Top Shelf Aquatics

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Now how did you get that???? Did you give a giant donation or something????

They do have a brand new reptile house. It's located right by the alligators, if you remember where that is. It's comparatively huge. They had to remove the old one for the new Elephant exhibit.

Well now that I think of it, life time LA Zoo membership must be ourageous, like you'd have to be Betty White rich for that. I'll have to ask the wife what we had.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This goes back a few posts, but I've had FW plants shipped to me in an envelope from Asia and they made it ok. They put it in a small ziploc bag with a wet paper towel around it. Would probably do great for the moss at least. I think I had an anubias shipped that way too. Just my 2¢ if banshee can't find anything :)

surgicalsense
This goes back a few posts, but I've had FW plants shipped to me in an envelope from Asia and they made it ok. They put it in a small ziploc bag with a wet paper towel around it. Would probably do great for the moss at least. I think I had an anubias shipped that way too. Just my 2¢ if banshee can't find anything :)

LA Port confiscated :angry: mine ... I had some pretty cool moss picked out, too. What was lame is because they did not have the papers with it.

LA Port confiscated :angry: mine ... I had some pretty cool moss picked out, too. What was lame is because they did not have the papers with it.

Aw that's lame! Mine made it to my mailbox no problem. I think it came from singapore or something from an eBay seller, free shipping. Was yours that same one?

surgicalsense
Aw that's lame! Mine made it to my mailbox no problem. I think it came from singapore or something from an eBay seller, free shipping. Was yours that same one?

<_< yes. Gosh this sucks more :P

surgicalsense
Hey ladies! How's life? I see we are trading in Illegal moss that gets confiscated here! :lol::P \

Excellent for now, how you doing?

:lol: I know right .... I was really looking forward to it also ;)

surgicalsense
I'm good. Tired but good!

Will the seller refund you since they #ucked up the shipping?

Yes, the refund was instant. Then they had the nerve to ask me why I left neutral feedback. Geesh, I could of left negative for them.

Well now that I think of it, life time LA Zoo membership must be ourageous, like you'd have to be Betty White rich for that. I'll have to ask the wife what we had.

:lol: Yep....totally Betty White status for that!!!! It's like $75 a year for the "lowly" membership that I have :lol:

Trading in illegal moss :happydance::lol:

surgicalsense
Wet it, throw it in a fish tank and sit back and appreciate it! Not illegal! ;)

:lol:

Illegal moss.......dried, rolled and smoked, try it, that's why it illegal. :)

Medical moss? :P

Wet it, throw it in a fish tank and sit back and appreciate it! Not illegal! ;)

This is exactly what I like to do with my moss :lol:

Explains the thriving breeding shrimps ;)

Exactly ;)

I haven't posted here in a while, but man your tank is looking fabulous! :o

Oh my gosh!

Awe...thanks, Jordan! How have you been? Still running everyday?

I've been running on and off. Mostly related to school and being lazy.

I still haven't gained any weight though! :lol:

This summer you can get back into it! You don't look like you'd gain a lot of weight anyways. Some people are just lucky like that!

I stopped running. Now I speed walk almost everyday. I see similar results body wise. Keeps my dogs in shape too ;)

Embrace the suck.

:lol:

That's about right. Actually, I just hate running in the city. Give me some country fresh air and I'm a running fool :)

Archived