Innovative Marine Aquariums

Euphyllia's BioCube 29 HQI ~ FTS PAGE 93

Euphyllia

I have actually seen montis do that. There was a thread a while back on RC where someone made like a checkerboard pattern and they grew that way with no problems. So I'd say go for it! Here's a link to that thread with pics:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...9203&page=3

As far as the birdsnest getting lighter at the base, are they near some zoas or palys? I had a problem with a poci and an acro because some yellow polyps were brushing up against them and irritating them. I eventually had to eliminate the yellow polyps. Zoas and palys don't mix well with sps.

I have problems with millis for some reason. Like SFT mentioned, birdsnests grow like weeds for me.

Wow! Thanks for the link. That's awesome! :)

The only thing that worries me is that they could be two different, but very similar, species. They grow 1" each direction per month, so I can definitely deal with it if they fight. :lol:

I need a danae collection. o6ekwn.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was going to test again today and I mixed chemicals from two test kits on accident. I created a 1/2" crystal in the test vial. :P

My birdsnests and damicorns have been REALLY PO'd since I added the chaeto. Last week, I have 7.5+ nitrate and 2.5 phosphate. Now both are at zero. Hopefully they can pull through this. The bottoms of the birdsnests are retracted a bit and bleached. The upper polyps are 50-75% extended. Surprisingly, the acros have colored up since the sudden drop, except for the lime in the sky. The green dulled down just a tiny bit and the blue tip turned green-blue, so it's not as striking.

I moved some corals around which made more space and gave them better lighting. I have room for two low-light colonies (20" below 150w 14000K HQI) and I could make room for a medium-light colony. Anything that requires intense lighting is out of question. The monti cap occupies 6" in the middle top. To the left I have 5 acros and my ORA BOP. To the right of the cap I have three montis and a birdsnest, with room for a tiny frag. I do have space for a tiny colony/large frag behind the rock structure in the worst case scenario. I need to get new fragging tools. :(

Here's some pics of the new milles in the tank. The blue/green one has red polyps!! :happy:

Same as the Palmer's Blue Mille, just lime green! :)

2iqfpr5.jpg

Mille? Definitely an acro. Are there different kinds of milles? It's hard to see, but the polyps are red. :)

vr79z6.jpg

ok

I see why adults complain about teens posting only to run up their post count. <_<

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was going to test again today and I mixed chemicals from two test kits on accident. I created a 1/2" crystal in the test vial. :P

My birdsnests and damicorns have been REALLY PO'd since I added the chaeto. Last week, I have 7.5+ nitrate and 2.5 phosphate. Now both are at zero. Hopefully they can pull through this. The bottoms of the birdsnests are retracted a bit and bleached. The upper polyps are 50-75% extended. Surprisingly, the acros have colored up since the sudden drop, except for the lime in the sky. The green dulled down just a tiny bit and the blue tip turned green-blue, so it's not as striking.

I moved some corals around which made more space and gave them better lighting. I have room for two low-light colonies (20" below 150w 14000K HQI) and I could make room for a medium-light colony. Anything that requires intense lighting is out of question. The monti cap occupies 6" in the middle top. To the left I have 5 acros and my ORA BOP. To the right of the cap I have three montis and a birdsnest, with room for a tiny frag. I do have space for a tiny colony/large frag behind the rock structure in the worst case scenario. I need to get new fragging tools. :(

Ooh what two chemicals? :lol: jk, don't tell me, then I might actually try it

Hmm probably didn't like the sudden drop? But birdsnests are usually more hardy than acros..

Couldn't you move the monti caps down to make more space?

that does not look like a spongodes. i was like what spongodes. you are crazy. and you are the one who brought up the topic of post count, when you did, i looked at mine. just realized im almost to 6,000.

it looks more like a pagoda.

Nope. The polyp extension is crazy! The polyps are so plump that I can't enjoy the electric green skin. ORA's picture of the Spongodes is with the polyps retracted.

Ooh what two chemicals? :lol: jk, don't tell me, then I might actually try it

Hmm probably didn't like the sudden drop? But birdsnests are usually more hardy than acros..

Couldn't you move the monti caps down to make more space?

Yeah, they hated the drop. I hope I don't get any RTN, but I don't think I will since these guys are so hardy. I'm thinking the bleaching is from lack of light and the sudden drop is helping it.

