Top Shelf Aquatics

Euphyllia's BioCube 29 HQI ~ FTS PAGE 93

Euphyllia

SouthFlorida_Tron

The lit definently helps, just get some chaeto and ur growth will take off.....that was my experience.

Looking mad good tho fa sho euphy...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The lit definently helps, just get some chaeto and ur growth will take off.....that was my experience.

Looking mad good tho fa sho euphy...

I have a 40w lamp with a new bulb. I need to rig up a stand behind the tank for it tomorrow. Should I run it on my lighting schedule? I can plug it into the timer. I'll be at a few different LFS this weekend so I'll get my chaeto and GFO then.

SouthFlorida_Tron

U may not even need the GFO... Rn the fuge light opposite the display, to stabilize the pH swing :)

Look into that clamp I showed u... Cost like $6.99 guy said.

I'm thinking of ditching my PHOSban (GFO) n seeing if phosphates are still absorbed by chaeto, but for now, safer than sorry lol

U may not even need the GFO... Rn the fuge light opposite the display, to stabilize the pH swing :)

Look into that clamp I showed u... Cost like $6.99 guy said.

I'm thinking of ditching my PHOSban (GFO) n seeing if phosphates are still absorbed by chaeto, but for now, safer than sorry lol

Will it be bad for the tank if I run it during the lighting period? I only have one timer.

28g nano noob
Will it be bad for the tank if I run it during the lighting period? I only have one timer.

i run mine 24/7 and i havent noticed a ph swing besides in the am its like 8.2 and b4 bed its 8.4

SouthFlorida_Tron

I ran it 24/7 for a bit, but now just 11pm-130pm

U can run it 24/7, it just grows way faster, and I don't want to trim it as often :P

EDIT: I don't want a light in my room while I'm sleeping, so I'll just run it during my photoperiod.

28g nano noob
I ran it 24/7 for a bit, but now just 11pm-130pm

U can run it 24/7, it just grows way faster, and I don't want to trim it as often :P

ya u ant kidding i have a intank try in my middle chamber the bottom and middle is full of chateo and now its comeing up through the top

ya u ant kidding i have a intank try in my middle chamber the bottom and middle is full of chateo and now its comeing up through the top

Haha, media baskets are pointless. :lol:

28g nano noob

So true I have 2 of the intank ones but hey it holds the chato or how ever u spell it up to my nano glow that fuge light rocks

SouthFlorida_Tron

My basket MAKES my BioCube tick, well, and my aqua illumination.

Running the fuge during photoperiod and not at night will cause a pH fluctuation. Run it 24/7.

So true I have 2 of the intank ones but hey it holds the chato or how ever u spell it up to my nano glow that fuge light rocks

If the chaeto does well and I have some extra money, I may get the nano glow later on. :)

My basket MAKES my BioCube tick, well, and my aqua illumination.

Running the fuge during photoperiod and not at night will cause a pH fluctuation. Run it 24/7.

Ugh. So I'll have to run it at night either way? <_<

28g nano noob

Lol my tanks in my room and the only light on is the light blasting through my over flow from the nano glow damn that things bright

Lol my tanks in my room and the only light on is the light blasting through my over flow from the nano glow damn that things bright

The lamp I have will be outside the tank and some light will escape and reflect off the wall.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Squeeze a towel up between tank and wall, should cover it...

Yes, fuge lights are meant to run 24/7 or while tank lights are off...to stabilize pH so yes!

Clear!? Hahahaha

Squeeze a towel up between tank and wall, should cover it...

Yes, fuge lights are meant to run 24/7 or while tank lights are off...to stabilize pH so yes!

Clear!? Hahahaha

Got it. :)

Params:

Alk - 8.6

Ca - 435

Mg - 1290

I figured out how much to dose and when to keep my alk stable. Calcium never gets used up, and I need to bump up my magnesium, even though I've been dosing for three days and it hasn't changed. :lol:

What r u using for mag and how much?

Also, nitrates?

I use Reef Advantage Magnesium by Seachem. I've been dosing 1/3 of what it suggested to dose for the past three days in hopes that it will raise it slowly, but it hasn't raised the mag at all. I dosed 2/3 of what it suggested today and I'll see if it's up to par tomorrow.

To be honest, I don't test for nitrates, nitrites, ammonias or phosphates. I have kits for them but they don't work, and I'm not going to spend $30 on a test kit to test for something that I can prevent. I mean, if there a bit of nitrates or something, what can you do about it if you do weekly water changes, run carbon, GFO, cut back on feedings and have chaeto? I'm getting my chaeto and GFO tomorrow and I'm still working to find something around the house that I can put behind the tank to hold up the lamp.

I rigged up an "adult nightlight". :lol:

x3vf2g.jpg

Smashed a box, stuck it behind the tank, put an old lamp on it and aimed it into the built-in fuge area. Lights up pretty well. I'll see how it affects the temperature.

Get that alk uppp

Good luck with the Seachem mag, I hope it works! :)

Meh... I've learned not to chase parameters. It may be a good idea to raise it slowly so that a drop won't kill the tank. I'll try to get it up to 10, which isn't too far away. :)

EDIT: I dosed 7.5ml yesterday to bump it from 7.7 to 8.6. Today I had dosed 5ml to keep it stable at 8.6, but I just dosed 2.5ml more to prevent problems from drops. Thanks Yoshii. :)

what makes it adult?

Inside joke. :P

Well if ur tanks in your room like mine then we have wat u call grown up night lights lol
SouthFlorida_Tron

ya, sounds about right, i started at 1ml in my 14, and stayed under 1300. bumped it to 4, shot it up to 1475, and now steady at 3ml at 1450 every test. and its funny, now that i leveled out the magnesium, i have coraline popping up everywhere! and zomg, i have to PM u pics of growth on some corals... its ridiculous

Archived