Innovative Marine Aquariums

The "Mini" World! PIX!(rimless 10g build)

Mini-Dude

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheapreef27
Will mine be adiquite for SPS?

Its the same as mine, just a different company. I actually just reread Acropora's thread in the coral section, and they may be possible higher up, but growth and color would be subdued.

Will mine be adiquite for SPS?

You will want to keep birdsnest right under the light, near the top of the tank. Most SPS will not do great under the fni lamp. It will work well for softies and most lps though. Don't worry about not being able to keep SPS though, you probably won't be ready for them until you can afford a different light anyway.

Edit

Dam auto correct

Ok but I really dont know why you state this....how do you like the pics?

multiple reasons

greater surface area. This enable's the population of bacteria to greater in a smaller volume. Or in equal volumes can be a difference in magnitudes.

It will be less prone to accumulating things within the pore volume.

Having greater erosion or movement of the grains, often refereed to as the sand being blown around, helps to prevent this sedimentation of detritus. This not me saying that you want the sand stired up into the water. Just a little movement within the bed.

Again since you only putting it in to add aesthetically. Keep the layer as thin as you can, expecting to perhaps redistribute it when you do your water change.

I really like that 10 gallon. With it being rimless you may have difficulty using a lid. make sure to factor that in when picking livestock. Remembering that all fish jump & to only add inexpensive ones. Or those least likely to to go surfing.

Do you get to snack on free Movie Popcorn? I love Movie Popcorn, although a steady diet of it would be terrible.

Weetabix after work I went to visit my grandma so I missed your post! I started working there 2 years ago the summer after my junior year. I weighed 145ish as I was a cross country runner. I ended up at 175 through growth spurts and stupid popcorn. Now I'm at 160ish after I stopped likeing it. I cant stand the smell of my shirt when I get back. But yes...I get 100% discount+all the aftershow workers only previews to movies. It impresses the girls when I can take them to private shows ;)

Its nice being 19 and getting to boss around two 35+ year olds. The rest are younger than me. We're told when we start we're manager and to handle situations ourselves but if theres an issue I'm usually called to handle it....or if a projector breaks I'm called to fix it since I am an electrical engineering student after all ._. \

multiple reasons

greater surface area. This enable's the population of bacteria to greater in a smaller volume. Or in equal volumes can be a difference in magnitudes.

It will be less prone to accumulating things within the pore volume.

Having greater erosion or movement of the grains, often refereed to as the sand being blown around, helps to prevent this sedimentation of detritus. This not me saying that you want the sand stired up into the water. Just a little movement within the bed.

Again since you only putting it in to add aesthetically. Keep the layer as thin as you can, expecting to perhaps redistribute it when you do your water change.

I really like that 10 gallon. With it being rimless you may have difficulty using a lid. make sure to factor that in when picking livestock. Remembering that all fish jump & to only add inexpensive ones. Or those least likely to to go surfing.

Ok I will only do about 1/2 to 3/4 of an I inch to tart with. Did I tell you I was getting some rock from my friend?

Thanks very much for the complement on the tank. I will deff need a lid. I will get it figured out though

Weetabix after work I went to visit my grandma so I missed your post! I started working there 2 years ago the summer after my junior year. I weighed 145ish as I was a cross country runner. I ended up at 175 through growth spurts and stupid popcorn. Now I'm at 160ish after I stopped likeing it. I cant stand the smell of my shirt when I get back. But yes...I get 100% discount+all the aftershow workers only previews to movies. It impresses the girls when I can take them to private shows ;)

Its nice being 19 and getting to boss around two 35+ year olds. The rest are younger than me. We're told when we start we're manager and to handle situations ourselves but if theres an issue I'm usually called to handle it....or if a projector breaks I'm called to fix it since I am an electrical engineering

student after all ._. \

:lol:

These would be the el cheap oh ones, that you start with. Then move on to which ever of the expensive one's you feel like in about a year.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?...&lmdn=Brand

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?...&lmdn=Brand

there is over lap between the two kits & really you shouldn't need both. But they are the choice's you have to pick from. with out doing them all individually. on the upside they can be had at the store so there is no shipping or stuff. I'm the wrong one to ask abut testing since at this point I think all my kits are expired. Yes use them up they do go bad. but that may give you an Idea how often I use them. based on this I say to just get the reef kit, but I also remember starting out. waiting for that first cycle n stuff. I expect you have an ammonia & nitrite kit with the fresh water. so yeah reef kit & a ph kit on the side.

but it also comes down to how soon you plan to do corals & what kind. if you won't need the calc & stuff soon then there's that to think about.

Got a bundle of Sassafras Root and the recipe for Homemade Root Beer to send to you, will mail it out tomorrow in your package.

The root beer tastes awesome!!!

I will prob get the API, I started a thread in the classifids and a person had one that he only used once. Grab it?

Great Weetie your get him home brewing, before he can even get into a decent movie. lol

that depends on how old it is & how much is left. I would probably just go with new kits.

How about the API reef master kit?

Lol root beer!

That's perfect!

Great Weetie your get him home brewing, before he can even get into a decent movie. lol

that depends on how old it is & how much is left. I would probably just go with new kits.

I'm cool like that. B)

RayWhisperer

The API test kit will be fine.

Two clowns will be fine, provided you do regular maintenance. Adding the goby is minimal bio load, but still bio load. Regular maintenance is a MUST.

The API test kit will be fine.

Two clowns will be fine, provided you do regular maintenance. Adding the goby is minimal bio load, but still bio load. Regular maintenance is a MUST.

Ok cool, I will be doing like 2-3 gallon WC each week. Is this good enough or do I need more?

But yeah I had 2 clowns & a dart in my ten for a long time. totally doable if you take your time, learn, meet there needs. remember its about building around the needs of the livestock.

Archived