Coral Vue Hydros

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Awesome!!!

I can't wait to this up and running. The bulb combo you chose is the same one I have planned for my 65

Should look a amazing

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So excited about your T5s!

I've been looking at some of the fixtures, but so many of them either seem really cheaply made, or are grotesquely expensive. I can't wait to hear how you like this one in the long run.

I can't wait to see where you go with this tank :D

Awesome!!!

I can't wait to this up and running. The bulb combo you chose is the same one I have planned for my 65

Should look a amazing

I'm really excited to see the light running on the stocked tank!!!!! I think the colors are gonna really pop in there. I already see a difference in how they look from the transfer to the macro tank. That's T5 but just a two bulb combo. Can't wait!!!!!!

Love that ric garden of yours. :)

Thank you :) I'm gonna duplicate it in the 28g tank!!!!

So excited about your T5s!

I've been looking at some of the fixtures, but so many of them either seem really cheaply made, or are grotesquely expensive. I can't wait to hear how you like this one in the long run.

I can't wait to see where you go with this tank :D

Thanks :) This fixture seems to be very well made. I really feel I lucked out on the price, $77 for a $200+ fixture. It's refurbished so I have no idea what the issue was originally. It's basically a brand new fixture. It seems to be very durable and sturdy. I'll definitely let know know in a few months time though, what I really think of it.

surgicalsense
My husband got off work early today because of the holiday weekend so we went to the hardware store and got the wood top for my stand...YAY!!!!!! He says it will be done by Monday. He has to cut it, stain it and seal it. I can't wait. Looks like next week the tank will have water, sand, and live rock in it :D

:happydance:

... I can't wait to visit again to see the actual set up. It is a sleek looking tank.

Awesome!

Must have build pics! :P

There's not much of a build though. The legs are already done and the top is just being stained. It's sitting out in the sun right now drying. I'll try to get a photo for you soon :)

... I can't wait to visit again to see the actual set up. It is a sleek looking tank.

If you stop by on Friday, it should be running :)

surgicalsense
There's not much of a build though. The legs are already done and the top is just being stained. It's sitting out in the sun right now drying. I'll try to get a photo for you soon :)

If you stop by on Friday, it should be running :)

:D

Did you hike today?

Here are photos of the new stand. The 2nd coat of varnish is on. It's not quite as red as it looks in the photos....don't know what's up with that :lol: Now I'm jut waiting for it to cure :)

newstand.jpg

newstand3.jpg

newstand2.jpg

Wow! That stand looks really nice!

Thanks! It looks nice. I'm going to try to find an old wooden box with a lid to store things underneath it. It will be challenging to try to hide wires on this thing. I also have to be careful not to drip saltwater on the metal :lol: I like how it turned out though. It has that industrial look we were going for :)

It looks awesome! It's hard to tell, but it looks like you could enclose the front and side with the same wood if you wanted to.

Looks Awesome! I love the color of the wood!

+1, looks great!

It looks awesome! It's hard to tell, but it looks like you could enclose the front and side with the same wood if you wanted to.

Thanks you guys :)

I probably could enclose it, but I like the look of the metal. I think I'll be able to run wires down behind the legs and probably just use black zip ties to hold them in place. It should work out just fine.

Table is officially done. Now we have to move some furniture to make room for the stand/tank omgomgomg

Tomorrow I'll be filling it with sand and water and probably Wed. I'll get my rock :)

Hi, I saw your spectacular tank and I'm really jealous, but I have one quick question:

I'm going to my LFS in about two hours and was wondering which coral you think is the most fun to keep.

I LOVE the new stand, Gena! And, I agree, I like the industrial/vintage look of the exposed metal so I wouldn't cover it. Your idea of running the wires behind the legs with zip-ties will probably work. Those white plastic tubes that stick to the wall to hold cords also work great. I have one disguising the wires running from my hanging lamp fixture down to behind the stand and it looks really clean. They're pretty cheap too, so I bet that would work well for hiding all your wires.

Here's what I used, but they also sell thicker ones for multiple wires.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-20...p;storeId=10051

surgicalsense

Gena, it is beautiful!!! It is going to match your decor to a T. D, did a excellent job. He is skilled anyways.

I hiked Sunday with the kids and then drove to North Edwards to visit a friend of mine that Saturday.

Hi, I saw your spectacular tank and I'm really jealous, but I have one quick question:

I'm going to my LFS in about two hours and was wondering which coral you think is the most fun to keep.

Mushrooms!!!!! They are my favorite :) Sorry I didn't see this sooner. What did you get? And, thank you :happy:

I LOVE the new stand, Gena! And, I agree, I like the industrial/vintage look of the exposed metal so I wouldn't cover it. Your idea of running the wires behind the legs with zip-ties will probably work. Those white plastic tubes that stick to the wall to hold cords also work great. I have one disguising the wires running from my hanging lamp fixture down to behind the stand and it looks really clean. They're pretty cheap too, so I bet that would work well for hiding all your wires.

Here's what I used, but they also sell thicker ones for multiple wires.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-20...p;storeId=10051

Thanks, Felicia!!!!! Thanks for the link. I probably won't mess with the wires right away so I have time to figure out how to disguise them.

Gena, it is beautiful!!! It is going to match your decor to a T. D, did a excellent job. He is skilled anyways.

I hiked Sunday with the kids and then drove to North Edwards to visit a friend of mine that Saturday.

Thanks, Danielle!!!!!! It looks awesome in it's spot. The color matches perfectly. I'm so glad we went this route instead of the typical all wood stand :)

It was a beautiful day for a hike yesterday!!!!!!! I've started jogging again. I really get the best results from that. Something about summer makes me want to go outside and jog...and not just to look good in my bathing suit :lol:

-----------------

In tank news. The stand is in it's spot with the tank sitting on it. I'm washing sand today and going to get my saltwater and possibly rock. Can't wait!!!!!!!

I've decided how I'm going to stock this tank. I'm ditching all SPS. I'm selling off my birdsnest corals and the monti caps. I don't want to deal with the dosing that is necessary with them. This tank is going to be softies and my open brain. I may or may not do the candy canes. And I'm going to stock with a bunch of gorgonians!!!!!!!! This will be predominantly ricordeas and gorgonians. I will have macros too. Should be a tank I can easily leave for a few weeks when I go back to Indiana during the summer. I'm so excited!!!!!!

Any locals want to buy my pink birdsnest? I'm selling it for $25. I have a "rare" fuschia birdsnest that I'll sell for $20 and the green with pink polyp monti and red cap monti for $15 and $5 and a neon green bird for $5. The green bird is multiple small frags attached to a plug.

Let me know if interested.

Fuschia birdsnest

Neon green

Do you want my purple nano gorgorian? Take it!

you don't like it? I could trade the neon green for the gorg!

surgicalsense
you don't like it? I could trade the neon green for the gorg!

I do and it is doing well, but I do not think it is completely happy. The spikey orange is thriving like crazy in my tank But, I think it would do better in your tank.

Okay, we will trade that one :)

:lol: .. I am hesitant about the montis ... I would like the red one, but I have doubts I am going to kill it.

I do and it is doing well, but I do not think it is completely happy. The spikey orange is thriving like crazy in my tank But, I think it would do better in your tank.

Okay, we will trade that one :)

:lol: .. I am hesitant about the montis ... I would like the red one, but I have doubts I am going to kill it.

I'll give you the red one and the green bird for the gorg. That way you aren't out anything if it dies.

Archived