have a ton of time to read everything since its the last semester of class and I'm pretty busy. Did you move the tank to the new stand? Or are you waiting to finish the sump? The new sump looks great btw. Oh, and your last photo update is stunning. Some of your zoas are absolutely stunning. I want those ones with the yellow...drool!

Hey Felicia! How's it going!

I haven't moved it yet as the stand is not done either, we still have to stain and whatnot. All I have to do is finish the seal on the SUMP and paint their backs black then I will have double 40Bs running! Close to 80 gallon system! Way bigger then I ever planned!

Thanks so much those yellow ones are called Frutyloop Zoas and I got the 4 polyps for $20 at the PBMAS swap on 3/28, and in about 4 weeks I have another head. They are fully grown onto the rock over the glue and just look bigger every day. I am pretty happy with them they have INSANE color.

Now on the list of things to do this week, finish painting tanks and finish the stand. Get the plumbing done and leak test everything.

Then order sand and macros and transfer when that arrives.

ETA end of next week I think. ;)

Wow! Sounds like you're making a ton of progress! I'm excited to see how it turns out once you get the new set-up running. Having 80 gallons is going to make your life so easy in terms of stability and the bioload you can support.

If those fruityloops keep growing like that, I'll have to trade you for a frag. I've got several nice zoas and palys that I'll start fragging soon :) Those were such a steal! I really need to go to a frag swap at some point, but I want to wait until I have some frags of my own to trade. There's a small one that one of the guys I've bought frags from locally is holding at his house this upcoming weekend, but I'm not sure how big of a turn out it will have and its a 45 minute drive (if there's no traffic) so I'm not sure its worth the drive.

I'd be amazed if a plate got ahold of a goby. They have am amazing feeding response, but they aren't as sticky as Maxis and I really don't see them being able to hold on to a writhing goby. Eating the snail took all most an hour, and it fell from the rock work.

I'm just very careful when it comes to that PITA fish. I had a heck of a time finding it and the first one went MIA after 24 hours and then I had to wait another month to get it, then it went missing in the tank at the LFS for 24 hours!

Just not tempting fate! ;)

Wow! Sounds like you're making a ton of progress! I'm excited to see how it turns out once you get the new set-up running. Having 80 gallons is going to make your life so easy in terms of stability and the bioload you can support.

If those fruityloops keep growing like that, I'll have to trade you for a frag. I've got several nice zoas and palys that I'll start fragging soon :) Those were such a steal! I really need to go to a frag swap at some point, but I want to wait until I have some frags of my own to trade. There's a small one that one of the guys I've bought frags from locally is holding at his house this upcoming weekend, but I'm not sure how big of a turn out it will have and its a 45 minute drive (if there's no traffic) so I'm not sure its worth the drive.

Yeah almost there! I can't wait to see what all the SPS does with the lights closer to them! And then I can get my clam! The LFS has a bunch of insane ones and I have been dying to buy one.

IDK the swap was really good, tons of vendors, tons of awesome frags, and SOOOOOO many people!

I would be hesitant to go to one at a guys house unless he has some really SICK corals I wanted frags of. ;)

Not saying a word after the last issue with the clam. I am going to get mine then I will spill the beans. ;)

Yeah almost there! I can't wait to see what all the SPS does with the lights closer to them! And then I can get my clam! The LFS has a bunch of insane ones and I have been dying to buy one.

IDK the swap was really good, tons of vendors, tons of awesome frags, and SOOOOOO many people!

I would be hesitant to go to one at a guys house unless he has some really SICK corals I wanted frags of. ;)

I'm sure your corals will LOVE the more intense lighting. Considering the amount of growth you've been getting, it'll be insane if you start getting more.

The guy that is organizing it has some awesome frags, but I've bought most of what he has at this point :lol: I'm sure the frag swap will at least have a group of people at it since he organizes it through the Bay Area Reefers club, but I'm just not sure what kind of turnout they usually get. Since its at someone's house, I'm guessing like maybe 10 people max. I want to go to a huge frag swap like you went to.

