SaltCritters.com

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

surgicalsense

Sweet, looking good. Can I come by Friday instead? I will bring the red stuff clippings, I am going to zip tie with with a extra small line I have. Just stick them down some where.

I still want you to come by and see the revamped FW, looks so much better. Also the SW, just moved a few things around. Absolutely nothing drastic.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, funny Ethan, but I agree, totally. Very nice Gena!

Thanks, Mark :happy:

Sweet, looking good. Can I come by Friday instead? I will bring the red stuff clippings, I am going to zip tie with with a extra small line I have. Just stick them down some where.

I still want you to come by and see the revamped FW, looks so much better. Also the SW, just moved a few things around. Absolutely nothing drastic.

Totally. Friday works fine for me. I hate sitting in traffic anyways :lol: The usual time?

Whenever you want me to stop by to see the FW and SW changes, just let me know.

Only a couple more weeks!

I know omgomgomg Looking forward to it :) Should we try to get a few people together????? We have to figure out who all is local and might want to join us.

Oh...and one of the maxis decided to move last night. Only about 2 inches north :lol:

surgicalsense
Up to you guys I just wanna go to vivid lol

OoOoO I see how it is :lol: What where the dates again?

Deckoz2302

14-17th is when I'll be in town. 16th I don't have anything to do just ffa day. 17th I leave at 7am Mon and Tuesday night I'm not doing anything after the dinners. Supply the cali goods lol

I wish I could join in the fun!

Is your FW substrate something called fluorite by any chance? I saw it at the store today and thought it looked similar. I may tear down the Glofish tank and turn it into a planted tank this weekend if I can find the right substrate and some nice plants!

Hey Gena! Wow! I missed a TON!

That new frag tank is gorgeous! After the changes it really looks more like a beautiful 10 gallon nano than just a frag tank. I can't wait until you have some frags ready to trade with us! I'm hoping to start fragging soon but I'm nervous to do it and I really don't have the right tools yet, or a frag rack and plugs. I've got to figure out a system for how I want to do things when I start fragging.

Your ricordea are sooooo colorful and you have such a variety. Every time I see photos of yours, it makes me get the itch to buy more for my mini ricodea garden. Oh, and those maxi minis were a steal! Sooo cool!

Any chance its time for a new FTS of the main tank and the cute little freshwater? :D

Oh, and I'm jealous you're all meeting up with Brad and going to Vivid! Too bad LA is 6.5 hours from here :(

How did I miss your tank on the home page?! Congrats!!!!! I'm so glad you finally got TOTM! You've deserved it for quite a while now. Gena, you seriously have a green thumb with reef tanks. I hope mine looks half as good as yours at some point! :flower:

I'm down. Why are the plans?

Also, CONGRATS!

:lol: It's a long way to go, Jordan!!!!! And thanks!!!!!

I wish I could join in the fun!

Is your FW substrate something called fluorite by any chance? I saw it at the store today and thought it looked similar. I may tear down the Glofish tank and turn it into a planted tank this weekend if I can find the right substrate and some nice plants!

That IS the name!!!!! I think you should totally revamp the FW. It's a whole new world of fun....and so easy ;) You'll definitely enjoy it more!!!!!

Congrats btw!

and that pink maxi mini mmmmmmm

Thanks, Nathan!!!! The pink maxi is usually opened the largest but not today. It isn't quite settled after the move. It should be good tomorrow.

Hey Gena! Wow! I missed a TON!

That new frag tank is gorgeous! After the changes it really looks more like a beautiful 10 gallon nano than just a frag tank. I can't wait until you have some frags ready to trade with us! I'm hoping to start fragging soon but I'm nervous to do it and I really don't have the right tools yet, or a frag rack and plugs. I've got to figure out a system for how I want to do things when I start fragging.

Your ricordea are sooooo colorful and you have such a variety. Every time I see photos of yours, it makes me get the itch to buy more for my mini ricodea garden. Oh, and those maxi minis were a steal! Sooo cool!

Any chance its time for a new FTS of the main tank and the cute little freshwater?

