Coral Vue Hydros

Im not killing my fish, sorry

brandolando4

Dude - here's the deal - the fish isn't really sick per se....

he's....

well...

He's a special needs fish.

I know it's tough news and all.....

Just take comfort in the fact that you can give him the special care he needs.

Exactly ! Maybe try and chew his food for him! :P

This clown rides the short anemone! Haha

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there a way to delete a thread holy ####, im so sick of getting yeleld at.

Im a second degree college student with a 3.6 all in advanced classes. Im sorry that one of my classes isnt aquarium husbandry. I started this hoby because i thought it would help me later. i understand i need to slow down, and if it bothers people that i reply to other peoples questions then i will stop. ive never answered any questions i didnt kno every question ive answered has been simple and could easiy be found by doing 10 seconds of research.

i asked this question cuz i needed help, not to be destroyed by everyone on this site. Im sorry i have bothered you all and i will stop asking questions that obviously enrage everyone here.

im knew to threading i wasnt aware that making multiple topics was such a bad thing.

and im sorry coral whisper for asking questions that make me curious, (schooling fish) it was a hypothetical question for a tank i plan on making in 8 months.

and formula you think your better then me because your going back to get a degree in art?? are you off?? Biology is miles harder then your piece of #### major!!

and finally i came to the conclusion of brook because after the couple of hours of research the closest thing i could narrrow it down to was that. I didnt want to post a new thread asking what was wrong with the fish because i feared something like this thread would start.

Im really sorry for bothering everyone here!! Thanks for all the input and help over the last couple months. i appreciate those people that actually did help, instead of being a condescending ass hole

I'm surprised no one commented on the fact that he has setup a tank with no reliable way to get good water.

I read through the ENTIRE thread and boy, some people were rough, but you deserved it.

Whoever said he needs to change his avatar is dead wrong, he's rick rolling all of us. Only difference is that this thread is worse than the Astley video.

Watched your video and the fish looks pretty okay to me, nothing to have an epic freak out over. He is acting a bit strange, but it almost looks like he's trying to get the corner of the tank to host him.

and formula you think your better then me because your going back to get a degree in art?? are you off?? Biology is miles harder then your piece of #### major!!

and apparently you suck pretty bad at it dude! maybe you should change your major.

lol, i haven't heard of too many marine biologists who cannot spell, use proper grammar, spell , form sentences correctly, and did i mention spell?

i wasn't knocking your choice in majors, it's a good one. at least you aren't stupid in the sense that you aren't going for some cop-out business degree. that being said, i am, and will always be 10x the artist and writer that you will ever be biologist. i am already better biologist apparently too. if you really have a 3.6 grade average in your second year, you should probably start practicing better typing/spelling/general english skills because if you start filling out resumes with this style of "speak", you can kiss any job at any lab goodbye. (unless you are cool with being a floor tech with a biology degree)

and yes, before anyone wants to chime in, i am fully aware that i don't capitalize my sentence beginnings and propers. the difference is, i am aware i am doing it.

Apologies Sir, I was unaware that forums require

proper english.

anyway, i guarantee you are better artist and writer then me because im awful at those, however you cannot bash on someone for being retarded when your life decision, was to not go to school, and then 8 years later after you realized how much your life sucked you decided to go back to get a degree in art. Art is a cool major and im pumped for you. But u are a dick, and you have not right saying im off.

And the major of marine biology never tells you how to take care of fish, im sorry thats not how it works, majority of this major is ####ty classes that i will never use like organic chemistry and cellular biology. So again i have no clue about fish tank besides from what i have read in books and on this forum.

ill work on my spelling, grammar, and did i forget to mention spelling, because i know that nano-reef is considered a scientific journal and requires such dedication to grammar

I agree that there seems to have been a trail of poor choices leading up to this situation. I do, however, think that we all can agree that he is not alone. I know when I 1st started in the hobby I made my share of poor decisions some of which resulted in the premature death of livestock. We all see that he admits that he made the wrong decisions and understands what went wrong. Sure we can pick him apart and I for one could have been absolutely blow out of the water for the foolishness that I called an aquarium when I set up my 1st saltwater tank. I think at this point we can acknowledge the mistakes, but move on. What's done is done and there is really no point in going in circles. How about we all go to a more productive thread.

