Coral Vue Hydros

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

I can't believe you got that frag tank built so fast!!!!!! It's so cool!!!!! Maybe some day I'll need one, lol.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow that looks great! I can not wait to see your frag tank :happy: ... well I will buy any corals your happy to sell :D ... like your tiny birdsnest frag and/or any others.

Your frag tank has very clean and neat look to it.

Thanks, Danielle!!!!! I just want to start stocking it now. I did a water test on it yesterday and so far no readings on any of the big 3. That was 2 days into the setup. I'll check again in another couple of days. I'm tempted to put some kenya in there just to see what happens :)

That's a sweet frag tank. Maybe I'll just do my tank like that. Then I won't have to worry about rockscaping. I can just stare at the pretty corals. :P

Totally :happy:

I'm excited to have more room for new stuff...plus clippings of what I already have :)

I can't believe you got that frag tank built so fast!!!!!! It's so cool!!!!! Maybe some day I'll need one, lol.

Thanks, Mark! It was nothing to put it together :)

_______

So, I'm off to the tire store :lol: I got a nice rusty old wrench in my tire yesterday while out and about (yep, really. It's absolutely ridiculous that it happend :lol:). Thank goodness I wasn't alone when it happened!!!!!

Oh dear! Sorry about the wrench in your plans! :lol: I am going to start hunting for a frag tank I think! Then it can be a QT tank too. You inspire me to spend way too much money! ;) I'm adding pics of the minis that are coming to my thread for you now.

Oh dear! Sorry about the wrench in your plans! :lol: I am going to start hunting for a frag tank I think! Then it can be a QT tank too. You inspire me to spend way too much money! ;) I'm adding pics of the minis that are coming to my thread for you now.

I'm back and still driving on a donut :lol: They have to order the new tires...yes, I ended up getting a second one since it was better to do so. Couldn't tell you why, but that's what they said. They're a very reputable business and very trustworthy :) I sure could think of better ways to spend the money though...like on coral :lol:

I'll have my tires this afternoon.

Sorry I inspire you to spend money :lol: It's just so easy to do in this hobby ;)

Happy Monday!

... the kenya will probably take off growing like crazy.

Happy Monday :happy:

I'm going to put the kenya in this morning...right after I feed my fish :)

I cant wait for us to be fish twins :wub:

Have you looked into where you're gonna get one at all? I wish I lived in the states so I could order one off LA

surgicalsense

I should be getting the mesh soon. I was told just to use a tooth brush on my 3g for the small amounts of algae. I haven't tried it yet :P

I cant wait for us to be fish twins :wub:

Have you looked into where you're gonna get one at all? I wish I lived in the states so I could order one off LA

Me neither...it will be fun being fish twins :happy:

Live aquaria is out of stock on them. I have it set to alert me when they come in stock. My favorite place to order fish from is Blue Zoo Aquatics. They are also out of stock and I also have an email alert set with them. Check to see if Blue Zoo will ship to Canada! They are awesome!!!!

I should be getting the mesh soon. I was told just to use a tooth brush on my 3g for the small amounts of algae. I haven't tried it yet :P

Oh duh....a toothbrush!!!!!!! Why didn't I think of that????? That will work perfectly!!!! Hey....I like your new avy :)

surgicalsense
Oh duh....a toothbrush!!!!!!! Why didn't I think of that????? That will work perfectly!!!! Hey....I like your new avy :)

Thank you ... it was an advertisement Tiffany's send out with my regular notifications I get. I thought it was fitting :D

I can not wait to make requests for SW Reefing company to order corals for me :P ... would be sweet if they needed pt help when I move there. I am sure they could use a chic around the shop :lol:

Thank you ... it was an advertisement Tiffany's send out with my regular notifications I get. I thought it was fitting :D

I can not wait to make requests for SW Reefing company to order corals for me :P ... would be sweet if they needed pt help when I move there. I am sure they could use a chic around the shop :lol:

I want a starfish necklace now :) Hmmm...Mother's day is coming up ;)

I bet you can't wait! I would totally try to get a job there. I absolutely loved working at the pet shop in my early 20s :) I want to open my own now :lol:

The pink streaked wrasse looks awesome! I'll add it to my 'someday' list for when I have a HUGE tank. :lol: What exactly are you doing with the mesh?

surgicalsense
The pink streaked wrasse looks awesome! I'll add it to my 'someday' list for when I have a HUGE tank. :lol: What exactly are you doing with the mesh?