Felicia...we're all moving to Florida, by Randi and Morgan. Just an FYI!!!!!! You have to join us :)

I'm telling ya'll....one of these days, I'll be living in Florida ;) What's a nice area to live in? West Palm Beach? I'm pretty clueless about it :lol:

I'm sure your corals will LOVE the more intense lighting. Considering the amount of growth you've been getting, it'll be insane if you start getting more.

The guy that is organizing it has some awesome frags, but I've bought most of what he has at this point :lol: I'm sure the frag swap will at least have a group of people at it since he organizes it through the Bay Area Reefers club, but I'm just not sure what kind of turnout they usually get. Since its at someone's house, I'm guessing like maybe 10 people max. I want to go to a huge frag swap like you went to.

I hope so, I mean if there is even such a thing! :happy:

Yeah I like the HUGE swap it was awesome so man people so many corals not enough time! morgan knows Gena by name! :lol:

Felicia...we're all moving to Florida, by Randi and Morgan. Just an FYI!!!!!! You have to join us :)

I'm telling ya'll....one of these days, I'll be living in Florida ;) What's a nice area to live in? West Palm Beach? I'm pretty clueless about it :lol:

West Palm is very nice just depends on the areas, make sure you read reviews on neighborhoods and etc before you scope them out. Then go see them in person before you make a decision. My dad lives 5 minutes from me and his neighborhood is like Night and Day compared to mine. Not that mine is bad it isn't but it's smaller houses, people with a bit less income and he lives in a neighborhood where everyone is either Upper middle class or a family sharing a house etc. So much is for sale right now its sickening! 5 years ago no one was selling now almost every other house has a for rent/sale sign. -_-

Jacob042426

near me too! :lol:

i suggest moving to miami beach or surfside. miami is better for kids. :)

near me too! :lol:

i suggest moving to miami beach or surfside. miami is better for kids. :)

Seriously only a 40 minute drive, so if you want to live outside the crazy Miami and still get to beaches either in 5 minutes or an hour either one works. ;) I just don't like how busy the city is. :)

Jacob042426
Seriously only a 40 minute drive, so if you want to live outside the crazy Miami and still get to beaches either in 5 minutes or an hour either one works. ;) I just don't like how busy the city is. :)

traffic isnt bad, i live in the beach on the bay. hollywood/ft. lauderdale, and boca are great too.

aventura has the worst traffic. :lol:

That it does! And the people seem to drive stupid in Boca! Every time I am down there I see at least 10 near accidents! :lol:

Jacob042426
That it does! And the people seem to drive stupid in Boca! Every time I am down there I see at least 10 near accidents! :lol:

i always see porshes and lambos racining on the highways near boca. :lol:

Gena, I think you're forgetting that I grew up in Florida. My family moved to Jacksonville when I was 1 and I lived there until I was 22. I only moved to California for grad school a little under 2 years ago. Florida is great but I was ready for a change of pace, so I won't be moving back anytime soon. I'm enjoying northern CA. I am jealous of the coral Randi can get, but I've had pretty decent local stuff here until Atlantis Aquarium decided to close. That's where most of my coral has come from so I'm super annoyed. :angry:

altolamprologus
Gena, I think you're forgetting that I grew up in Florida. My family moved to Jacksonville when I was 1 and I lived there until I was 22. I only moved to California for grad school a little under 2 years ago. Florida is great but I was ready for a change of pace, so I won't be moving back anytime soon. I'm enjoying northern CA. I am jealous of the coral Randi can get, but I've had pretty decent local stuff here until Atlantis Aquarium decided to close. That's where most of my coral has come from so I'm super annoyed. :angry:

Sorry we upset you. The online website will remain open so you can still get coral :)

Sorry we upset you. The online website will remain open so you can still get coral :)

Its ok. I'll just miss being able to pop in and actually look at everything in person and talk with you guys about the coral. Are you guys going to have some kind of local shipping price for the website? Or could there maybe be some sort of pick-up option for local people because I prefer not to have coral shipped if possible?

Archived