+1...for someone going into biology, you're surely off a very bad start, killing fish after fish after fish...do you do an autopsy on them after? At least you could learn something from your mistakes.

I did an art major, after doing a science major and I thought the art major was much different. In science all you need to do is study and learn, but with the art major you need to have talent and that can't be bought or learned. It was easy to study for the math exam, but doing a design project that had to be creative and original was not simply a matter of remembering stuff.

that being said, i am, and will always be 10x the artist and writer that you will ever be biologist. i am already better biologist apparently too.

update on the fish, he is swimming a tinsy winsy more but staying to his corner and laying down most of the time and continuing to breath heavily, after todays target feeding he still refused the food!

I've passed on replying here a few times...

second degree college student... is that like a burn , or a martial arts belt?

Belittling an arts degree puts some perspective on your worldview....

Sorry... I'm done

im sorry sir, i agree that art requires talent, but i believe that any major needs talent, biology isnt all studying> i agree art takes more talent then biology, tho but being able to understand and apply the ins and outs of science is a talent as well. Thats why not everyone is a doctor, its hard and it requires a lot of skill and talent..

im not bashing anyones art major, im bahing formula for saying he is better then me because he is working real hard on his art degree.

This thread just keeps getting better and better. F the movies this is all the entertainment I need for the night.

It has gone from a guy who asks a lot of questions and then pretty much does exactly the opposite of the advice to a college boy ####### match about which degree is more useless. The best part is people judging people by their grammar all the while not even using CAPITAL letters at the beginning of their sentences.

Priceless!!!

Keep up the good work chaps!

PS: In all honesty I really do hope your fish makes it.

lol, im glad this is entertaining im so over it tho, i really didnt mean to anger so much people, and i really am sorry and regret not listening to the advice i got earlier this month. i should have and know that this is my fault. I really want to reiterate that im all about art, and dont think it is useless.

is there a way to remove this thread from existing??

Brando... Do you play ping-pong? How do you feel being the little plastic ball going back and forth?

Seriously you can't possibly have a clue what you're doing right now. You're going back and forth on decisions, getting opinions on irrelevant topics (this post probably falls under that category), and on top of that you have so many posts on this and similar topics I can't figure out which clown is dying, how long it's been like this, or even what symptoms the fish has to begin with!

You're a 2nd year college student going into marine bio... You should know that to get anywhere with this you need to think methodically, not just research anything and everything hoping to find a simple step-by-step guide on how to save your fish, because there isn't one.

Without getting into the personification too much, what would you do if the fish were someone (a person!) you knew and you were responsible for curing him/her?

First, you need to identify ALL of the symptoms. If you're trying to diagnose something without knowing all the symptoms there's a really high chance you'll be wrong. Why do you think it's brooklynella Hostilis? Where did you even post the symptoms such that anyone can give you reasonable diagnosis suggestions? Maybe I'm just missing something/can't read, but what is everyone basing their treatment suggestions on?

Next, I somewhat recall your name being connected to some problem with a clownfish. I looked through your topic history and there are multiple threads on the same or similar topics. This leads to confusion because you end up starting and stopping at different points along the same story. Would you take a sick person to a dozen doctors? Simple answer is no. Because they would all have to go through the same process of running tests and such that you waste time and cause unnecessary stress (note this is a simplification). If your having a problem just start one thread. If you don't get responses then post some additional information to "entice" people, or PM someone you trust on the site for their thoughts.

Finally, you're basing your decisions on opinions and I don't see very many biological facts being cited. You've heard it before "opinions are like #ssholes..." I'm not saying that peoples opinions are necessarily wrong or unhelpful, but it seems that this thread has so many that you might be getting more confused. It's like if you research something too fast, without letting it "digest", you have that moment where you're more confused than before you did the research? I realize you value people's input, but sometimes it's best to just sit back and think for yourself, given the information you have, and ask "Does this really make sense" before making a public decision.

