Im not killing my fish, sorry

brandolando4

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see:

1/17: You start your cycle

1/22: you post panicking about adding two clownfish too early

1/30: instead of letting things stabilize you dump in a YWG and a cleaner shrimp.

2/7: Both clownfish die. Tons of people tell you to slow down, stop adding stuff, and watch the goby for parasites

2/11: You ignore everything you've been told and shove in two more clownfish AND a pistol shrimp

2/17: You're asking how to kill your dying clownfish (big surprise)

I don't know what it's going to take to get through to you. You're trying to fully stock your tank with three fish and two shrimp and the thing isn't even a month old.

it is "normal"

A clownfish laying on its side with labored breathing is not what I'd call normal. Clownfish do have pretty weird behavior, but it's still easy to tell when they're sick.

take a picture of the fish and maybe someone here can diagnose the problem. hyposalinity doesn't work for everything, it is really just effective on parasites and the like. bacterial infections do okay in hypo, etc..hope it pulls through!

Basically what I was trying to say too.

He IS trying to help this fish. He just doesn't want to see it suffer unnecessarily.

For those of you that are saying how terrible he is to think of a humane way to end needless suffering would you say the same if it was a dog or a cat? Would you watch your dog die a slow agonizing death because by some miracle it might still survive? I'm not saying not to do everything we/he can to help his fish but at some point there may be nothing more that can be done. I can say with absolute certainty that no life lasts forever so I think his original question was legitimate. And for those of you who say "I have never had a fish die" stay in the hobby long enough (20+ years) and I guarantee you will' unless you are such a great fishkeeper that your fishes become immortal :lol: Brandolando may not be the best aquarist in the world yet but hes trying.

I get that I went fast I get that, can we get over it and help me with the problem at hand, if u wanna be dick then don't help but don't comment, I'm sorry I rushed, I really am, I saw no parasites on my goby and my levels were good I jumped to conclusions and it was an expensive dumb mistake on my part I won't do it again

I'll take a picture but honestly he tere is no white on him at all, I'll try and get a good one when I get home!

For those of you that are saying how terrible he is to think of a humane way to end needless suffering would you say the same if it was a dog or a cat? Would you watch your dog die a slow agonizing death because by some miracle it might still survive? I'm not saying not to do everything we/he can to help his fish but at some point there may be nothing more that can be done. I can say with absolute certainty that no life lasts forever so I think his original question was legitimate. And for those of you who say "I have never had a fish die" stay in the hobby long enough (20+ years) and I guarantee you will' unless you are such a great fishkeeper that your fish become immortal :lol:

+1 to all that. And as to immortal fish...

There can be only one! *Lightning bolt* *Lame Highlander references*

For those of you that are saying how terrible he is to think of a humane way to

Not referring to me, I hope.

Oo by the way it has been a month!! Thanks

A month is still too fast for everything you are adding IMO.

Get a picture of the fish. To raise the salinity, you should top of with salt water that is at the desired salinity.

I'd hold off on raising the salinity until you get a picture and an accurate diagnosis.

Sorry I was confused, again I have no nitrites, I haven't tested the ph of the qt, I thought u were asking the ph of the display tank, i will check the ph when I get home, no formalyin bath I couldn't go to the store to buy any, so I figured hyposalinity would help, and I don't know if it's brook that was just the closest hit I got upon my research

ok. the pH is very tricky in hypo as i explained before.

brook and ich are SORTA similar, but very distinguishable

I know that is fast I was just being defensive!! I get it didnt help my case!! Lol pictures are coming hold on

here are the pictures this was the best i could do.

post-61368-1297982574_thumb.jpg

post-61368-1297982584_thumb.jpg

idk why they are upside down

Doesn't look that bad to me...

I'd probably try to slowly raise you salinity and see if he ges better.

Wait for someone else to chime in before dong anything though.

I know right, he looks normal except the way he acts!!

Let's see:

1/30: instead of letting things stabilize you dump in a YWG and a cleaner shrimp.

2/7: Both clownfish die. Tons of people tell you to slow down, stop adding stuff, and watch the goby for parasites

2/11: You ignore everything you've been told and shove in two more clownfish AND a pistol shrimp

I don't know what it's going to take to get through to you. You're trying to fully stock your tank with three fish and two shrimp and the thing isn't even a month old.

A clownfish laying on its side with labored breathing is not what I'd call normal. Clownfish do have pretty weird behavior, but it's still easy to tell when they're sick.

There isn't much you can do. You rushed a process that takes time, so only time can fix what you did incorrectly. Hopefully your third clown doesn't die..

If your tank looks brand new, as yours does, its a good indication it isn't ready

Let's see:

+1,000,000

I'm surprised he's not dead already. I would bet my sunpod that he is dying from stress.

What's stressing him?! The clean water?! Idols understand the other fish are happy! I understand I rushed can u tell me what might be shocking him!! Instead of the whole tank?! Why would my fish be shocked but not my coral!!?

I've decided to leave him be and not bother him, anymore and let nature take it's course and try and target feed once a day!!

Thanks for the help

no offense, but....what's wrong with you?

danthenewreefman

i would skip on the feeding personally. Doesn't look skinny, just leave him alone for a few days. Starvation isn't going to kill it.

Hopefully it'll perk up in few days somewhat and you'll know it's time to offer a LITTLE food.

Raise the salinity to 1.026. Do a 50% water change with water from the main tank. Keep the temperature at 78F. Once he perks back up, if he doesn't eat, try feeding him live brine shrimp, and once he's used to that start tossing in other foods like mysis. :)

Archived