inTank Media Baskets

Im not killing my fish, sorry

brandolando4

I like how the guy from petco is trying to tell this guy how to take care of fish! :happy: lmao

Iv seen a couple good petcos, that have had people that know what they are talking about but most of them shouldn't even be aloud to keep fish. Not flaming you I just thought it just was funny

And to the clownmurderer ;) or soon to be jk I'm messing with you but if you seriously have this many questions you shouldn't have more than 1 fish because a lot of us fail then succeed , with you your going to get a bunch of stuff and have it crash on you and itl feel like a drop kick to the nuts ! Haha patience is a virtue my friend .... Put some corals in , sit back and relax and let the corals grow in!

I know Petco fish SUCKS. lol. I would never buy ANY livestock there- I work in the grooming salon (nothing to do with fish . . . ) AND I'm not a "guy". Occasionally I like to glance in on the fish on "death row" though. So association with petco doesn't take away from my credibility when giving advice, seeing as I am 3+ years into the hobby :-P How 'bout them apples?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont bother dripping lfs fish. Float and drop.

IMO don't add LFS water to your tank ever.....you don't know whats in it, like copper for ex. I'm sure Ben knows that but others might not. Net it out .

IMO don't add LFS water to your tank ever.....you don't know whats in it, like copper for ex. I'm sure Ben knows that but others might not. Net it out .

+1

Drop means, pour bag contents through a net and put the fish in your tank.

lol it should be both, he looks a little better kinda moving more, but still laying and breathing in his corner.

il try and feed in a little while

I know nOObs with thousands of posts.

:D:):lol::P

lol it should be both, he looks a little better kinda moving more, but still laying and breathing in his corner.

il try and feed in a little while

How about setting up live streaming video of the little guy?

HEre is vid

other clown in the display is looking fine and healthy

lol, if i knew how i would!!

Oh & as to post count, its irrelevant. been at this years & I'm still a noob. Just like every one else & don't let them tell you other wise. Don't let things get you down the key is do you learn or not. If you keep the little guy alive or not is only really important to the fish. for you its how many mistakes you wont repeat. don't worry the better you get the bigger you mistakes become. if it gets to the point that the little guy seems to be on his way out, throw him in the freezer. till then work your tail off to do right by it.

He looks fine to me, Maybe a bit scared/stressed. I would slowly bring the salinity back up and watch him another couple days. When you try to feed the little guy, turn off all the pumps so it is easier to remove all the uneaten food.

ok, first things first. paint the bottom of your quarantine tank. the thing is disoriented by thinking it is flying.

second, i still haven't seen you post your pH...

try to get closer pics if you see something on it, but it looks normal. what are you feeding it? did you see it eat in the LFS?

he ate at the lfs, ivebeen feeding rods food soaked in garlic, but heard pe mysis was more nutriotional so ive been trying that recently.

ill try to do the ph again.

should i raise the salinity??

and the bottom of the tank thing, i heard that was a myth, but if it isnt i will defintaly paint the bottom.

and he ate in my display for the past half week

ph=7.8

It may or may not be unrelated but I bought an ORA platinum clownfish. It lays on its side all day long. It doesn't breathe heavily just lays on its side. ORA told me it was a problem with its swim bladder that probably occurred during shipping and they sent me a new one. They told me I could keep the one swimming on its side because it was going to die. I have had that fish now for six months. It still lays on its side. She swims to the top now when I feed her but she definately doesn't swim "normally."

Moral of my story is that you made some mistakes. But sometimes we get fish that aren't perfect to begin with. In my opinion, I wouldn't kill the fish. Just do what you can for it and keep learning.

Good luck and keep us updated =)

The fish has no concept of what flying is. I kept clowns in a bare bottom tank for long time. I don't think that they had delusions of being ducks.

HEre is vid

other clown in the display is looking fine and healthy

lol, if i knew how i would!!

That video is VERY disturbing but based on that I wouldn't kill him yet unless he is worse.

he looks better then yesterday. should i raise salinity??

I;m sure you said but I don't feel like reading through all this bs again.....what is the salinity at right now?

pH is too low, probably causing the gasping. check your alk, see if you're low there too. that and calciium in the proper levels will help balance out the pH.

for the tank bottom being painted, I don't know if it's a myth, but it makes sense to me. just tape some white paper underneath see if it helps.

if you THINK you had ich, don't raise your specific gravity (note the correct term...) and you should technically lower it to 1.009 or 14ppt. 1.010 is useless. if you think it was brook, or just some sand or something, then SLOWLY raise it. if there's anything on the fish right now, get a real digital camera, zoom in, and get a good picture for us.

honestly ive been lookign and i see nothing, i have a buffer i can buffer the water, ill check my kh when i get home again.

he was gasping in the display as well tho... and thatt was a normal ph

pH is too low, probably causing the gasping.

Umm.....no. Yes it is slightly below what we would prefer, but a pH of 7.8 is not bad.

7.8-8.5 OK.

8.1-8.3 is better.

I would stake my "street cred" on the statement that the pH is not causing gasping.

Edit: My pH has always hovered around 7.8 and I have not seen any gasping. Ich yes......but gasping no ;)

Archived