Anyways, sorry if my post seems scattered, but I'm seeing this a lot where a ton of advice is given to a spastic OP and things just seem to go all over the place.

PPS: This.

Part of taking it slow is to not freak out at the slightest thing and then knee jerk try to fix the problem with advice taken from people over the internet who aren't even there to diagnose the problem. I am not saying that people here give bad advice, in fact there is great advice on here. People are giving you options based on what you are telling them they are not saying to run out and do exactly what they say. It is up to you to sort it out.

Scientific method dear Brando scientific method.

LOL, let's start a new thread "should I kill my thread?"

This is quickly turning into thread of the year material in my book.

Honestly though, I think every time you try to kill this thread, it just breathes more life into it (and coincidentally into your fish :) )

i understand that, and imnot freaking out, idk why you assume that, im trying to do fix my stupid ass mistakes.

i posted this thread because my scientific method didn't work i have ruled out everything i could, and i really don't plan on experimenting any more on this fish.

nor cal nano your avatar made me laugh for like 10 minutes idk what it is but its hilarious.

i understand that, and imnot freaking out, idk why you assume that, im trying to do fix my stupid ass mistakes.

i posted this thread because my scientific method didn't work i have ruled out everything i could, and i really don't plan on experimenting any more on this fish.

nor cal nano your avatar made me laugh for like 10 minutes idk what it is but its hilarious.

I really can't resist!!

What exactly was your scientific method?

well i observed a problem, i then followed through to by doing research to see what could be wrong, i couldn't find anything that was a 100 percent match, so i chose the one that was the next closest option.

I then formed the hypothesis that my fish could in-fact have brook. After doing that i performed my experiment to see if my hypothesis was true. My experiment proved my hypothesis wrong so i asked the scientific community (you guys for help).

since then i have done nothing but slowly start raising the salinity and trying to feed once a day. I have not freaked out and i have not rushed to any conclusions. I have made the best decision i could and assumed my fish is either shocked/scared or has a an air bladder problem.

is there a way to delete a thread holy ####, im so sick of getting yeleld at.

You can probably ask a mod to close it.

if it bothers people that i reply to other peoples questions then i will stop. ive never answered any questions i didnt kno every question ive answered has been simple and could easiy be found by doing 10 seconds of research.

I didn't look through your post history, but just make a judgment call on whether you know enough about the topic to answer, or qualify your remarks. There's plenty of basic topics that I'm sure you know enough about by now, so don't feel bad about trying to help other people out. Especially if they seem to be making some of the same mistakes.

You could try to clean up your sentence structure and stop having so many comma splices; it really makes it hard to follow you at times. You don't need perfect English, but it will help people take you more seriously -- IMO, of course.

i asked this question cuz i needed help, not to be destroyed by everyone on this site. Im sorry i have bothered you all and i will stop asking questions that obviously enrage everyone here.

It's not the question. It's the series of questions over this month. I think you'll notice the responses have gotten progressively more negative. Over time people will forget about it or get over it once your tank starts working out. I can think of one member who showed up while I was still lurking that really got ripped on. He/she didn't leave and everything is forgotten.

In all honesty, none of this will probably help you in your career. Keep at this hobby as long as it's enjoyable for you. The fish doesn't look like a lost cause yet, so just focus on that. Create a new account on a different forum if this one has become too hostile.

P.S. Don't bash those "####y" classes like Ochem and cellular biology; you may find that the job you really want requires a Ph.D. and you could be stuck doing that level of science for years. I thought I'd never need thermodynamics again, but half of my Ph.D. is ending up being based on principles from that class.

:grouphug:

This thread is battling for my favorite. Right now it is tied with the one where the kid sold corals for his charity run and then disappeared. People get in over their head....and then the wolves descend.

really?? that sucks, i hate organic chemistry i really pray that i never have to use it again.

But yes i will stop asking stupid questions so fast, i have apologized and will stop. I hope one day this will help in my life, because i want to work at an aquarium.

Archived