Pod Your Reef

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Psst ... Gena..

I almost got the pink streaked wrasse today! But it died at the store before I got there... Maybe next week :D

Oh no! Of all the rotten luck. Oh well I guess it could have been worse and died in your tank :(

True, that's what I said to my boyfriend. The guy said it was because they got them smaller than normal, so maybe they were just too weak. He said hopefully next week or so they can get another for me.

surgicalsense

Morning ... sorry I did not ring you. Yesterday was a long day 12 hrs at the office. Let me know what your plans are for today? Also within the next two months, LA Zoo?

I have to run around and do several thing this morning, to get out of the way and not to waste my weekend doing them.

:)

+1

It's awesome! Love the macros and sponges. I need to check out live-plants.com.

Thanks! Definitely check out live-plants. They give way more than they say and everything is very healthy. It was an a+++++ experience :)

Will do, the hermits did graze on the weird lettuce like macro you gave me :) My pod population drop dramatically in the last week :blink: So I am hoping the cheato you gave me fixes that soon naturally. I do not want to buy the insta-pods :P

L finally saw the crab. He really likes it, because of the orange on it. It glowed under the light :lol:

That chaeto should have plenty of the teeny tiny pods in it. I'm glad L likes the crab :)

Psst ... Gena..

I almost got the pink streaked wrasse today! But it died at the store before I got there... Maybe next week :D

Oh man!!!!!!!! Well, at least you know they can get them!!!!!!

Morning ... sorry I did not ring you. Yesterday was a long day 12 hrs at the office. Let me know what your plans are for today? Also within the next two months, LA Zoo?

I have to run around and do several thing this morning, to get out of the way and not to waste my weekend doing them.

:)

I should be around all day today if you want to stop by. We can talk about LA Zoo, etc.

I want some sluts for my maxi mini shag rag!!

Oh....definitely!!!!! That's where they like to hang out the most!!!!

nathanq.inc

I wish my peppermint shrimp wasn't so mean! then I could get some. But I think they'd be eaten in my tank.

Oh Gena! I need you to come out here and bring some of your magic! My tank is like a bad horror film right now. :(

I wish my peppermint shrimp wasn't so mean! then I could get some. But I think they'd be eaten in my tank.

The jury is still out on whether or not my new cardinalfish ate a sexy shrimp. It makes me nervous for the little guys. I bet some sexies would be ok with your peppermint shrimp. They could just run to the maxi for protection!!!!!

Oh Gena! I need you to come out here and bring some of your magic! My tank is like a bad horror film right now. :(

Awe, sweety!!!!! I wish I was closer to help you out. Deep breaths. Your corals should be able to handle the anemone disaster with your expert care :happy:

nathanq.inc

Oh no! Innocent until proven guilty remember lol. I'm so very tempted to get some...

surgicalsense

Sorry I was busy all day running around with L, I was so side tracked.

Then while we were in your neck of the woods I ran into a friend I went to school with back in 93/94 :P when I was a scrub tech. Good grief I was 19 yrs old!

Gena, I think the FW goby ate the baby cherry shrimps :(

ScubaEthan
I want some sluts for my maxi mini shag rag!!

shag rag lol

The jury is still out on whether or not my new cardinalfish ate a sexy shrimp. It makes me nervous for the little guys.

Wait... you just got sexies and now they are gone? :angry:

Checked out live-plants.com. Looks like they are out of stock of some of the main stuff I would want so I'll be checking back. Thanks for the link!

Congrats on TOTM Gena! Just saw it.

Thanks, Pat :happy:

Oh no! Innocent until proven guilty remember lol. I'm so very tempted to get some...

I know!!!! I think you should get some!!!!

Sorry I was busy all day running around with L, I was so side tracked.

Then while we were in your neck of the woods I ran into a friend I went to school with back in 93/94 :P when I was a scrub tech. Good grief I was 19 yrs old!

Gena, I think the FW goby ate the baby cherry shrimps :(

Oh no!!!!!!!!!! Poor babies. I bet they were delicious little snacks :lol:

shag rag lol

Wait... you just got sexies and now they are gone? :angry:

Checked out live-plants.com. Looks like they are out of stock of some of the main stuff I would want so I'll be checking back. Thanks for the link!

I got 6 sexies. I now have 5. One went missing the first night. It was hanging around the fish so I have a tendency to blame the fish...but I have no proof. So far the others have been fine so I don't know?????? I've only lost one though.

:P Oh geesh, both of our new fish are eating the shrimp.

Just one ;)

surgicalsense
Just one ;)

All of my babys are gone :tears: the bumble bee goby ate them. I just have the adult cherry shrimp.

Well I will have a prego guppy soon. I am sure the goby will eat those babies, too.

All of my babys are gone :tears: the bumble bee goby ate them. I just have the adult cherry shrimp.

Well I will have a prego guppy soon. I am sure the goby will eat those babies, too.

He leaves the adult shrimp alone? I'm sure he'll eat those too (baby guppies)!!!!!! Do you have much moss in the tank? Lots of moss will help them to hide.

surgicalsense
He leaves the adult shrimp alone? I'm sure he'll eat those too (baby guppies)!!!!!! Do you have much moss in the tank? Lots of moss will help them to hide.

The adult shrimp is almost the size of the goby. There is a lot, but it is not super dense. I have also found several empty snail shells also. I am supecting that is the goby also. I am still trying to figure out what food source to get it. Because I never see it eat flakes that drop to the bottom, moving with the current.

ScubaEthan
I got 6 sexies. I now have 5. One went missing the first night. It was hanging around the fish so I have a tendency to blame the fish...but I have no proof. So far the others have been fine so I don't know?????? I've only lost one though.

Oh that's good! I mean not good, but good that your losses is at about 16.5%. Wait... did I do that math right? I suck at math lol. Hence why marine biology is how I spend money instead of how I make money :lol::huh:

The adult shrimp is almost the size of the goby. There is a lot, but it is not super dense. I have also found several empty snail shells also. I am supecting that is the goby also. I am still trying to figure out what food source to get it. Because I never see it eat flakes that drop to the bottom, moving with the current.

Oh...he's a pretty small goby then! I have no experience with them. Hopefully he won't be a difficult one to feed!!!!!

Oh that's good! I mean not good, but good that your losses is at about 16.5%. Wait... did I do that math right? I suck at math lol. Hence why marine biology is how I spend money instead of how I make money :lol::huh:

:lol: Math isn't my thing either!

________

I experimented last week with only one water change. I totally can tell a difference. I'm going back to two a week. I may end up losing the xenia that way, but the tank will look better over-all. I can always move xenia to my macro tank.

Trogdor447
I experimented last week with only one water change. I totally can tell a difference. I'm going back to two a week. I may end up losing the xenia that way, but the tank will look better over-all. I can always move xenia to my macro tank.

this may be why i can never keep xenia in my tank which is probably a good thing -> i was given heeps of it from time to time - never liked my tank though! Jeesh your tank is looking so good!

Archived