Pod Your Reef

Euphyllia's BioCube 29 HQI ~ FTS PAGE 93

Euphyllia

On the third 25m dip. Finished the SPS, starting to zoas. :)

EDIT: During the dip, the Green Bali Slimer bleached a tiny bit and the other Green Slimer browned. The Palmer's Blue Mille looks better than ever.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This tank is awesome :) The new goodies look great!

My flashlight is giving me a seizure. One of the LEDs is blinking rapidly. I was banging it on a bucket to get it to stop and then the one across from is started to blink slowly. It's like :BLINK.... BLINK.... blink blink blink blink:

You'll have to see it. I may put it in my next tank video. :lol:

EDIT: Lulzerz, that's the intro to the new video. You can enjoy it tomorrow. :)

bwoodward0012

that purple milli looks like doo doo. you should give it to me so it doesn't make your tank look like doo doo too. ill even let you pay for shipping.

SouthFlorida_Tron
that purple milli looks like doo doo. you should give it to me so it doesn't make your tank look like doo doo too. ill even let you pay for shipping.

:bowdown:

Cool stuff! My problem now is finding where to put Frags lol

I ended up putting the zoas and the tan/green slimer on the sand. There was barely enough room for the Palmer's Blue Mille (got the ID wrong earlier, sorry) and the Bali Green Slimer. The Palmer's Blue Mille is to the left of the Bright Red Monti Cap and the Bali Green Slimer is at 10:30PM relative to the Blue Acropora awi. Will get pictures a video up on YouTube tomorrow!

I look doo doo! :P

The new tank video is rendering. It focuses mainly on my new corals. It should be available on YouTube within two hours.

Nice flashlight! :lol:

Looks good so far! :)

Teehee, did you like the part about needing a scooter to survive? :lol:

And I got all the naughty words out, correct? :huh:

Are these out takes from fast n furious Tokyo drift? Lol

(music)

:lol: The next song is American music. :P

New corals look good :)

Yup, thanks! My favorite is the Magician/Blue Agave sort of palys. Since these guys don't have a name, I feel like calling them Magical Orgasm Agave Palythoas. :D

What and how do you feed your SPS? I want to start trying to keep some when I figure out how to keep my nitrates near 0. My nitrates seem to stay between 8 and 10 no matter what I do. I started dosing vodka but stopped because cyano started popping up all over the tank. I think I need to try 10% water change each week instead of 20% every other week for a while and see if that helps. Your tank is awesome.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I think euphy does RN's Oyster Feast. As do I. It hits all aspects of the reef.

Also, as far as ur issue, try a fuge... Fixed my nitrates, as did euphy's lo

20% weekly doesn't hurt... I do 2gal out of 12ish every Monday... (14gal but liverock etc)

No feeding of SPS is needed. If you have fish and good lighting, it provides all of the nutrients they need.

Also, you need to be carful when using oyster eggs. They can foul a tank fast if you use too much.

I have a 10g sump with some kind of macro( i was told it was chaeto but I don't think it is) and a protein skimmer. This helped bring it down to the stable levels of nitrate I have. For the light on the sump I am using a reptile heat lamp I had with just a regular spiral household flourescent bulb. Maybe I need better lighting for the macro. It seems to be healthy but doesn't grow very fast so I wonder if my nutrient export could be better if it grew faster. I think I will try larger water changes. Maybe 6 gallons a week which should be about 20%. I have a 29g biocube with a 10g sump but I have a lot of live rock in my tank.

What and how do you feed your SPS? I want to start trying to keep some when I figure out how to keep my nitrates near 0. My nitrates seem to stay between 8 and 10 no matter what I do. I started dosing vodka but stopped because cyano started popping up all over the tank. I think I need to try 10% water change each week instead of 20% every other week for a while and see if that helps. Your tank is awesome.

I used to feed RN's Oyster Feast and have had good results. After I added my clowns I've got a nutrient export issue, so I started feeding the fish once every two or three days and I cut the Oyster Feast all together. For water changes, I do a 20% whenever I get around to it, usually more often than once per week (maybe every 5 days or so).

I think euphy does RN's Oyster Feast. As do I. It hits all aspects of the reef.

Also, as far as ur issue, try a fuge... Fixed my nitrates, as did euphy's lo

20% weekly doesn't hurt... I do 2gal out of 12ish every Monday... (14gal but liverock etc)

Refugiums are awesomesauce. It's fun to grow chaeto! :lol:

No feeding of SPS is needed. If you have fish and good lighting, it provides all of the nutrients they need.

Also, you need to be carful when using oyster eggs. They can foul a tank fast if you use too much.

So true. I have seen no difference since I slowed down on Oyster Feast. Not sure if it was the Oyster Feast that caused the nutrient export problem, but it could have, combined with feeding the clowns.

Thanks. Next time I'm in the city I'll pick one up.

Not necessary. You can get that light if you want, but what I did was drive two screw things into the wall behind the tank and put a clamp-on lamp with a bendy neck on the screws. Then I bent the neck of the lamp to desire so it was pointed directly on the chaeto. I switched out the bulb of the lamp for a 5000K fluorescent 14w = 60w bulb.

2n1rl3s.jpg

I got everything I needed for the fuge setup at Home Depot for around $15, but I'm sure they carry similar lamps as Lowes. It lights up very well and doubles as a night light! :lol:

That looks like a fire in the making lol, does it get hot?

Nope. It's fluorescent, so it doesn't get hot at all. The golden lamp that I had on the box got hotter than my halide. This lamp doesn't even get half as hot as the halide.

Archived