Coral Vue Hydros

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Sounds like it's going well! I'm looking forward to having my frag set up going soon! More of my ricordeas have grown extra mouths but I'm waiting for the new tank to be up to frag them. I can only hope it will turn out half as well as this! And I'm definitely stealing your soap dish idea for macros! :happy:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LMAO I know! At least the tank is not pooping everywhere! ;)

Definitely! Hairballs, poop, stink, cat hair. Yuck!

I wanted a cat when I was in college so D. took me to a lady's house that we found in the classifieds. OMG! Crazy Cat Lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You couldn't even walk into her home/trailer because your eyes would water. It was a disaster. The city was actually making her get rid of the cats because of the "problem". We politely left. When I think back now, we should have rescued one of her cats, but it was so nasty.

Sounds like it's going well! I'm looking forward to having my frag set up going soon! More of my ricordeas have grown extra mouths but I'm waiting for the new tank to be up to frag them. I can only hope it will turn out half as well as this! And I'm definitely stealing your soap dish idea for macros! :happy:

My frag set up has been taken over by macros :lol: I still have some kenya frags in there though.

Everyone needs a soap basket in their tank :lol:

I haven't decided how to tell my husband that I don't want to sell the BC yet. :lol: I want to move it to the basement where heat won't be an issue and use it for holding frags and extra macro/chaeto plus it can be my 'pod culture' when I get a mandarin someday. I'm hoping to put the frag rack I got in there plus some soap dishes. And then I'll put my baby mini minis in there as mine split too. It can be a fish QT tank too so I won't end up with another sick clown.

I haven't decided how to tell my husband that I don't want to sell the BC yet. :lol: I want to move it to the basement where heat won't be an issue and use it for holding frags and extra macro/chaeto plus it can be my 'pod culture' when I get a mandarin someday. I'm hoping to put the frag rack I got in there plus some soap dishes. And then I'll put my baby mini minis in there as mine split too. It can be a fish QT tank too so I won't end up with another sick clown.

I think that sounds like a logical idea. What works for me.....tell him you will be making money off the things in the BC ;)

I could really use a 3rd. soap basket, but I dont have the room for it :rolleyes:

mikeawesome
Where did you buy the soap baskets, Gena? They really are a neat idea and work perfectly.

I got the same one and bought mine at target. ~$4

surgicalsense
Where did you buy the soap baskets, Gena? They really are a neat idea and work perfectly.

Bed, bath and beyond :P use them coupons!

* I am glad A is feeling better. Geesh a sinus infection, no matter it kicked his butt for so long.

Thanks guys! Now I know where to get one in case I ever need one.

Agreed, I'm glad he's feeling better, Gena! I get sinus infections during allergy season and they're the worst.

surgicalsense

Sorry Gena ... please text me on my daughters number. I am unable to access your last text. The phone is a mess. Sorry about that.

Thanks guys! Now I know where to get one in case I ever need one.

Agreed, I'm glad he's feeling better, Gena! I get sinus infections during allergy season and they're the worst.

Thanks, Felica :) This season has been terrible, as far as allergies. Or maybe mine just get worse the older I get. But, my son has been suffering more this year too.

Sorry Gena ... please text me on my daughters number. I am unable to access your last text. The phone is a mess. Sorry about that.

Done :)

surgicalsense

Was there any macro you wanted to toss in with my parcel to Sara? The Danyello macro is just about grown out again, so I will be sending it very soon.

Was there any macro you wanted to toss in with my parcel to Sara? The Danyello macro is just about grown out again, so I will be sending it very soon.

Yes, I have a few things to include.

I'm bringing some to CJ as well, on Wednesday. I could give Sara's to you on Wed. if that works.

surgicalsense
This was the first post I opened and this just made my day! :D I needed that! Thanks Gena

Danyello!

:lol: ... your welcomed.

Thanks, Felica :) This season has been terrible, as far as allergies. Or maybe mine just get worse the older I get. But, my son has been suffering more this year too.

I think this season has been a bad one for everyone. The pollen count has been really high and people I know that don't normally have allergies were even having issues. Hopefully allergy season is almost over.

ScubaEthan
Gena, your frag tank makes me really want to start one! My apartment is just so small that with more than one tank in here I kind of look like the crazy fish lady :lol:

I'll just have to admire yours :)

hahaha I'm in the exact same boat! I even have two tanks and a sump just waiting for me to have the room.

I had soap baskets before Gena! :ninja:

Jacob042426
I think this season has been a bad one for everyone. The pollen count has been really high and people I know that don't normally have allergies were even having issues. Hopefully allergy season is almost over.

i am home with a sinus infection today. :( allergies are terrible. i am allergic to everything. :tears:

No allergies for me B)

Haha sorry that was mean :P I can sympathize with everyone though because my boyfriend gets them baaaad... His sinuses get clogged but his nose constantly runs but he can't blow it cuz its so clogged... Long story short he just sticks kleenex up his nose and leaves it there while we're at home :D

This was the first post I opened and this just made my day! :D I needed that! Thanks Gena and Danyello!

You're welcome :happy:

I had soap baskets before Gena! :ninja:

Soap baskets have been around in reef tanks for years :P But, I'll give you credit :flower:

So many allergies up in here today :lol: I never take anything but herbal tea for mine. Tea is the miracle cure for everything.....well, for me anyways. My favorite right now is TAZO "Calm". It's fantastic!

In tank news....I've decided to take major evasive action on the bryopsis in my tank. Today I dosed 20ml of Kent Tech-M and will add 10ml more tomorrow to raise the mag to 1800. My mag already runs high at 1500. Hopefully nothing will die from it besides the bryopsis. We'll see what happens in a couple of weeks. It was definitely weakened by the dosing today. I was able to rip out a bunch.

I'm most concerned about my brittle stars. They are my secretive little babies and I'd hate to lose them. Some mushrooms (not ricordeas) are a little shriveled today. My magicians aren't happy today either. Though they haven't been happy for a couple of days. Not sure what's up with them. Hopefully they are just being moody.

Fingers crossed that this mag. dosing does the trick.

Spirofucci

Allergies, yuk. I had terrible allergies in LA, and then when I moved to Texas they have all but gone. You need to move to Florida!

How is everything Gena? I feel like I dropped off the face of the planet recently. I'm overwhelmed at work and flunked 3 of my 4 classes this semester. I just can't seem to pull it together lately!

ScubaEthan
Soap baskets have been around in reef tanks for years :P But, I'll give you credit :flower:

I'm most concerned about my brittle stars. They are my secretive little babies and I'd hate to lose them.

:lol:

Mine too! They were the first inhabitants in my tank that are easily seen with the naked eye. Before the tank filled up, I could count 12+ at a time! They are so cute. Hope the mag dosing works fingerscrossed

Archived