Cultivated Reef

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

How rude of me...Congrats on TOTM. Outstanding!

On April 19th. They had to do general anesthesia because 2 of the 3 (I don't have a 4th wisdom tooth) were bony impactions so they had to be cut out of my gums. *shudder* The other one was coming in, so it was easier for them to get out. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but any surgery is rough. You're lucky you've never had to be put under. And yep, moms are absolutely awesome to have around when you're sick.

Try having a Navy doc rip out three while you're wide awake. I still cringe when I think about it. :scarry:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats gena!!

And moms are great. Mine looked after me when I had my wisdom tooth surgery in February. She blended my dinner for me :D

surgicalsense

Yes... same time as usual Friday ;) ... I ready blew up your cell phone with omgomgomg:wizard: with your TOTM ... did you tell your mother?

Glad to hear the MRI results came back ok! I had been wondering if you had results yet. My childhood best friend fractured her hip when she was 11 and the blood flow was cut off to the bone so that it didn't grow. She grew another 6 inches or so after that so she had a significant difference in the length of her legs. She had to have a ton of surgeries and still has lots of issues today. I am so relieved to hear your son is ok and that the fracture near the growth plate won't cause too much of an issue. I was definitely worried when you said it involved the growth plate.

Yes...it was a relief for us as well. He was all nervous before the office visit to get the results. I told him not to worry at all. I predicted exactly what the doctor was going to say (minus the technicalities 17% arrest). Sounds like your friends situation was much, much more severe!

So glad his MRI was good!

Seriously I was looking at it picturing everything in there and I am getting so antsy! I don't know how I will stand the 2 weeks! :lol:

Thanks, Randi! We can't stand the wait either :lol:

How rude of me...Congrats on TOTM. Outstanding!

Try having a Navy doc rip out three while you're wide awake. I still cringe when I think about it. :scarry:

Oh please....not rude at all. And thanks so much :)

Wide awake and three extractions. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats gena!!

And moms are great. Mine looked after me when I had my wisdom tooth surgery in February. She blended my dinner for me :D

Thanks, Paige!!!!! Sounds like you have a great mom too!!!!!

Congrats on TOTM!!!!!!! So well deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Mark!!!!!

Yes... same time as usual Friday ;) ... I ready blew up your cell phone with omgomgomg:wizard: with your TOTM ... did you tell your mother?

Heehee...thanks again!

I sent her the link to the reef profile. She said it made her cry. She too has the reef bug in her, from my dad. But she doesn't have the time or knowledge or the desire to try and learn how to keep one herself.

Haha SS I got the text too! LMAO love it!

Wish I would have known you were running I would have put my vote in. :happy:

Haha SS I got the text too! LMAO love it!

Wish I would have known you were running I would have put my vote in. :happy:

She texted you too? Heehee...

I didn't even know I was in the running. I just got a pm out of the blue. I was shocked!!!!!!

surgicalsense
She texted you too? Heehee...

I didn't even know I was in the running. I just got a pm out of the blue. I was shocked!!!!!!

I did ;) and neither did we :lol:

.... either way it was a extremely wonderful surprise :happy:

Heehee...thanks again!

I sent her the link to the reef profile. She said it made her cry. She too has the reef bug in her, from my dad. But she doesn't have the time or knowledge or the desire to try and learn how to keep one herself.

Awwww .... is your brother local to her?

I knew for a week but wasn't allowed to say anything. I wanted to keep it a surprise too :)

Nope...we are all spread out across the country. Me in the west, my younger brother in the south, my older brother on the east coast and my mama in the midwest. It stinks.

surgicalsense
I knew for a week but wasn't allowed to say anything. I wanted to keep it a surprise too :)

Nope...we are all spread out across the country. Me in the west, my younger brother in the south, my older brother on the east coast and my mama in the midwest. It stinks.

Oh bugger okay.

Spirofucci

OK, so just to prove that I'm an ignoramus, was there any voting? How did I miss a month of voting?? How does it work, I'm so confused. Do you just bribe a mod or something, do you have to be cute? Ok now I get it.

Well.....I think Gena's tank is fabulous, she didn't have to bribe anybody.

surgicalsense
OK, so just to prove that I'm an ignoramus, was there any voting? How did I miss a month of voting?? How does it work, I'm so confused. Do you just bribe a mod or something, do you have to be cute? Ok now I get it.

No your not a dingus. I myself did not vote and for the most part we did not know. :lol: bribe, no. Her tank was nominated and CM approved, just my theory.

Spirofucci

Gena is a total stand up gal with morals and ethics and principles and all that. Personally, I have no problem with bribes or sexual favors.

