Pod Your Reef

Im not killing my fish, sorry

brandolando4

This may have already been brought up, but what device are you using to measure the SG of your salt water, and has it been accuratly calibrated?

Calibrated refractometer.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see:

1/17: You start your cycle

1/22: you post panicking about adding two clownfish too early

1/30: instead of letting things stabilize you dump in a YWG and a cleaner shrimp.

2/7: Both clownfish die. Tons of people tell you to slow down, stop adding stuff, and watch the goby for parasites

2/11: You ignore everything you've been told and shove in two more clownfish AND a pistol shrimp

2/17: You're asking how to kill your dying clownfish (big surprise)

I don't know what it's going to take to get through to you. You're trying to fully stock your tank with three fish and two shrimp and the thing isn't even a month old.

A clownfish laying on its side with labored breathing is not what I'd call normal. Clownfish do have pretty weird behavior, but it's still easy to tell when they're sick.

This. Don't get mad man. People have been trying to help you all along and so far you have nothing but a track record for posting a lot of problems and ignoring the advice.

Put your iPhone in the freezer

This was funny!!

Maybe give it a clove oil bath once it thaws out.

Raise the salinity to 1.026. Do a 50% water change with water from the main tank. Keep the temperature at 78F. Once he perks back up, if he doesn't eat, try feeding him live brine shrimp, and once he's used to that start tossing in other foods like mysis. :)

absolutely the worst thing he can do right now. you can go down fast but going up fast will doom the fish.

I have only read 1.5 pages but gotta be honest and this may have been posted I dunno. But how are you such a noob with 450 posts? You HAD to have learned something. Unless you are that guy that reads the last post only and comments on it. I know that sounds hypocritical after I only read 1.5 pages but every post claims your a noob.

I have only read 1.5 pages but gotta be honest and this may have been posted I dunno. But how are you such a noob with 450 posts?

I know nOObs with thousands of posts.

Just skimmed most of this thread, but what kind of clown is? True Percula or oscellaris? I work at Petco (I know they suck, hahaha, you dont have to tell me) and we have a coupla true Percs that do EXACTLY what you are describing- look normal, but swim near the surface, usually a corner, most of the time on their sides. We have had them like this for TWO MONTHS . . . they may be just retarded, cuz otherwise they seem completely normal. All the oscellaris clowns swim just fine. So I guess all I am saying is (like mostly everyone else) wait it out, see what happens- if it dies it dies. But if it hasn't died after all this time, maybe its just you freaking out. Oh, and quit adding fish. lol. This is your third goof up . . . not trying to flame, but seriously, dude. You can't just come in- mess up, say you won't so it again, then go straight out and make the same mistake again TWICE and just tell people to forget about it. Hope your fish is ok, and good luck!

Just skimmed most of this thread, but what kind of clown is? True Percula or oscellaris? I work at Petco (I know they suck, hahaha, you dont have to tell me) and we have a coupla true Percs that do EXACTLY what you are describing- look normal, but swim near the surface, usually a corner, most of the time on their sides. We have had them like this for TWO MONTHS . . . they may be just retarded, cuz otherwise they seem completely normal. All the oscellaris clowns swim just fine. So I guess all I am saying is (like mostly everyone else) wait it out, see what happens- if it dies it dies. But if it hasn't died after all this time, maybe its just you freaking out. Oh, and quit adding fish. lol. This is your third goof up . . . not trying to flame, but seriously, dude. You can't just come in- mess up, say you won't so it again, then go straight out and make the same mistake again TWICE and just tell people to forget about it. Hope your fish is ok, and good luck!

I like how the guy from petco is trying to tell this guy how to take care of fish! :happy: lmao

Iv seen a couple good petcos, that have had people that know what they are talking about but most of them shouldn't even be aloud to keep fish. Not flaming you I just thought it just was funny

And to the clownmurderer ;) or soon to be jk I'm messing with you but if you seriously have this many questions you shouldn't have more than 1 fish because a lot of us fail then succeed , with you your going to get a bunch of stuff and have it crash on you and itl feel like a drop kick to the nuts ! Haha patience is a virtue my friend .... Put some corals in , sit back and relax and let the corals grow in!

I know that is fast I was just being defensive!! I get it didnt help my case!! Lol pictures are coming hold on

here are the pictures this was the best i could do.

post-61368-1297982574_thumb.jpg

post-61368-1297982584_thumb.jpg

idk why they are upside down

i think someone mentioned a bladder problem, maybe that is it....try pming wombat or uhuru. Send them the picture and description, maybe they can help, both are smart about such things. Also I think on this board incognito/seahorse dreams ...is another user who can help you. They have a couple different user names I get confused... like talking to a vet they can give you a good place to start at least if the picture isn't enough. I dont think they would mind helping at all.

this thread wont die, lol, i guess i dont have a way with fish.. bummer really seeing how im majoring to study them... i guess thats how life works tho.

this thread wont die, lol, i guess i dont have a way with fish.. bummer really seeing how im majoring to study them... i guess thats how life works tho.

Take it as a sign.......

any updates (other than even more people bashing and not helping, and here i was trying to get away from the attitudes at reef central...)? can you take a video of the fish with your iPhone? do you have a better camera that you can take a pic with?

Archived