Coral Vue Hydros

Euphyllia's BioCube 29 HQI ~ FTS PAGE 93

Euphyllia

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What test you using?

API for ates/ites and Salifert for everything else.

what kind of light and bulb are you using for the fuge?

It's just a regular clamp-on 60w fixture that I got at home depot for $15. I paid $3 for a 14w = 60w 5500k fluorescent bulb.

Stag?

And, you must like Birdsnest.

Dunno. It's maricultured though.

I love birdsnests, but they hate me. All except for two are bleaching and retracting on the bottoms right now. They started a few weeks ago. Though all of the acros and montis are fine. Birdsnests just hate me.

I almost siphoned 29 gallons of water onto the floor. :scarry:

I started a siphon and got bored so I went to the computer and began Facebook stalking my friends. Looking at pictures, reading wall posts... OMG the bucket is overflowing! Luckily I got to it before I lost too much water. I put most of the water back in the tank and did a water change with how much water I had available. :blush:

I'm with ya... people say birdsnest & monti are easy, but I've had better luck with acros so far.

Everyone's tanks and methods of husbandry are different I guess. Maybe lighting has something to do with it. Are you a halide or LED?

I almost siphoned 29 gallons of water onto the floor. :scarry:

I started a siphon and got bored so I went to the computer and began Facebook stalking my friends. Looking at pictures, reading wall posts... OMG the bucket is overflowing! Luckily I got to it before I lost too much water. I put most of the water back in the tank and did a water change with how much water I had available. :blush:

Everyone's tanks and methods of husbandry are different I guess. Maybe lighting has something to do with it. Are you a halide or LED?

T5 ... IMO, the best lighting for SPS is still halide. Though, I'll probably switch to LEDs eventually as the prices drop in a few years. :)

My birdsnest are doing fine, though a few did start STN on me. Found a solution by switching salt. I was using Red Sea Pro, most likely a bad batch or something. Switched to Tropic Marin, really not worth the money. Now, I am back to Instant Ocean Reef crystals and my SPS are happy.

Also, what were you siphoning with, an air line? lol

For me, siphoning off 5g take less than a min.

T5 ... IMO, the best lighting for SPS is still halide. Though, I'll probably switch to LEDs eventually as the prices drop in a few years. :)

My birdsnest are doing fine, though a few did start STN on me. Found a solution by switching salt. I was using Red Sea Pro, most likely a bad batch or something. Switched to Tropic Marin, really not worth the money. Now, I am back to Instant Ocean Reef crystals and my SPS are happy.

Also, what were you siphoning with, an air line? lol

For me, siphoning off 5g take less than a min.

Odd. I was using Reef Crystals when the STN started on my birds. Now I'm using Red Sea Pro... :blink:

And I agree about the LED thing. I probably will break in once the prices are really low in a few years. When I start up again after college, or even during college, they will be helpful for keeping the electric bill low.

Yes, I use airline tubing... I feel noobish now. :P

but they don't love you. do see why this won't work out?

But I can make it work, Squared. I promise! I don't want them to leave me. :(

I wanna see the spoon worm, it's so unique-looking :)

I wonder if you can frag them... :huh:

I haven't rendered the video yet because I'm lazy... I'm thinking of removing it from the nighttime video and just syncing it to music... I'll get it on YouTube by 11:00!!

its really nice and algae free, really good sps tank. Do you have to work hard on water params or manual removal to keep the algae free and the sandbed so clean? looks nice

I wonder if you can frag them... :huh:

I haven't rendered the video yet because I'm lazy... I'm thinking of removing it from the nighttime video and just syncing it to music... I'll get it on YouTube by 11:00!!

I really know much about them, so idk, but I'd guess no

I'll (hopefully) be sleeping by 11 :(

its really nice and algae free, really good sps tank. Do you have to work hard on water params or manual removal to keep the algae free and the sandbed so clean? looks nice

Yeah. I have to clean coralline off the glass every week or so. That's about it though. I used to work hard on the parameters, but this new salt has brought the alk up to 12.0 and it hasn't dropped in three days like it usually does with 8.0. The calcium is always stable, and I got the magnesium under control. Everything going well so far. :)

I really know much about them, so idk, but I'd guess no

I'll (hopefully) be sleeping by 11 :(

It should be on YouTube at around 10:15 or 10:30. It's rendering right now.

Archived