*shudder* That sounds absolutely awful!

Yes...it was a relief for us as well. He was all nervous before the office visit to get the results. I told him not to worry at all. I predicted exactly what the doctor was going to say (minus the technicalities 17% arrest). Sounds like your friends situation was much, much more severe!

Yeah, my friend's situation was much worse. That's why I was so relieved to hear your son's is nothing major and that it won't cause him much of an issue.

And Gena's tank is so beautiful, I doubt voting was required. CM probably just took notice and gave her the TOTM because she deserved it :D

ScubaEthan
Thanks, Randi :) I guess this means I can upgrade now :lol: Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha It means you keep this tank in all of it's glory and start another!

I am an ignoramus too. I was thinking "geez so many people on her thread today." Then I realized it's the beginning of the month... "ooohhh! She's FINALLY tank of the month!" YAAAY Congratulations, Gena! I love that photo of you and your father. I'll have to read the entire post when I get off work. But I will say that in the FTS I see a tiny bare spot right smack in the middle :P Oh and you were the first person to comment on my thread way back in the day (like in the Fall when I got on NR) and when I saw your tank then my jaw dropped and it's been an inspiration ever since.

Gena is a total stand up gal with morals and ethics and principles and all that. Personally, I have no problem with bribes or sexual favors.

+1 :lol:

surgicalsense

Where as I am totally the opposite ... Morals, maybe. Ethics, it depends and principles, only in school :P

... j/k ... I work for a billion dollar company covering their surveillance and security I have some of the above.

Gena's tank just rocked and was reconized for it being successful.

*Gena, your father would very happy and proud :D

Thank you and LOL :lol:

And Gena's tank is so beautiful, I doubt voting was required. CM probably just took notice and gave her the TOTM because she deserved it :D

Awe...thanks :happy:

haha It means you keep this tank in all of it's glory and start another!

I am an ignoramus too. I was thinking "geez so many people on her thread today." Then I realized it's the beginning of the month... "ooohhh! She's FINALLY tank of the month!" YAAAY Congratulations, Gena! I love that photo of you and your father. I'll have to read the entire post when I get off work. But I will say that in the FTS I see a tiny bare spot right smack in the middle :P Oh and you were the first person to comment on my thread way back in the day (like in the Fall when I got on NR) and when I saw your tank then my jaw dropped and it's been an inspiration ever since.

Thank you!!!!

I love that photo too. It's actually my brother with my dad in that photo, which is just as great :)

Was I the first to comment???? Cool!!!!!!

Where as I am totally the opposite ... Morals, maybe. Ethics, it depends and principles, only in school :P

... j/k ... I work for a billion dollar company covering their surveillance and security I have some of the above.

Gena's tank just rocked and was reconized for it being successful.

*Gena, your father would very happy and proud :D

Thanks, Danielle.

Can't wait to get the new stuff tomorrow. P.S...all new stuff for the frag tank only. My NC12 is complete (for now :lol:). I think we'll be hearing from Morgan in a week or two. Her stuff is going in the NC12 :)

Yup :happy:

:happy:

I'm gonna try and e-mail Morgan today and see if she has any super duper specimens. :)

Let me know what you hear. Hopefully she still has my list :)

Top of the morning to you .... I am home all day :D yay!

Excellent. Very convenient ;) I'm patiently awaiting the arrivals today. Looks like once again...everything will be coming at the same time...ugh. These vendors and their speedy shipping :lol:

Spirofucci

Morgan is going camping tomorrow and will post pics next week. You might want to give her a little reminder.

Morgan is going camping tomorrow and will post pics next week. You might want to give her a little reminder.

Wow....do you have her direct line or something? That was fast :lol:

camping sounds fun.....

surgicalsense
Excellent. Very convenient ;) I'm patiently awaiting the arrivals today. Looks like once again...everything will be coming at the same time...ugh. These vendors and their speedy shipping :lol:

Okie dokie .... I am picking P up from school @ 11. So we can time this out depending on which comes first. If I can grab that red shroom that jumped ship :P I bring that to you to toss in your frag tank. It may turn out that I run her over to Woodland Hills then directly over to you with a quick pit stop to pick up the goods :D

I think my cherry shrimp is molting or dying, it was difficult to tell :P I turned on the light and it seem extremely weak, then moved into the moss. I found it, but it is really difficult to see what it is doing exactly.

Spirofucci
Wow....do you have her direct line or something? That was fast :lol:

camping sounds fun.....

Yer funny. No I don't have her direct line, not yet anyway, I just e-mailed her from her website. She did add some new coral pics to her site, but I'd like to see what she keeps on her top shelf in the back. :)

Archived