inTank Media Baskets

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

I wish you lived out here. I don't want to ship at all. I'd be afraid of it breaking in transit!!!!!!! To have someone pack it securely for me would cost an arm and a leg :lol: I'm definitely going the local sale route on this one...sorry :(

No worries I completely understand in that case can you put me 3rd or whatever you're at for the led's :)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the two soap dishes they had. I'm going to check back for 1-2 more when I get paid. I can't wait to see your new tank/stand in action!

surgicalsense
You'll have to stop by soon!!!!!

I asked him and he'll TAKE IT :lol: We'll have to find a spot in his room for it. I don't remember it at all so I'm curious to see it :)

When can I come by :happydance:

I like the idea of putting the tank on a vintage sewing machine stand. That will look really cool. I can't wait to see some photos of the progress on the upgrade.

No worries I completely understand in that case can you put me 3rd or whatever you're at for the led's :)

Will do!

That tank on a singer sewing stand? That is going to look fantastic, and soooo you!!

:lol: He took the original table off the legs last night and it looks fantastic. He also took the foot pedal off. I'm excited about it!!!!!! It will have an industrial look, which we both like.

I bought the two soap dishes they had. I'm going to check back for 1-2 more when I get paid. I can't wait to see your new tank/stand in action!

Oh :lol: It sounded like you bought 10!

When can I come by :happydance:

Tonight :);)

Pic of new tank? Even though there's nothing in it yet :P

Yes! Light fixture just came in about an hour ago, but I was in the middle of work so haven't even opened it yet. Soon as I finish my lunch I'm gonna open it :)

I like the idea of putting the tank on a vintage sewing machine stand. That will look really cool. I can't wait to see some photos of the progress on the upgrade.

Coming up!

I have the first official photos of the AE28!!!!!!!

I'm blown away by this light fixture. It was a refurbished from Amazon. It runs perfectly. It's brand new! I installed the ATI bulbs as well. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! The color :wub:

I don't know if you are checking in or not, rehype....but THANK YOU SO MUCH! You were spot on with the bulbs. They are perfect!!!!!!!

Here she is.........

AE28.jpg

AE28top.jpg

Moonlights:

moonlight-1.jpg

Thanks, guys!!!!!

They are ATI bulbs and they are 2x Blue Plus, 1 coral plus and 1 purple plus. I can't wait to see the coral color pop in that tank!!!!!!!

Spirofucci

Oh yes on the lights!! Probably too soon to ask, but what are you thinking of putting in there???

For sure, I'm adding my open brain coral, neon green toadstool, regular toadstool, both birdsnests, cabbage leather, palys, ricordeas, new mushrooms I picked up today (see macro thread), macroalgae, cloves, debating on monticaps.

I want to focus on soft corals and macroalgae for this tank. I won't be purchasing anymore sps. The ones I have are high maintenance enough!!!!!!! This will be a softy dominated tank.

I will add more LPS. I want some candy cane corals and a duncan. Hopefully Felicia's lavender lace variety!!!!!

I refuse to pack this one with tons of varieties of coral. I want just a few types to grow into nice big colonies. I think it looks so much better than a tank with everything and the kitchen sink :lol:

Well the lavender lace duncan is growing well, so soon it should become a big enough colony for me to get a few frags. Considering it started at 2 heads and now has about 6, its growing pretty quickly. :)

Well the lavender lace duncan is growing well, so soon it should become a big enough colony for me to get a few frags. Considering it started at 2 heads and now has about 6, its growing pretty quickly. :)

Yay!!!!! I think the lavender is sooo pretty :)

I'll pay you for it too in addition to the shipping cost. You might as well make some money off the hard work, nurturing, and care you put into them!!!!!

Yay!!!!! I think the lavender is sooo pretty :)

I'll pay you for it too in addition to the shipping cost. You might as well make some money off the hard work, nurturing, and care you put into them!!!!!

We'll work it out when the time comes, but there's a couple things you have that I'd love a frag of, so we can probably work out a trade instead :)

We'll work it out when the time comes, but there's a couple things you have that I'd love a frag of, so we can probably work out a trade instead :)

Let me know what you are interested in. I can frag it now and allow it to heal for a while so it's ready to go when you are ready :)

Spirofucci
For sure, I'm adding my open brain coral, neon green toadstool, regular toadstool, both birdsnests, cabbage leather, palys, ricordeas, new mushrooms I picked up today (see macro thread), macroalgae, cloves, debating on monticaps.

I want to focus on soft corals and macroalgae for this tank. I won't be purchasing anymore sps. The ones I have are high maintenance enough!!!!!!! This will be a softy dominated tank.

I will add more LPS. I want some candy cane corals and a duncan. Hopefully Felicia's lavender lace variety!!!!!

I refuse to pack this one with tons of varieties of coral. I want just a few types to grow into nice big colonies. I think it looks so much better than a tank with everything and the kitchen sink :lol:

Sounds purdy! Your fan club is waiting.

Can I claim a head when you're ready? A duncan is on my 'must have' list!

Gena, I can't wait to see what you do with this one! It's going to be fab! ;)

Let me know what you are interested in. I can frag it now and allow it to heal for a while so it's ready to go when you are ready :)

Let me think about that a bit and I'll let you know. You have so much pretty stuff, I'm not sure which one I want :)

Can I claim a head when you're ready? A duncan is on my 'must have' list!

Gena, I can't wait to see what you do with this one! It's going to be fab! ;)

Sure! As soon as I start fragging it, I'll put you guys first on the list for sales/trades. I just need to figure out how to frag it because its not the kind with each head on an individual stem you can just break off. All the heads grow very compacted together and the best way to frag it is to use one of those special coral frag saws or maybe a dremel (neither of which I have). I'll have to ask the guy I bought it from how he recommends I frag it.

Ok....just let me know when you know, Felicia :)

Thanks, Mark!

I hope so Sara. I think this tank will be a little more challenging for me since it's taller than what I'm used to. It will be a nice and I'm sure interesting change.

Today was the first day of "summer". It was so nice not to have to get up early and make breakfast, and pack a lunch for the kiddo, drive him to school, and pick him up :lol:

I took him and his girlfriend to lunch and a movie. We finally saw The Avengers. Great movie. We really enjoyed it a lot.

My husband got off work early today because of the holiday weekend so we went to the hardware store and got the wood top for my stand...YAY!!!!!! He says it will be done by Monday. He has to cut it, stain it and seal it. I can't wait. Looks like next week the tank will have water, sand, and live rock in it :D

Archived