inTank Media Baskets

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Well here's the boat

ski-and-wakeboard-boat-deck-boat-76871.jpg

Annnnddddd here's the boat I was on

empire%20louisiana%20boat%20wreck.jpg

You have so much new open space and that threw me off, looked like it was in a much larger tank. But that is so pretty! I love it too omgomgomg

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gena it's beautiful! Love it!

Well here's the boat

ski-and-wakeboard-boat-deck-boat-76871.jpg

Annnnddddd here's the boat I was on

empire%20louisiana%20boat%20wreck.jpg

You have so much new open space and that threw me off, looked like it was in a much larger tank. But that is so pretty! I love it too omgomgomg

OMG!

Omg! I LOVE it. It's even prettier than mine. Nice shot of it too :)

I'm really happy with the color. It's pinkish like I hoped! I have more pictures that I took of it yesterday, but haven't gotten around to downloading them yet.

gena it's beautiful! Love it!

Thanks, Randi!!! Can't wait to see what you pick up today :)

So coo! I just watched your video too, too cool.

Thanks, pat :) That video was made a couple of years ago. It was fun to do. That's the one and only video I've ever done on one of my tanks. I think I need to do another for the NC12!!!!!

:lol:

I do have a lot more sandbed opened up now. Not sure how long that will last though!

Thanks, pat :) That video was made a couple of years ago. It was fun to do. That's the one and only video I've ever done on one of my tanks. I think I need to do another for the NC12!!!!!

You really should. I love taking videos.

You really should. I love taking videos.

My favorite part is picking music to go along with the video. The music is what really makes it, for me!

Definitely, I've had to use the youtube stock music, but I try to get one that goes with the video.

Have you seen this one?

I hadn't! Very nice! The music fits perfectly! Cute clown...hosting in the palys. Mine hasn't taken to any coral yet. He is being hosted by my surface skimmer :lol:

I hadn't! Very nice! The music fits perfectly! Cute clown...hosting in the palys. Mine hasn't taken to any coral yet. He is being hosted by my surface skimmer :lol:

That's pretty funny. Mine has 2 RBTA's to choose from, but won't leave her paly's for anything! :lol:

Haha, nice. When I had mine they hosted a glass thermometer, so I guess its not that abnormal :lol:

This is who got me into fish :)

My dad raised guppies as a kid and would sell them to pet stores. He's always had fish and these were after he was married and had us kids. I would love to have one of these old metal aquariums!

fishtanks.jpg

This is why us kids got hooked. My dad and brother 1971:

fishtanks2.jpg

This is the cabinet he built. My mom made him take it down because I would always try to climb it to see the fish. She was afraid it would fall down on me!!!! Bad me :) I loved this tank and the angel fish...I was so sad when it was taken down!!!!

fishtanks3.jpg

That's really sweet. Its great that you have those photos, and those tanks looked like they were pretty awesome. :)

I was going through all the old photos and was soooo happy to find these!

BTW...my one "good" magician polyp (the one that only slightly opened) is looking TERRIBLE now. I really don't think it's going to make it :(

BTW...my one "good" magician polyp (the one that only slightly opened) is looking TERRIBLE now. I really don't think it's going to make it :(

Oh crap! I was hoping it would just take a couple days for them to recover. Mine still look exactly the same as when I got them. :(

Oh crap! I was hoping it would just take a couple days for them to recover. Mine still look exactly the same as when I got them. :(

Mine definitely have the "I'm not going to make it" look to them. Such a shame! I've never lost a paly like that. Zoas yes, but not palys.

The tank will be 9 months old tomorrow so new tank shot!!!!!

fts11-7.jpg

I fed the brain today..first time. It loved the bits of shrimp :)

brain2.jpg

This FTS is after the tear down for worm hunt. You can see I pretty much got it back to how it used to be. I did end up getting rid of the gorgonian. I just couldn't find a great place for it. Maybe I'll get another someday...it was pretty cool.

Those pics are so cool gena, I wish I had some of my baby pictures....

Ack I will cross my fingers for your palys.... ;)

I know! I'm so glad I have them. My mom is remarried now so she's ok with us kids taking photos of our dad with us.

I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause on the palys :( One of my hermits ate a polyp this morning.

The tank will be 9 months old tomorrow so new tank shot!!!!!

fts11-7.jpg

I fed the brain today..first time. It loved the bits of shrimp :)

brain2.jpg

This FTS is after the tear down for worm hunt. You can see I pretty much got it back to how it used to be. I did end up getting rid of the gorgonian. I just couldn't find a great place for it. Maybe I'll get another someday...it was pretty cool.

Looking good! I love that brain you got!

Well...I'm stuck home waiting for FedEx to deliver our new iPhones :happydance: So I decided to take more photos. I'm so not a technology person. I've had my pink razr phone for years and have been perfectly content. My husband decided he needed a new phone so I get one too. I'm actually kind of excited about it :) I chose the white one....see I'm more about color than function :lol:

Anyways....this is a rarely seen side shot of the tank. The ammonia detector is there since I just messed with my tank A LOT. I'm paranoid of a spike, but so far so good:

sideshot-1.jpg

My nuc greens and purple deaths. Can't wait for these to start growing. I just started feeding them cyclopeeze today. Hopefully they'll thrive on that and my double water change per week.

nucpurplefrags.jpg

Looking good! I love that brain you got!

Thanks, Felicia!!!! I love it too. I hope it does well for me!!! fingerscrossed

Your tank looks amazing! Can't wait to see your new firefish :)

Thanks so much!!!! I haven't gotten confirmation yet...but she should be here tomorrow :happy:

That brain is beautiful!

4s or 4? :) they are awesome. Download iMovie, all my movies are edited with only that. It makes making movies easy

Archived