It is a semi fine mesh. It is held to the back of the tank wall with tiny suction cups and you place the christmas moss behind it. Then in a week or so the moss grows out through the tiny holes and then it makes a moss like wall. It is pretty cool. Just need to patient to let it grow through the mesh though.

Me neither...it will be fun being fish twins :happy:

Live aquaria is out of stock on them. I have it set to alert me when they come in stock. My favorite place to order fish from is Blue Zoo Aquatics. They are also out of stock and I also have an email alert set with them. Check to see if Blue Zoo will ship to Canada! They are awesome!!!!

I looked on Blue Zoo's website and I don't see pink streaked wrasses.. Or is that just because they are out of stock? If my LFS has no success, I'll shoot Blue Zoo an email.

It is a semi fine mesh. It is held to the back of the tank wall with tiny suction cups and you place the christmas moss behind it. Then in a week or so the moss grows out through the tiny holes and then it makes a moss like wall. It is pretty cool. Just need to patient to let it grow through the mesh though.

Is this for a FW tank? I googled Christmas Moss and only got pics of it in fresh water tanks. I wonder if I could do something similar with my tank with macros or GSP? :huh:

surgicalsense
Is this for a FW tank? I googled Christmas Moss and only got pics of it in fresh water tanks. I wonder if I could do something similar with my tank with macros or GSP? :huh:

Yes freshwater :)

... well you can maybe glue the GSP mat down to mesh or just directly to your wall if you wanted something a bit more perminate. There have been several tanks here that I have seen that have done that.

I do not know about macros enough to suggest a species that could grow like that other then cheato. But that would be kinda weird :D more like a green fur ball clump.

I tried to putty my xenia to the back wall last night and it ran away a few hours later. I have a HUGE mat of GSP/daisy polyps I would like to do it with but I'm not sure how without it breaking loose like the xenia did. How do you secure the mesh?

surgicalsense
I tried to putty my xenia to the back wall last night and it ran away a few hours later. I have a HUGE mat of GSP/daisy polyps I would like to do it with but I'm not sure how without it breaking loose like the xenia did. How do you secure the mesh?

Tiny zip ties and suction cups on the corners of the mesh cut out. Now keep in mind this is just brain-storming and I am not sure it is a good idea with GSP, which would have to grow on top of the mesh... unlike the moss in the FW that goes back behind it and will grow through it.

Hmmm, I might try to putty my GSP to the back wall next WC. I'll have to see how it looks now that the emeralds are gone. I think they were picking at it and keeping it from ever fully opening.

surgicalsense
Hmmm, I might try to putty my GSP to the back wall next WC. I'll have to see how it looks now that the emeralds are gone. I think they were picking at it and keeping it from ever fully opening.

Every once in a while one of my hermits walks over it and they retract until the coast is clear :P

Every once in a while one of my hermits walks over it and they retract until the coast is clear :P

Same with my zoas. Crabs are irritating! :lol:;)

I went to my LFS today in search of a red scooter blenny(which they did not have) but they did have a pink streaked wrasse! I wish I could send it to those waiting for one.

My LFS had red scooter blennys last time I was in! You send Gena and SurgicalSense each a pink striped wrasse and I'll send you a red scooter! ;)

I looked on Blue Zoo's website and I don't see pink streaked wrasses.. Or is that just because they are out of stock? If my LFS has no success, I'll shoot Blue Zoo an email.

It's under "wrasse reef-safe"

Here's a direct link :)

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDeta...293&cid=290

I went to my LFS today in search of a red scooter blenny(which they did not have) but they did have a pink streaked wrasse! I wish I could send it to those waiting for one.

Too funny. I'm not quite ready for one yet. Maybe in 2 weeks time. Not sure what kind of cycle I'm gonna have with this frag tank. Did it look pink to you? I'm wondering how much different it looks from a sixline, in person.

It's me and Paige that want the pink-streaked wrasse. Maybe Danielle does now too though...well, after she relocates that is :)

My LFS had red scooter blennys last time I was in! You send Gena and SurgicalSense each a pink striped wrasse and I'll send you a red scooter! ;)

You know what.....now that I think of it, mine had them too!!!!!! They are pretty cute :happy:

Haha

It was kind of pink. More pf an orange pink though it may have just been a little stressed out. There was a bigger wrasse in the tank maybe it was making it nervous

Archived