Oh, and I'm jealous you're all meeting up with Brad and going to Vivid! Too bad LA is 6.5 hours from here :(

How did I miss your tank on the home page?! Congrats!!!!! I'm so glad you finally got TOTM! You've deserved it for quite a while now. Gena, you seriously have a green thumb with reef tanks. I hope mine looks half as good as yours at some point! :flower:

Yay!!!!! You're back :happydance: I know you've been so busy. At least you kept us pretty updated on FB!!!!! I refrained from updating my reef tank lately because of the feature write-up and pictures that were going to pop up today. I truly can't believe my tank made the homepage :lol: It's pretty surreal. And thank you for the kind words. I don't think I've ever gotten so many compliments (in one day) in my life -_-

I'll get a new picture of the freshwater up again soon. I have a new batch of baby cherry shrimp too!!!!!!

If you mean the 16th of May, then I'm down.

Yep....16th of May. Woot!!!!! So far we have 4 of us going.

So today was a day of playing nurse. I had my son home from school again. He was worse today than yesterday. Higher fever today. We did a lot of tv watching today :) When I finally got him to take a nap (he's so stubborn), I worked on my frag tank some more. And I did a little shopping :slap: Divers Den had something I couldn't resist, plus I got some sexy shrimp and a new fish!!!!! This is all for the frag tank.

CONGRATS! :flower:

Told you your tank was sick!

Thanks, Randi :) I guess this means I can upgrade now :lol: Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Randi :) I guess this means I can upgrade now :lol: Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it does! Been over a year now so there is always an excuse to get a larger tank! Means more room for rics! ;)

Yes it does! Been over a year now so there is always an excuse to get a larger tank! Means more room for rics! ;)

40B...here I come :lol: Someday!

Sorry to hear your son is sick, Gena. I hope he feels better soon, and I'm sure you're taking good care of him. There's nothing better than having your mom take care of you when you're sick. My mom actually came out when I had my wisdom teeth out since we were worried about my reaction to general anesthesia and someone needed to stay with me. She took care of me, Lily, and the fish for the first day or two when I was feeling really gross.

I understood why you had held off on photos when I noticed the TOTM post. I can't believe I had missed it when I first got on to catch up on everything. I love your write-up btw, especially your part about your dad being your inspiration. Its a great tribute to him :) Oh, and you deserve all of the compliments!

Thanks, Felicia :happy:

That's so nice that you had your mom with you after the surgery!!!!!! Moms are the best :happy:

He's actually feeling a lot better now. I finally got him to drink some tea and eat some oyster crackers. He didn't want to eat all day. He's much perkier too :)

I just realized I never updated his results from the MRI. They ended up finding a very small growth arrest at that growth plate. Only about 17%. The plate closes when he turns 14 (he'll be 13 in Nov.) and it grows a very tiny amount per year. They are just going to keep an eye on it. Looks like it will be totally OK...thank goodness :)

Joining the movement! ;)B)

Oh yeah....in my dreams, anyways :) Seriously though...if I ever upgrade, it would be to something like a 40B.

Glad to hear the MRI results came back ok! I had been wondering if you had results yet. My childhood best friend fractured her hip when she was 11 and the blood flow was cut off to the bone so that it didn't grow. She grew another 6 inches or so after that so she had a significant difference in the length of her legs. She had to have a ton of surgeries and still has lots of issues today. I am so relieved to hear your son is ok and that the fracture near the growth plate won't cause too much of an issue. I was definitely worried when you said it involved the growth plate.

So glad his MRI was good!

Seriously I was looking at it picturing everything in there and I am getting so antsy! I don't know how I will stand the 2 weeks! :lol:

Felicia when did you have them pulled? Glad all went well for you, I have never been under and don't know how I would react to that.... Mom's make everything better! :happy:

Felicia when did you have them pulled? Glad all went well for you, I have never been under and don't know how I would react to that.... Mom's make everything better! :happy:

On April 19th. They had to do general anesthesia because 2 of the 3 (I don't have a 4th wisdom tooth) were bony impactions so they had to be cut out of my gums. *shudder* The other one was coming in, so it was easier for them to get out. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but any surgery is rough. You're lucky you've never had to be put under. And yep, moms are absolutely awesome to have around when you're sick.

Archived