I LOVE that cap. Nicest red cap I've seen IMO. In my vision for the tank, I had the cap right in the top center, as you can see in my first tank video where I was planning. It pulls the tank together. What I may end up doing is buying an electric green one to go right under it on the bare part of the rock it's on, but I would have to move the acro that you guys have never seen before. Maybe one day I'll post some pics. :)

actually...tell me the chemicals. i want to try. API test kit, right?

Yup, API. I have my phosphate and my nitrate additives out in the same area. I only thought one was out, so I use the two bottles next to each other. I didn't see any color with the recommended drops, so I upped the amount. I did 5ml of tank water, 14 drops of phosphate bottle #1 and 20 drops of nitrate bottle #2. If it wasn't bottle #2, it was bottle #1. I put the cap on and shook it up at 7 drops for phosphate and 10 drops for nitrate, and shook again after the second round of additives. I think I created Nitric Phosphate, which is used as a granular fertilizer according to Google.

really? what's wrong with saying cool? it's cool and i want to try. that's it.

i miss kazooie :(

did he say anything about were he went?

and why are you complaining about me posting 'ok' and 'cool' when you spam my thread with a somewhat clever joke?

I gave you a simple request twice, now thrice, and you have violated it twice. If the post is not reef-related, don't post it in this thread. You can stay and follow my rules or you can leave. You're deathly annoying.

Post # 1,224.

And this brings me to my next point. SF_Tron is commenting on topic and making a joke. That is okay to do occasionally to make the topic fun. 90% of his posts are reef-related, and about 10% of yours are, Squared.

euphy do you frag?

Do you kitten? :P

Yush, I dose frag. :)

i don't remeber that post. i meant your SPS. since this is your SPS thread.

so you completely ignore the fact that you spam my thread? i don't complain. i could complain. but it dosn't last, same as it dosn't last in this thread.

euphy, i make tons of reef related posts. the only problems i have with that today is here. because of you.

i don't know if you are trying to start a debate, but you did, so it would be nice if you stopped please. i asked you a simple question, and you didn't have to answer it so rudely.

and don't forget i was gone for 10 days, so im not looking through 10 days of posts looking for what kazooie said.

please stop trolling me :( because i feel your hostility and my troll sense is tingling

it's not like im trying to be a nuiscence. you spam too.

i deleted my posts to say im sorry

you can delete yours to make your thread clean again

after this i won't post in your thread

i can delete this one too if you want

i deleted my posts to say im sorry

you can delete yours to make your thread clean again

after this i won't post in your thread

i can delete this one too if you want

Thanks. I appreciate it. :)

From now on, no spamming. Prosecutors will be violated.

Fish still have their internal parasites. I think the male caught one from the female. <_<

Thinking of soaking their food in PraziPro.

what are the symptoms of internal parasites?

i wonder if my blenny has one, he is always skinny.

Bloated stomach, listlessness, lack of appetite, etc.

so do you think my blenny dosn't have a internal parasite?

I think your blenny has an eating disorder.

i saw that he had transparent poo...but it wasn't stringy. what could that mean?

i have metro, is that what you feed your clowns?

i saw that he had transparent poo...but it wasn't stringy. what could that mean?

i have metro, is that what you feed your clowns?

You're metro? :huh:

I feed my clowns a rotation of frozen foods, such as Rod's Original, PE Mysis, Spirulina Enhanced Brine, etc.

Found this guy, which led to a bunch of pictures and a small WC. Hopefully this one doesn't get big and ugly like the one in my RSM 130. :lol:

19a8v4.jpg

I mentioned somewhere a few pages back that someday I would share pictures of a never before seen coral from the tank. It was sold to me as a millepora a while back when I was new to SPS. It was brown when I got it and it slowly turned green, then purple. Looks great with the new low ites/ates.

mbmxip.jpg

It was directly under the monti cap, but to the left. The monti cap blocked out all the light, so I was forced to move it to a location where I can enjoy it more, because you couldn't see it in the other spot. This guy has HUGE polyps. Like 1cm giants.

339k9qf.jpg

And... OMG!! THE TIPS TURNED PURPLE!! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

33n7tqs.jpg

^ You can see the Tyree Lime in the Sky in the bottom right corner with it's new spot. Lost the blue tip. :(

Oh hey... It's not an orange digi. It's a Forest Fire Digi! :happy:

2jcdklk.jpg

Oh yeah... The tan w/ silber polyp birdy has made the transition from a blonde to a ginger. I kinda liked it better the other way. Can't really see the red in the pic, but it's there more than ever.

xn8byb.jpg

BONDING TIME!! :D

259l6au.jpg

He bit my hand. :(

Archived